Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

35 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

im a bit confused about her releasing in the middle of november but in duallah we trust

Maybe she is coming for Kelly's 97-1 record. Imagine a #100 debut only to jump to number #1 the following week. 

dckBfSm.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

There is so much going on in the production and instrumentation it’s crazy, I love the little dramatic drumroll that happens throughout the song

• Like 1

OMG!!!!!!!! DUA MOTHER ******* LIPA!!!!!!

:WAP:  :WAP:  :WAP:

Im late but Im here!!! soooo I was ready but i had something important by the time of the realease, then finally i Listen to the song at my car I was driving, I was like ok this is very catchy & cute..... as soon as I get home I ran to watch the video! :duca:  DAMN! 1st she looked hot with that red hair!! :flame:

The video is so simple but it sells perfectly the song, I honestly love it, it made me even like more the song

SHE IS BACK!!!

• Like 1

Things I really LOVE about the video:

- The whole cute little entrance feels kinda she's entering a new era as she should

- Her image on the mirror dancing differently

- Everyone with red hair

- The constant mirror play

- The all guys in the video (find it aesthetic somehow, and also, if rappers have naked girls on their videos... I enjoyed this here)

- Her curve poses showing the beautiful "shirt" she has

- When they are all holding her and then hiding her slowly - AWESOME

- Her manic movements in the end that really show how perfect this hair is

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, collin said:

This reminds me of Applause more than Perfect Illusion.

Coming off of unstoppable world domination and releasing a middling song and middling visual.

No offense, but Applause song and mv were way more explosive and exciting. Comparing Houdini to that does it no favors.

Go back and watch Applause, we took it for granted 

• Like 3

This is definitely a very good song. It's not instant and I don't see the GP eating this up, but this is fire!!! 

Tobias message for Dua on his insta :cries: Calling this project “one of my favourite periods of writing I’ve ever experienced as a songwriter”

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan of Dua's past lead singles, but this one clicked instantly with me. Love the fact that she took a risk and experimented with her sound.

20 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Sorry love dua but

this mv gave me pepsi ad energy

i wanted it to go somewhere and it didn’t, just bored me. also if you wanna wear the same one outfit for the whole thing, then at least make it iconic and memorable? It was not giving

cute song tho

8PVdkFC.png

We love a cunty pepsi ad bop though, Bey's Grown Woman also served this!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

the song is good but there’s some real gaslighting going on in this thread lmfao, especially when the song leaked in full

like yeah, it is different from the FN sound but not by that much. this could easily have fit in that era and it wouldn’t have been that out of place

again, the song is pretty good but pretending that it’s a radical new sound is just :rip: 

Who said it's a big change? Lol. I would say it's just FN but very re-fined w/ a touch of Tame Impala's psychedelic pop. Add some dark Berlin nightclub energy and you get Houdini. This sounds like FN turned up to the most polished/expensive degree. 

• Like 1

After a few more listens, idk why some people said this was "risky." It's a little bit noisy but it's a BIG earworm and really fits into Pop Radio.:turkey: 

the chorus and the bridge...god it's amazing, :jonny5: 

10/10 Miss Lipa. 

• Like 1

I like it!!!! the second half of the song to the end definitely is great, love the progression…also love the vibe of the video at the end. 

but yeah def get why ppl are saying GP may not eat it up instantly, it will be hard, let’s see tho! 

Oh GAG she actually confirmed to iheart that there is a psychedelic through line in the rest of the album and that they are really prevalent :jonny5:

25 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Maybe she is coming for Kelly's 97-1 record. Imagine a #100 debut only to jump to number #1 the following week. 

dckBfSm.gif

Let’s shoot for Top 10 first.

10 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

Wait, why are they releasing this on a Thursday?

americans being americans

self obsessed 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

This song is gonna absolutely smash. I don’t understand how anyone thinks this is risky. It is one of the catchiest pop songs in recent memory. People are gonna eat it up

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.