is hooking up with someone else during the talking stage cheating?

Asscatchem

is hooking up with someone else during the talking stage cheating?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. is hooking up with someone else during the talking stage cheating?

• Yes, it would hurt your potential partner if you're serious about a relationship with them
    • No, you're not official yet

if you only met someone youre interested in twice but see big potential to foster a relationship with but some himbo you dont want to be romantically involved with presents you with an opportunity is it cheating?

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asscatchem

• Funnyfatty

• John Slayne

• The Man Who

Um unless we VERBALLY agree that we're official, I'm free to **** with whoever I want and he is as well.

I'm annoyed at people who conflate dating with FWBs or situationships. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Nope

Until you don’t have that conversation you are nothing more than people who know each other

1 minute ago, Pendulum said:

I'm annoyed at people who conflate dating with FWBs or situationships. 

i mean i think he's really cute and i secretly caught him having me pinned on his whatsapp ajdkslf;

weve been texting long distance (surprisingly) for months and it may be official in like 2 more dates

Well ATRL user Asscatchem, no :giraffe:

Unless there has been a verbal commitment, or you two are official, then no! Just practice safe sex! But at least you’re asking, that shows you have a conscience and that is refreshing on ATRL.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Nah you’re not official yet, go get your cheeks clapped :heart2:

:skull:

This is a great question tbh. If you’ve established with the person that you’re talking to that you’re interested in dating eventually then why do you feel the need to hook up with other people? It’s not cheating but it sets the precedent that maybe you’re not ready to be fully committed to someone, and there’s nothing wrong with that of course.

• Like 10

I wouldn't say it's cheating as you're still not official. But are you really into that person if you're already thinking about someone else, especially in that phase when it's suppose to be all new and exciting? 

• Thanks 2

If your not in a relationship with someone, then your not in a relationship. 

• Like 2

i don’t think so no, but i think the other person would be valid in being disappointed and not pursue the relationship further 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

This is a great question tbh. If you’ve established with the person that you’re talking to that you’re interested in dating eventually then why do you feel the need to hook up with other people? It’s not cheating but it sets the precedent that maybe you’re not ready to be fully committed to someone, and there’s nothing wrong with that of course.

1 minute ago, POPTART said:

I wouldn't say it's cheating as you're still not official. But are you really into that person if you're already thinking about someone else, especially in that phase when it's suppose to be all new and exciting? 

i dont even know if he's a top or a bottom :marshmallow:

but tbh i dont really care, his face is super cute, were both athletic (he's in a team sport), and he's really bright and smart and convos are somewhat stimulating

If you’ve established you want to be exclusive while dating, then yea, it’s bad. If not… well I guess it depends on the person. If you’re too horny and can’t keep it in your pants more than 5 minutes, then you do you babe. But I’d assume you have sex as well if you’re dating and if it was that good, it wouldn’t make you want someone else… 

• Like 1

no .. If it's not official.  

though I got caught out when I was crashing at my ex's place while I talking with my crush .. but to be fair we haven't even kissed yet so he shouldn't even gotten mad about it.

It's not cheating, but I do think it might damage your future relationship. I personally wouldn't do it. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.