Biggest Commercial Underperformance: Miley, Doja, Olivia?

stjosephprey4us

Which underperformance was the most disappointing?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

Mileys the most disappointing.

doja was in her solo artistic rap era, no one really expected any numbers.she was very anti pop star. Getting a hit the way she did alone was impressive. 

Olivia performed as expected.

Scarlet by FAR. To see the album flop that hard after the success of Planet Her and with a hit single like PTTR on it is really weird :rip:

• Like 1

It’s obviously Scarlet. Even though Vampire will likely be GUTS’s only hit single, at least Olivia has album sales and a sold-out world tour. Scarlet would’ve been DOA if it weren’t for PTTR.

• Thanks 1

Miley is in the 17th year of career, bagged herself the biggest global hit of her career and finished the year among Billboard's top ten artists for the fifth time in her career. Many of ATRL's "MPGs" would kill and die for that.

Doja is the right answer here.

• Like 1

Even with PTTR being bigger than vampire, that album units are not touching GUTS :toofunny3:

Doja has a second hit with Agora hills and is currently doing a successful arena tour. Also ESV and Guts are commercial pop records Scarlet is not

Edited by makeme
  • Like 2

ESV did pretty well in my opinion.

GUTS was never gonna do SOUR numbers but is selling consistently.

Although Agora Hills may turn things around, Scarlet’s album numbers are pretty bad, so it wins (loses?) this.

2 hours ago, makeme said:

Doja has a second hit with Agora hills and is currently doing a successful arena tour. Also ESV and Guts are commercial pop records Scarlet is not

Thank you! you cant choose Scarlet if you listened to it. She totally changed her formula on the contrary of the other 2.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

Mileys the most disappointing.

doja was in her solo artistic rap era, no one really expected any numbers.she was very anti pop star. Getting a hit the way she did alone was impressive. 

Olivia performed as expected.

if miley's is dissapointing then i  wonder what you think about your fav

ejdejdedma.thumb.gif.cc17726106d45b57347

didnt her cd sell 1k?

Edited by Geraldine
  • Like 3

ESV kinda bombed but Miley is almost 20 years into her career so I’ll give her that

GUTS definitely underperformed and it’s only hit single will be vampire, but the album was acclaimed and I think it’s streams are okay

The real “bomb” here is Scarlet, like I didn’t think it will be as big as PH and it was obvious it wouldn’t be, but the streams for the album tracks are abysmal, thank god she has PTTR and Agora Hills

Dojar Cat maybe? How is Scarhit doing in comparison to Endless Flower Payola?

Dua might be joining the list I fear

9 hours ago, Geraldine said:

if miley's is dissapointing then i  wonder what you think about your fav

ejdejdedma.thumb.gif.cc17726106d45b57347

didnt her cd sell 1k?

Which album sold 1K lmao, I don't think that's accurate. Demi's remix/re-recorded hits album sold like 11,000 in pure copies in the USA, approximately 17,000 overall with streaming. Based on expectations, that's actually an over-performance.

I'm not saying Miley is unsuccessful, I am answering the question. ESV is an underperformance and disappointment compared to what Flowers accomplished... I like the album a lot actually and either way all of these artists are incredibly successful and the top 1% of artists commercially. Everything is relative to expectations and lead single performance, BUT irrespective of that, ESV is acclaimed and successful nevertheless. Don't stir this into something it isn't.

Edited by Freakshowvato

54 minutes ago, wish said:

Doja had the least successful album overall. Half of the tracks STILL haven't crossed 10M streams :deadbanana4:

What?? :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Cain said:

What?? :deadbanana4:

I just looked again and a few more tracks FINALLY crossed 10M but there's still a big handful under the mark:

F*ck The Girls - 9.8M

Shutcho - 9.4M

97 - 8.4M

Often - 6.4M

WYM Freestyle - 6.4M

Skull & Bones - 6.3M

Love Life - 6.0M :deadbanana4: this will never hit 10M

For comparison, nearly everything on ESV is over 20-25M, and every track on GUTS is over 50M :soda: 

1 hour ago, Ron Ng said:

Miley's. She has the biggest female song of the year yet it couldn't save the album

Her album got certified in more countries than Olivia's and Doja's though.

And she was in the 17th year of her career while doing zero promo for the album while Doja/Olivia are relatively new and had certain clout attached to their rollouts(Olivia with the perceived Sabrina/Taylor/Joshua feud and Doja with the Demonic/Nazi gimmick). 

46 minutes ago, wish said:

I just looked again and a few more tracks FINALLY crossed 10M but there's still a big handful under the mark:

F*ck The Girls - 9.8M

Shutcho - 9.4M

97 - 8.4M

Often - 6.4M

WYM Freestyle - 6.4M

Skull & Bones - 6.3M

Love Life - 6.0M :deadbanana4: this will never hit 10M

For comparison, nearly everything on ESV is over 20-25M, and every track on GUTS is over 50M :soda: 

Wow that’s actually major bomb territory 

GUTS as an era felt underwhelming, but the album is still doing well. Doja has Agora Hills coming for her. Miley is on her what, sixth album? That is already a huge thing for an artist like her.

Olivia probably had the hardest fall, but all of them are still doing great.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.