Jenna Ortega not returning for Scream 7

taemin

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah was a success because of these a-list stars near to di Caprio. 

Lmao, they're right though. Scream 7 will likely not come close to the success of Scream 6. 42% of the audience for 6 was between the ages of 18-24, the same demographic that supports the exact thing Melissa Barrera lost her job over. Furthermore it's impossible to deny that Jenna brought in a ton of new fans after the success of Wednesday. With a lot of fans not wanting to support the movie after the Israel/Palestine controversy and the loss of Jenna, the movie is obviously in a bad spot.

• Like 5

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• taemin

• Daddy

• Shelter

Can someone tell me what really happened here? I didn’t follow this news at all it seems. Can someone link an article or something?

As much as I love this franchise, I kind of hope the seventh movie doesn’t go forward at this point. I rewatch six for the first time recently and it kind of hit me that it actually wasn’t that good.

The entire situation is beyond corny, I really have no interest in seeing the seventh movie especially now that the main story arc can’t be continued. I also don’t want to see them shoehorn Sidney back into it.

Edited by Yog

Perfect timing for a PR win for her either way.

Even if it wasn’t actually about solidarity with the other actress, people are already convinced it is (see the experts in this thread) and she will now be getting praised for it. 

• Like 3

I’m glad Jenna is standing in solidarity. I knew she would.

The streets are saying Jasmin is out too. The franchise is officially dead. ******* morons (Spyglass not the girls).

13 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Not you all acting like people watch these movies from nothing but the killer :laugh:

Have you ever seen the Scream movies or spoken with anybody from the fandom? Part of the reason people love these movies so much is because of the cast. Characters like Sidney, Gale, Dewey and now Sam and Tara are what make these movies so strong because you actually care about them and their stories. I would be mortified if they killed off Gale because she’s just such an icon within the franchise and she’s one of my favourite things about these movies. Ghostface, as a design, is cool, but it’s not the same as Michael Myers, Freddy or Jason, as Ghostface is just a ‘random’ person in a mask who are revealed in the final part of the movie. 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, taemin said:

I'm not buying this tbh.

So they knew this for MONTHS and there wasn't even a rumour floating around or anything? Yeah, no. There were rumours of Jenna cancelling her contract since yesterday and this only gets posted now? Something smells fishy.

they don't have a script cause they need to rewrite it after firing the main character :rip: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bjorn said:

Due to Wednesday shooting 

Okay miss Ortega :ryan3:

Yeah, this is obviously an excuse, the timing is just too perfect. 

This is crazy. They better pay Neve WHATEVER she wants to come back, if they want to wrap up this trilogy in a good way.

SHE ******* DID THAT!!!!! Legend Ortega you just gained my upmost respect 

This movie is such a mess and a waste of time anyways. She surely has better projects coming than this one

This movie is such a mess and a waste of time anyways. She surely has better projects coming than this one

4 minutes ago, Khal said:

Perfect timing for a PR win for her either way.

Even if it wasn’t actually about solidarity with the other actress, people are already convinced it is (see the experts in this thread) and she will now be getting praised for it. 

I mean they can try to spin it as a "scheduling conflict" thing but it's most definitely not though. They had all of these past months to prepare but somehow they had to announce this less than a day after Melissa gets fired for being pro-Palestine? Only last month, it was announced that Jenna would be back despite being so booked and busy. Do they even have a script and a filming schedule ready? :skull: The timing says it all. 

• Like 2

Just cancel it!! It will be a dirty stain on an iconic and solid franchise no matter what. Proud of the girls.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.