Which Bey era made you a fan/stan?

satellites.™

Which Bey era made you a fan/stan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which era got your attention to become a fan/stan?

• Destiny's Child [Platinum]
    • The Writing's On The Wall [8x platinum]
    • Survivor [4x platinum]
    • Destiny Fulfilled [3x platinum]
    • Dangerously In Love [6x platinum]
    • B'Day [5x platinum]
    • I Am... Sasha Fierce [6x platinum]
    • 4 [4x platinum]
    • Beyoncé [5x platinum]
    • Lemonade [3x platinum]
    • RENAISSANCE [2x platinum so far...]
    • Other: Dreamgirls, Cadillac Records, 8 Days of Christmas, This Is The Remix, The Lion King: The Gift, Everything Is Love

Sound off.

When did the legendary mother Beyoncé gag you for the first time?

FY3lZpvWAAAx0bh.jpg:large

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soda Pop Queen

• JaXXXon

• bijonse

• Vixen Eyes

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

B’day! 
I love all her album tho (although I rarely listen to IASF nowadays)

Was a casual listener and never really listened to a Beyonce album til Renaissance. First time I heard it I couldn't finish it. I came back to it a few months later and was obsessed.

I went back and listened to some of her older stuff. I was shocked at how good B'Day was and how I'd never heard any of the songs before other than Beautiful Liar or Irreplaceable. It's so crazy to me that Irreplaceable was the big hit when it's maybe the weakest of the singles. Green Light, Deja Vu and Ring The Alarm are all excellent.

• Like 2

4 / Run the World ( Girls ). Bey served out of this world choreo/performances and I love choreos :clap3:

Survivor made 4 year old me a fan

Destiny Fulfilled was when I knew she’d be someone I loved forever, started keeping up with everything she did from then etc (was still a little kid really)

4 solidified her as my undeniable #1 mainstream artist no one else could touch

:heart:

I enjoyed watching her make a bunch of online Stan’s fume with rage during the Bday era, and the music before that happened to be awesome. 

Almost 20 years later and little has changed! 

I was always a big fan of her music, but I think I’ve started to really connect with her and became very Inspired by her as an artist and person around the 4 era. 

Edited by Kh-Loud

DIL... my gay ass had this poster in my room when I was 7

image_ecfdb60a-3232-4449-b13a-e68c46e4cc 

• Like 2

Single Ladies, Video Phone extended remix, Diva, Halo, If I Were a Boy and the full album had a chokehold on me when i was 9 :gaycat:

but in 2014-ish after self-titled platinum edition came out, i stopped being a fan. idk why i just.... stopped?

ill bop from time to time tho. (i also did not like Lemonade or anything after it)

I remember being a kid and seeing DC's No No No video and being like "ok" and then while still a kid seeing her Survivor video and liking it way better. Then as a teenager I saw her in concert (BDay era) and was floored. In school I'd tell people about her and they'd be like "eww, Beyoncé" and she had little acclaim back then. And now, she's seen as music royalty. How 2013 changed it for her. 

Edited by JaXXXon
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PinkLamborghini said:

Been stanning her since Destiny's Child's debut tbh

lol I was waiting for someone to say DC debut or Writing's on the Wall. Didn't want to be the only old hag here lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

Single Ladies, Video Phone extended remix, Diva, Halo, If I Were a Boy and the full album had a chokehold on me when i was 9 :gaycat:

but in 2014-ish after self-titled platinum edition came out, i stopped being a fan. idk why i just.... stopped?

ill bop from time to time tho. (i also did not like Lemonade or anything after it)

Kinda explains why her sales never reached IASF heights anymore because she became much less commercial but gained newer, more acquired-taste fans. Perhaps her new style didn't work for you like it didn't work for millions of others :michael:

• Like 1

2014. Some what before lemonade and after st. I became obsessed with her after watching her live performances. I love when and an artist is an amazing performer. 

2 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

I remember being a kid and seeing DC's No No No video and being like "ok" and then while still a kid seeing her Survivor video and liking it way better. Then as a teenager I saw her in concert (BDay era) and was floored. In school I'd tell people about her and they'd be like "eww, Beyoncé" and she had little acclaim back then. And now, she's seen as music royalty. How 2013 changed it for her. 

2013 definitely changed certain critics perception of her but I think it was initially 2003 that changed the public's perception of her. Before, if you weren't into girl groups then she was wrote off, especially in the midst of the line-up change. She was seen as just a pushy little divette-in-training but then she went solo and proved her talent and that she wanted to stick around so more people started warming up to her. 

I liked seeing the Destiny's Child debut era videos of course, especially the underrated With Me, but then everything just leveled up in 1999 and I became obsessed when I saw Bills, Bills, Bills video. The video resonated with me as a little girl because it was something so fantastical and familiar to me. My mother, like Ms. Celestine, was also a hairdresser so I was used to being in beauty salons but this salon in the video looked so futuristic. I still remember how my aunt snuck and bought me The Writing's On The Wall CD. She had to sneak because I was on punishment for acting up at school and mama said she wouldn't buy it for me. Bless you Aunt Betty lol.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

2013 definitely changed certain critics perception of her but I think it was initially 2003 that changed the public's perception of her. Before, if you weren't into girl groups then she was wrote off, especially in the midst of the line-up change. She was seen as just a pushy little divette-in-training but then she went solo and proved her talent and that she wanted to stick around so more people started warming up to her. 

Yeah but she was still "just" a pop girl until 2013 when she became much more. She was suddenly a Goddess almost. You can't deny that. 

I loved DC music and I liked her earlier work but Self Titled made me a stan. 

Bday era. That BET awards performance really made me take notice, I was captivated after that.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.