The Game of the Year Awards announce this year's nominations

tiagol88

Baldur's Gate 3 and Nintendo sweep incoming oh and I'm not mad if Alan Wake 2 coming too :gaycat1:

And justice for my GOTY Pikmin 4

Edited by Chasing Comet
  • Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruel Summer

• Yog

• DanyelP23

• tiagol88

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Venice B said:

Hogwarts Legacy getting a grand total of ZERO nominations.

gqCjZq4.gif

It's fxcked up bc it's such a monumental and historic game, not to mention, a great game

And I can't at Nintendo shoehorning Super Mario Wonder on everything. Like, are they serious 

RE4 and Wonder hopefully can snag one win each. Great games.

I see BG3 sweeping basically everything though.

16 minutes ago, Sombre said:

Slightly off topic but what gaming device do y'all use? Windows gaming laptops? Decks? Anyone on a Mac? :celestial6:

PlayStation 5! 

• Like 1

Baldur's Sweep is coming.

28 minutes ago, Sombre said:

Slightly off topic but what gaming device do y'all use? Windows gaming laptops? Decks? Anyone on a Mac? :celestial6:

I use a Windows gaming laptop.

Edited by Tasty

21 minutes ago, Sombre said:

PS5, I even play Sims 4 on it. I only keep a laptop around for League of Legends and once in a while to get into Sims 2 cause I like to recreate builds from that game. :smile:

I also have a Switch but since I work from home, it just collects dust now. 

Nintendo leading the pack with 15 noms. 

Nintendoes what others don't :clap3:

29 minutes ago, sugrbby666 said:

Final Fagtasy XVI

Tears of the Trashcan
Balding Gay 3

:spin::rofl: MESS! 

But also XVI and its MMO pacing were the disappointment of the console generation so far, for me.

I am truly delighted to see that game not get the GOTY nom and hope Creative Business Unit 3 does not develop another single player/mainline FF game again.

Downvotes anticipated :bibliahh:

Edited by Reginald
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sombre said:

Switch so I can spend my days with the greatest video game of all time, Tears of the Kingdom, and PC/PS5 for Elden Ring only :bird:

1 hour ago, Sombre said:

A PS5, Switch, and GeForce Now cloud streaming on my Mac. :bird:

-

Baldur's Gate 3 deserves because it was something fresh, an overall masterpiece, and because Astarion is hot. :giraffe:

Good to know I have only played NOMINATED video games this year.

Mario Wonder is so cute.  Hope it wins.

BG3 BETTER sweep or we riot!!! 

72zx.gif

Yes my wonder got a nom!!!!!!

Looks like i need to try Baulder's Gate based on what everyone is saying here. I heard it's more of a PC keyboard mouse kinda game, over console controller tho. 

Idc for the nominess. 2023 wasn't game heavy for me. Poor Hogwarts, but I've said since release that it would nvr be nominated anw.  

It's weird that games released less than 3 weeks ago can be nominated for GOTY :dies: The Grammys at least have an eligibility period that comes nowhere near the actual Grammys. Oh well TGS is just a glorified Ad's show anyway.

• ATRL Moderator

They're the Game Awards, not the GOTY Awards :rip: @Bloo can you fix the title?

Anyway, I don't know it TotK still has the hype to win GOTY, and Wonder doesn't deserve :fan: But I'll root for Tears or Alan Wake 2.

I’m personally rooting for Tears of the Kingdom to win. I still think it’s the best game of all time. It’s the highest reviewed game of 2023 and the game with the most perfect scores in history for a reason :gaycat4:

However, the only other game that I think should win is Baldur’s Gate 3. Larian Studios created a masterpiece and its win would be historic for CRPGs. 

Both games have set new standards for future games to follow (complex choice-based narrative in BG3 and expansive world interactivity in TOTK). There are strong cases raised against a TOTK victory, with the obvious ones being its predecessor already winning GOTY and it being a direct sequel that only expanded from a built foundation, which is why I won’t be mad if BG3 won instead.

Also, those who think that FFXVI and Hogwarts Legacy were snubbed from getting GOTY noms should try playing other games :gaycat4:

Anyways this is the best year in gaming since 2017 :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.