How often do you get a haircut and how much do you pay for it?

Space Cowboy

Back in my home country, every three weeks at around $1.45 per haircut. So so cheaaaap!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Man Who

• abelfenty

• KillingYourCareer

• John Slayne

About $100 plus tip.  It’s a very nice and acclaimed Japanese hair salon and the person who cuts my hair can basically read my mind as to what I want them to do.  Never experienced that before at any salon.

every 4-5 weeks, i pay £17. every 5 months or so i get my hair bleached blonde, which costs £80 (haircut included in the price)

i don't tip my barbers, didn't know it was a thing tbh.

3 hours ago, Delusional said:

The jump is crazy. I’d travel out but 1) it’s time consuming and 2) trying new places is anxiety-inducing for me because I’m scared they’ll make me look clapped djfjjsj:ahh:

To be fair, once you’re accustomed to how somebody cuts your hair, it is weird going to a different place. A woman I used to see was so rough and she’d always leave the back of my head red because of how aggressive she shaved it, so I’m glad I have somewhere else now. My current place is ran by a Turkish family and they’re so attentive and gentle.

The hag I used to see can’t relate! 

:ryan3:

• Haha 3

maybe every two-ish months. usually around 30 nzd.
shocked to see that people are tipping for a haircut :deadbanana4:

I go to a cheap place nearby and it's $25. Then I'll usually pay $35-40 depending on what cash I have. I hate asking for money back so if I only have two $20s they can take it instead of giving me $5 back :rip:

Every week, $36—which includes a tip. I like staying fresh, with a bald fade. :celestial6:

Luckily my mom is my hairdresser so I have to pay nothing. I visit her like once a month while she does her magic

Ideally I try to get my fade kept up, but since I work from home and have since COVID, I get haircuts way less frequently. I used to get one once a month, but these days I usually end up putting them off to once every 2-3 months, or until I am tired of my hair not styling the way I try to style it because it becomes too top heavy and I can't even get a messy look anymore without looking too shaggy. I spend around $28 bucks on the haircut itself, but I also tip generously (that includes 40-50% tip) since I really like the people who cut my hair and it took me a long time to find someone I was happy with since moving.

Edited by Gladiator

Every 2 weeks but my barber gets booked pretty fast so sometimes it’s 3 weeks 

~$45 

Every 2 months more or less, depending, 20 Euro + beard trim.

so people who go 6 weeks or even months without a haircut... is you hair not long af? i feel like if i go 5 weeks i'm already pushing it and my hair is wayyy longer than i want it. can't imagine doing 3 months :deadbanana: i'd probably have a bob by that time lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.