• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Dear Reader

• Badgalbriel

• Cruel Summer

19 minutes ago, Wolf Alice said:

Undisputed ruler of music in the 20th century :clap3:

Just a small correction: this is the 21st century. 

• Haha 1

Thank God it’s her over any of the awful politicians who have ruined this year 

• Like 1

This is beyonde huge and historical. This put her immediately upon the future icons of this century. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

Her epic career-retrospective tour recounting her artistic “eras,” which played 66 dates across the Americas this year, is projected to become the biggest of all time and the first to gross over a billion dollars; analysts talked about the “Taylor effect,” as politicians from Thailand, Hungary, and Chile implored her to play their countries. Cities, stadiums, and streets were renamed for her. Every time she came to a new place, a mini economic boom took place as hotels and restaurants saw a surge of visitors. In releasing her concert movie, Swift bypassed studios and streamers, instead forging an unusual pact with AMC, giving the theater chain its highest single-day ticket sales in history. There are at least 10 college classes devoted to her, including one at Harvard; the professor, Stephanie Burt, tells TIME she plans to compare Swift’s work to that of the poet William Words-worth. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11

7 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

the cat cover is awful but the other two look fine to me. honestly not even mad she's been everywhere this year

3 minutes ago, BIAATCH said:

I hate the photoshoot tho except for the cover with Benji. That cat is stunning.

:redface:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, makeme said:

Exactly and now she joins the ranks of Adolf Hitler, Donald Trump, etc. Former Time person on the year winners 

As well as 3 popes, multiple US Presidents, including Obama, American Women in 1975, the computer in 1982.... Dumb trolling attempt. 

• Haha 7

skldfgnhsjdlfg she just won't stop :rofl: Person of the year Taylor Swift is so powerful :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, ugo said:

maybe because she's not a model :rip:

that was the assignment - and she failed

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean, she’s probably right, but let it be another artist that’s said this about behind the scenes label scheming & y’all would yell “delusion”. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

:dies: the cat is serving for real but Taylor looks terrible in that one imo

i like the cover, but her hand is kinda awkward :emofish:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oduplomarte said:

No, her assignment was being the person of the year 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oduplomarte said:

the “assignment” is that she’s Person of the Year. Cope better :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

We're in the absolute worst timeline. :rip:

The world is on fire from climate change, we're edging towards World War 3, the US is about to enter a period of fascism, and the most impactful person is....Taylor Swift? :psyduck:

If I were a Swiftie, I'd be low key embarrassed by this.

Taylor Swift was the one major thing this year that was not completely miserable and OTHs can't stand it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, this was a huge year for her that no other artist have ever experienced in history. Her dominance this year has not been seen before in a period of 12 months. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.