KatyPrismSpirit

More legendary 3- albums run  

106 members have voted

1. 1. ?

BEYONCÉ - Lemonade - RENAISSANCE

Rhythm Nation 1814 - janet. - The Velvet Rope

GChKWiEWYAAHlSQ.jpg

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

Honestly I can't choose. The Velvet Rope and Renaissance are my two favourite records of all time and the quality across both runs is incredible. Also the way you could add Control and 4 for an excellent four album run - legendary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

janet sweetie i'm so sorry

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Very hard for me to pick. Amazing works across the board and they all offer something very different so it kinda balances out on both sides.

RN1814 is my least favorite here so I'll just be very biased and vote for Beyonce but I do think Janet deserves more recognition and respect for her amazing musical output and influence.

• Like 2

Love both, but Janet..

RN was a huge thing and has been constantly tributed since then

janet. was an all-encapsulating moment for her and imo solidified her as a force,artist,charts act..it did a lot (tbh arguably her most important album)

TVR wasn't super mainstream, but that was what makes the era so impressive,artistic,provocative and boundry-pushing

ST broke in expectations and solidified her as something more than just a popular artist

Lemonade was a double-down for anyone that doubted that. Even made things more interesting when it wasn't anything like she has done before.

and Ren was a bop album ..it was mostly there to get people dancing with good music. But it wasn't so special as the other albums were for the artists (except that maybe it showed that the artist still could deliver a good album and have attention (altho I don't think anyone other than OBH's doubted Bey - one of the most hardworking artists ever))

but it's also too soon to be comparing these eras, since not a lot of time has passed for Bey's

while we've seen the fruits that Janet's bore.

When even the Beyoncé fans are saying “this is a hard pick or they can’t choose”, you know that Janet completely steamrolls this.

• Haha 3

9M albums sold vs 31M albums sold

4 top 10 hits vs 15 top 10 hits

1 #1 hit vs 7 #1 hits

Janet Jackson. :rip:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

When even the Beyoncé fans are saying “this is a hard pick or they can’t choose”, you know that Janet completely steamrolls this.

Or maybe we're just fans and appreciative of great music :michael:

Somebody clock me if I'm wrong but most Beyoncé fans on here have always shown admiration and respect to the greats that came before her and their works.

We always sing praises to the likes of Donna, Tina, Diana, Janet, Mariah, Madonna and others because we are aware of their influence on Beyoncé and her work. 

I really love both but Janet clears

The one that is undisputed queen of rnb and the biggest black live act of all time because of those three records :heart:

Lemonade is not fully to my taste so I will go with Janet but respect to both these ladies.

Beyonce. Velvet Rope clears almost everything though 

Beyonce's run is amazing and it's even more amazing that she's topped herself repeatedly as an industry veteran with 20+ years under her belt. She has set a high bar for her peers to live up to. That said, Janet is my fave and has my favorite pop girl discography ever so I had to be honest with myself lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Kimi said:

The one that is undisputed queen of rnb

What does Mary J. Blige have to do with this thread? :confused:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

What does Mary J. Blige have to do with this thread? :confused:

Girl…

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.