Jenna Ortega not returning for Scream 7

taemin

4 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

But Dwight is dead, will they introduce a twin or an obsessed fan wearing his face or somethng.. HANG IT UP Flat screen

Patrick Dempsey did not play Dewey, that's a different actor, his character was on Scream 3 and is now married to Neve's character :suburban:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• taemin

• Daddy

• Yog

1 minute ago, Mocha said:

Patrick Dempsey did not play Dewey, that's a different actor, his character was on Scream 3 and is now married to Neve's character :suburban:

Lmfao.. i thought that was Dewey idk why

moo.png

22 hours ago, taemin said:

As someone said on this thread, on October (WAY after the strike started) it was reported that she was commited to her role on the movie / franchise "despite her busy schedule".

That same report explicitly stated it was dependent on how long Beetlejuice took to wrap and the timeline of Wednesday. Scream 7 doesn’t have a writer/script or scheduled production. Being committed is basically saying she would want to be involved, if possible. But it’s pretty obvious if they wanted Jenna they couldn’t do anything until after Wednesday, which would push the movie into 2025. And I’m certain they want production to start asap. With how they’ve treated Melissa they probably would write her out to get it out quicker anyway with the uncertainty.

22 hours ago, taemin said:

The new "Scream" reboot was rumoured to be a trilogy which most likely means main (or crucial) actors had to sign what they call a 3-Picture Deal. If Jenna broke the contract months ago by not returning to the 7th movie "due to schedulling conflicts" it would've been public as there would be a legal problem back then.

I may be wrong but there's NO way this was apparently known for MONTHS and there wasn't even a concrete rumour about it. It's really looking like Spyglass is creating a narrative for damage control to save what's left of their image. 

Well that was obviously not true. I’ve never seen that stated on any reputable site in all the articles I’ve read about the new series. And Radio Silence would’ve been under the same terms if that was the case. But it’s been known for a while Jenna’s involvement was touch & go.

Spyglass also isn’t the one saying that, it’s Jenna’s team claiming this was discussed a long time ago. Spyglass hasn’t made any statement besides attacking Melissa.

HOWEVER, I don’t doubt that Melissa getting fired pushed them to just seal the deal. I feel it’s her way of standing alongside her without directly getting tied up with the mess that’s going on in the industry with the attacks.

23 hours ago, The Witch said:

Now cast sydney sweeney and alexa demie as the leads and bring back emma roberts :WAP:

@Reverse Warholian @Walk_Away21

More like those two as cameos that got killed in the first scene :giraffe:

They need to scrap everything and doing a total new chapter at this point.

They need to make a more gore-bloody-epic version, 5 and 6 were too vanilla, co-directed by Damien Leone (Terrifier director) and Ti West, starring Mia Goth, Maika Monroe, Alyssa Sutherland and Charles Melton as new leads, bring back Neve Campbell too:turkey:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leptine said:

More like those two as cameos that got killed in the first scene :giraffe:

They need to scrap everything and doing a total new chapter at this point.

They need to make a more gore-bloody-epic version, 5 and 6 were too vanilla, co-directed by Damien Leone (Terrifier director) and Ti West, starring Mia Goth, Maika Monroe, Alyssa Sutherland and Charles Melton as new leads, bring back Neve Campbell too:turkey:

Screech stans won't handle the slayage i fear :WAP: they're used to CW type of movies :dies:

• Haha 3

It's really hilarious to see how EAGER many people in here still are about giving Spyglass money after what they've done :toofunny3:

We're entering the new McCarthyism, if they get away with it it's only going to get worse. I hope there won't be a Scream 7 at all as long as Spyglass is in charge of the franchise.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2023 at 12:05 PM, vale9001 said:

Not you all acting like people watch these movies from nothing but the killer :laugh:

you clearly know nothing about SCREAM lol

On 11/22/2023 at 12:29 PM, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

This is crazy. They better pay Neve WHATEVER she wants to come back, if they want to wrap up this trilogy in a good way.

and still is not a good look on Neve tbh

Of course the characters matter. There is probably no other horror franchise where the fanbase cares so much about the characters or why do some of y'all think most of the main cast survived "Scream VI"? People were almost crying when they thought Gale would also die. And they did a good job to establish the new core four just to rip them apart now, because the main actress openly stands for what is right.

Storywise, i do think they still could go with the alleged Christina Carpenter as a killer story and pull the motive that she's mad at Sidney for killing the love of her life (Billy), getting all the attention and turning her daughters against her. But all the behind the scenes drama already tarnished the legacy and a lot of fans would lose respect for Neve if she would sign on.

I'm so sad about his whole thing. Scream was about to peak, I could feel it. I was ready for Stu to come back as the big bad :jonny4:

On 11/23/2023 at 4:23 PM, The Witch said:

Screech stans won't handle the slayage i fear :WAP: they're used to CW type of movies :dies:

?

If anything, Sydney Sweeney and Alexa Demie fit much more in the caliber of stars of screams 1-4 than anybody in 5-6. 

Although Jenna and Melissa retroactively became huge so that helps 

Edited by barbiegrande

I want to see a movie centered around Sidney and Mark but I don't want to support Spyglass :katie:

Yeah **** spyglass and scream 7. 

I used to be a huge scream stan and loved the last 2 movies, but this is unacceptable. 

Thanks to Jenna Ortega for making sure this movie tanks, gotta stan this queen :clap3: 

I love scream series but yeah its over. 

For it to be continued to me needs new production company first. Spyglass is over. Like I'm a kirby stan and mindy was my fave/funniest in scream 6 to me but them (if kirby is back again) is not enough for me to support it after how they did melissa and neve. Jenna gone is the nail in coffin. I hate it also bc i was hyped to see scream w this director. I love the death day movies and paranormal activity 5 (underrated queen tbh)

Ngl even it took me awhile to get into this new series cuz i really didn't like 5, id need to rewatch to solidify but 5 may be my least favorite bc 3 plotwise isnt great ofc but has high rewatchability for me.  But 6 was amazing so I'm into it now.  But then this happens :rip:

Oprah Winfrey Omg GIF

Is that the studio head's biggest takeaway from all this? EMBARRASSING. 

Studio not realising they didn't need Neve because he had Jenna Ortega who was at her peak during the release of VI :rip: Idiots, I can't wait to see VII flop. Too bad those zionist millionaires are so up their asses they will never admit they were wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.