Swifties are divided over the silence of Taylor/Taylor Nation about the late Swiftie

Kayseri Mantisi

Just now, Geraldine said:

this. its obvious she'll help the family why are people so angry she hasnt done it yet

why is it taking so long for her to do the bare minimum then?

• Like 1

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edu

• on the line

• Dear Reader

• byzantium

Just now, PoisonPill said:

If she is documented apologizing for the death, it could absolutely expose her civil claims. When you have that level of wealth and power, everyone sees an opportunity to get rich in any way possible. She's also in a foreign country with a lot of corruption in the legal and political system. Any decent lawyer would tell her to not make any public statements yet, beyond the letter she already released. 

okay so now we are blaming brazil for having corrupted politicians for the lack of transparency with her fans, got it

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Like I said, if this happened in Taylor’s home country, she would have quickly issued a statement and covered their expenses. Seems like Taylor doesn’t value her international fans as much. So disgraceful for an artist of her caliber. 

She released a letter right away. And the family has said they do not want fundraising or memorials or any more public attention right now. What's not clicking for you?

• Like 1

I'm so disappointed…

It wouldn't cost her anything to send her condolences to this beautiful girl's family.

Be human at least once in your life.

This narrative that she can't say anything is not valid and her team is only making the situation worse. A simple message would end all of this...

:ace:

• Like 2

We all know she tends to do this behind the scenes, I mean the legal fees she helped Kesha with weren't made public until Demi went after her...

Edit: and there also has to be a reason she's spending Thanksgiving in Brazil rather than heading back home...

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Edu said:

okay so now we are blaming brazil for having corrupted politicians for the lack of transparency with her fans, got it

No, "we" didn't say that. I said that any foreigner with common sense - let alone Taylor Swift - would tread very carefully if caught up in a death investigation in Brazil.

• Thumbs Down 7

i have been saying this since yesterday but NO ONE thinks taylor single-handedly took ana's life

however her trying to avoid at all costs to reach out to the deceased fan's family is mind boggling imo

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

You are absolutely repulsive.

Not to be mean but Taylor, her team and the tf4 are the ones not acting accordingly and nasty, not that user :rip: 

Love her, but there’s no denying that this isn’t a good look, to put it nicely. 

It’s not, or at least shouldn’t be, all about money, charts and success. These are human beings and it would be nice to show true empathy. Is it her responsibility to do so? Technically not, but it would be great if she did 

• Like 3

The parasocial relationship must be killing some people's braincells, I swear. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, suburbannature said:

The fact that your knee-jerk response to this is to immediately accuse a family from a “corrupt” country of looking for an opportunity to get rich instead of just having a little bit of empathy is astounding. 

If you can't grasp that someone of Taylor's phenomenally unique position in the world, needs to be extremely careful with any public statements and actions - while also showing empathy which she has repeatedly - then I don't know what else to tell you.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, PoisonPill said:

No, "we" didn't say that. I said that any foreigner with common sense - let alone Taylor Swift - would tread very carefully if caught up in a death investigation in Brazil.

right because death investigations are very easy to handle in other parts of the world LMFAOO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

the family only had to make a statement because someone close to taylor gave a false statement to the press

The family didn't make a statement. This information came from a journalist. And PageSix made up a lot of stories about Taylor recently by claiming they had "sources close to Taylor" so it shouldn't be surprising that they lied again. I mean, that entire article was just weird, no?

Yesterday fans got in touch with the family because they were planning a protest at the show and they had to tell them to change it. I feel like a lot of fans just want to feel better about themselves but the thing is we'll have a lot of time to judge Taylor's actions or lack there of. And you can still do that and leave the family in peace

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Dreamer2023 said:

Not to be mean but Taylor, her team and the tf4 are the ones not acting accordingly and nasty, not that user :rip: 

I'd still love for someone to coherently explain how Taylor is being cruel and horrible in this situation, and back it up with actual known facts, not what you "imagine" is happening.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Edu said:

right because death investigations are very easy to handle in other parts of the world LMFAOO

Never said that either. By the way, relying on sarcasm makes you sound like a 3rd grader.

I'd still love for someone to coherently explain how Taylor is being cruel and horrible in this situation, and back it up with actual known facts, not what you "imagine" is happening.

Taylor has not reached out the victim’s family and has not supported them economically. Isnt that enough for you? “I should not stan a millionaire” repeat with me please 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Like I said, if this happened in Taylor’s home country, she would have quickly issued a statement and covered their expenses. Seems like Taylor doesn’t value her international fans as much. So disgraceful for an artist of her caliber. 

Clock that tea

And why should we believe this article is true? As far as I know news and tv shows in Brazil are taking advantage of the situation to increase ratings

• Thumbs Down 28

Just now, artc0cx said:

And why should we believe this article is true? As far as I know news and tv shows in Brazil are taking advantage of the situation to increase ratings

Sure, Jan.

PLEASE some of you touch grass omg :rip: using the death of someone to try and paint an artist you don't like in a bad light... the lowest is WHAT. y'all are more disrespectful to this girl's memory than whatever taylor is or isn't doing with the way you are using it for stan wars and ****

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.