Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

The video is also a complete GROWER. It's amazing

I just wish I could move on from the fact that there's nothing magic about it to enjoy it even more :jonny5:

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

Video seems very rushed indeed. But makes sense since the lead was changed. following the trend of having boring videos for the lead @Cain

but the song is cool. Wanted more of a punch at the final chorus but it’s fun. Definitely easy to listen to and good

QueenofCopyPaste

VERY OVERWHELMING POSITIVE RESPONSE from ATRL

:dancehall2:

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

Yeah the video didn’t sell me at all but this is easily in top 5 songs of the year

spacer.png

she could easily film a dif music video and just call this a "dance video" :hippo: 

spacer.png

With gutsy girls in the industry, it’s such a gag to me that people think this isn’t at least a step away from the FN sound cause like… this wouldn’t have fit on anything FN related except maybe a random Blessed Madonna EP

• Like 1

Good production, the second chorus is infectious. The lyrics are a bit repetitive, but it's another good effort from Ms. Lipa.

I like it much more than Dance the Night, which was fine but nothing special.

This reminds me of Applause more than Perfect Illusion.

Coming off of unstoppable world domination and releasing a middling song and middling visual.

i like it. it's catchy enough and the production is crisp. i don't get why people say her sound is running stale or that houdini is 'disco'. i don't think every retro-sounding song is disco.

another hit for ms lipa i fear, excited for the album now.

wait this came out 2 hours ago? :deadbanana4:

The Hung Up and Thriller references. Whew. Queen and King of Pop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Slayne said:

i like it. it's catchy enough and the production is crisp. i don't get why people say her sound is running stale or that houdini is 'disco'. i don't think every retro-sounding song is disco.

another hit for ms lipa i fear, excited for the album now.

All the genre descriptor votes on RateYourMusic include disco. It is definitely a disco track. A different angle from FN’s flavor but it still is within that frame.

the way she says houdini :jonny5:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheers said:

The Hung Up and Thriller references. Whew. Queen and King of Pop.

the female Madonna :WAP:

• Like 1

Sorry love dua but

this mv gave me pepsi ad energy

i wanted it to go somewhere and it didn’t, just bored me. also if you wanna wear the same one outfit for the whole thing, then at least make it iconic and memorable? It was not giving

cute song tho

8PVdkFC.png

Just now, collin said:

All the genre descriptor votes on RateYourMusic include disco. It is definitely a disco track. A different angle from FN’s flavor but it still is within that frame.

that's fine. i personally don't hear it, but i agree with you that is definitely different from FN and Dance The Night 

...So, the video. The idea is good, but if she's the one who "goes Houdini," why is it that her dancers are the ones who keep disappearing?

The best shot was in the first half where her reflection does different choreography.

POP PERFECTION I can’t stop streaming, Lipsters

4 minutes ago, collin said:

All this tells me is that RYM voters lack ears and genre distinction

But it’s nice to know Dua has a stranglehold on an entire genre without even releasing a song from that genre. We love BRANDING and INFLUENCE, not everybody has that :clap3:

Edited by Relampago.
  • Haha 2

the song is good but there’s some real gaslighting going on in this thread lmfao, especially when the song leaked in full

like yeah, it is different from the FN sound but not by that much. this could easily have fit in that era and it wouldn’t have been that out of place

again, the song is pretty good but pretending that it’s a radical new sound is just :rip: 

I thought the music video was cute for what it is, and the individual choreography felt fun. I agree with some of the criticism saying it's a bit boring, but I enjoyed it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.