Is “Houdini” a flop?: The Megathread!

favorite crime

The Dua fans decided to drag Crumbs, and that Rebecca Black voodoo hit Houdini.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• unclefloprry

• Solaria

• Digitalism

4 minutes ago, Hustler said:

Ok so a 1M drop is freefalling, especially during weekend. Yeah right :eli: 

Interesting that chart number rules and trends apply only when you defend your fave and not when you want to shade others!

Houdini will smash regardless y’all want it or not :eli: until the GP says no but so far 4.2M in a day is far more than what some of our faves scan in a month on the platform, so keep quiet …

Who exactly? :rip: 

• Thanks 1

It will rise on the charts once it gets to 300m audience on radio

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Catch me or I go indeed :deadbanana2:

Still hope this works out for Dua in the end. Houdini isn't my cup of tea but I'm rooting for the girl. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

Well yes! Like many other artists...

It's not her fault that the payola actually works for her unlike the girlies in your sig :heart:

If you list all of Dua's singles, more than 70% flopped in the US :deadvision: 

The song is really good but it's not instant, so the gp will eventually start consuming it more but first, she needs to start shoving the song down their throats

• Thanks 1

It’s actually holding a bit better than I was expecting. Not a fan of the song at all.

20 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

why does the dj keep on playing cruel summer it's not even summer

You do realize it’s almost Summer in some places, right?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Wait, os out over now is still #1? Damn, this song is going to be a hit!! 

Just now, By the Water said:

I don't know why people think her songs taking months of playlisting and radio to do well is a flex. Atp in her career she should be a big enough name that people at least check her new releases right away. Even Katy managed that with POM and Roar

:clack:

Finally something we can both agree on!

nicki.png

• Haha 1

The excuses for Dua are insane

Getting to 300m radio despite bad or good callouts and then stream stabilizing is not a flex

12 minutes ago, Squall said:

No matter if it ends up doing good, it’s still crazy how this woman has NO fanbase, despite the playlisting and FN era.

Easy, she's a GP artist. Her music isn't really the type of music that makes you build a strong fanbase either. She's not the first, won't be the last artist to have this kind of fanbase. Still, saying that she has no fanbase when she's just had her biggest debut yet doesn't really make sense. 

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Like 2

I mean we know she’s a longevity girlie but it’s weird after being in the industry for years, sis has some of the biggest hits of the decade and last decade too and still hasn’t a song debuting with like 7M streams and she has always to wait months to rise makes no sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

If you list all of Dua's singles, more than 70% flopped in the US :deadvision: 

Luckily the GP said YES! to the North American leg of her tour and everyone was perched to see her, seeing as it completely sold out. I guess those people just HAD to see her to throw tomatoes on the stage because they were so mad that she interrupted their daily listenings when Levitating came onto their playlist. I’m sure that Diamond plaque was brought on by her haters as well. I keep learning new stuff on ATRL every day. Thank you miss Hot Volcano

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

At least attention and power underwhelming numbers were justifiable because of non commercial sound.

This literally has no excuse, I wonder if she has paint the town red or happier than ever saved somewhere on album

Is that really freefalling?

But anyway, we all know Houdini will smash hard in a couple of months. 

Dua is all about longevity. This will start smashing around New Years/early 2024.

6 minutes ago, By the Water said:

I don't know why people think her songs taking months of playlisting and radio to do well is a flex. Atp in her career she should be a big enough name that people at least check her new releases right away. Even Katy managed that with POM and Roar

:clack:

And they did, seeing as it’s the biggest debut of her career

spacer.png

• Like 7

I would like to see Warner accountable books with Dua Lipa because the amount of money that have to spend during months to build any of her hits is totally anormal 

• Like 1

I like the song but it’s not as instant as anything on FN, I think it’s too early to make any strong judgements about the era or overall performance though.  

I have to admit I kind of feel inclined to roll my eyes at the ‘practice everything that you preach’ lyric, i feel like I’ve heard it too many times in other songs.  The production is good though, I enjoy that juggernaut bassline

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.