Who had the more legendary 3 album run? Janet Jackson vs. Beyoncé

KatyPrismSpirit

More legendary 3- albums run  

106 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Janet never was and never will be a legend or icon. Beyonce wns by default.

• Thumbs Down 12

23 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Janet never was and never will be a legend or icon. Beyonce wns by default.

Very bold coming from one of the last 3 remaining kitty kats or whatever we used to call Katy Perry's extinct fanbase :rip:

• Haha 4

Being placed and losing against Janet is still a win. But, yeah... Janet's albums are just masterclass. all good smile GIF by Janet Jackson

• Like 1

I love several Janet songs but never got infatuated with her discography.She remains an undeniable Icon and precursor of course.

So I'll go with Bee

Janet hands down 

Ms. Jackson aka the blueprint

• Thanks 1

Slightly Janet but both are great and not everyone can say they have a classic album much less three

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Beyoncé. Janet's 3 Album are amazing and one of a kind just wish we'd stop romanticizing the past.

Taylor Swift included but give us everything after dropping repuatationtv and debuttv. 

Miss Janet 'If You're Nasty' Jackson obviously

I stan both, but Janet wins for me. The run from Control to The Velvet Rope is just unbelievable. :ghostface:

They're both 2 of my favs but Janet walked so Bey could run. I will say Beyoncé has been doing an amazing job of carrying on the artistic and daring pop legacy of predecessors like Janet and Madonna. Others have tried and failed to complete the mission but Bey very well may be the first pop girl in this generation to achieve the 4 albums in the critical canon.

18 hours ago, Stankonia said:

What does Mary J. Blige have to do with this thread? :confused:

Girl sit down

14 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

Girl sit down

Imma stand up to let you sit because there's no way y'all call Beyoncé the "queen of R&B" when Mary's impact on the genre is 100x bigger and more important (Aretha and Janet's too for that matter). And you as a Mariah stan should know this since your fave wouldn't be the artist that she is today without Mary's contribution to contemporary R&B.

1 hour ago, Stankonia said:

Imma stand up to let you sit because there's no way y'all call Beyoncé the "queen of R&B" when Mary's impact on the genre is 100x bigger and more important (Aretha and Janet's too for that matter). And you as a Mariah stan should know this since your fave wouldn't be the artist that she is today without Mary's contribution to contemporary R&B.

I voted for Janet PLSSSS Im just saying Mary is more hip hop soul, she is part of the contemporary r&b scene and should be respected but I don't think anyone would refer to her as queen of r&b LOL (and beyonce would never be included in THAT convo)

Also I would not exaggerate Mary's influences on mariah LMAO to the extent where she wouldn't be the artist she is today without Mary, Mariah wanted street cred like Mary yes but she did take the hip hop x pop fusion thing further so I'm sorry that's Mariahs impact at the end of the day

Velvet Rope >> Renassaince>>> Self titled>>> RHYTHM  Nation>>Janet>>Lemonade 

I voted beyonce cuz I’m biased I guess, but TVR might be my top 3 fave album of all time :giraffe:

I prefer Beyoncé's music by miiiiiles but Janet objectively clears here. Commercially bigger and her run was more legendary. You could've actually started from Control.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.