• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D.Va

• Assassin

• stjosephprey4us

• BOOMBAYAH

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

he's so hot but he needs to do something with that crimson chin... 

23 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Isn’t he married to a whole man, or am I confusing him with someone?

:clack:

Yo are thinking of Taylor Zakhar Perez,

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Yo are thinking of Taylor Zakhar Perez,

Taylor isn't gay ?

The discourse here oversimplify matters, these kinds of topics usually have more layers. Those calling it "not deep" seem a bit narrow-minded, and those calling him out are heading in the right direction but missing the bigger picture.

This is just my take, but Jacob Elordi gives off vibes of being quite self-serving and ambitious. I'm pretty sure he said this with the intention of getting attention on social media, maybe to be praised for not conforming to "toxic masculinity." It's interesting, considering the rumours about him cheating on both Joey King and Zendaya. That's why I think it might be a bit of an act or a persona that doesn't align entirely with who he really is. I "get" it, though - Hollywood's all about projecting an image, and even we do to. It's like when people pretend to be woke when dating ("I don't have a type, I'll date anyone with a great personality") but you look at their dating history and it is very clear they are only attracted to, let's say, white men with toned physiques, but it would be taboo to say "My type is conventionally attractive white men with hot bodies." Maybe it's cognitive dissonance? But at the end of the day, it's about projecting a desirable, and acceptable public persona. Anyway, back to the topic: despite all this, I do think it is crucial in the media to have straight men who are secure in their sexuality and can express themselves openly, including aspects like being feminine or flamboyant, being open about their sexual journeys, their sartorial choices not being "conventional" i.e. wearing attire that might not be considered "menswear", and just breaking away from traditional masculinity in general. Because the more normal it becomes for them, the less taboo it'll be for everyone else. Essentially, the idea is that "acceptance of femininity, queerness, and flamboyance in men equals less animosity towards gay men." It's a strategic move. A means to an end. Even if straight men like Jacob are using it for validation and attention, achieving equality and freedom requires their acceptance of us because, unfortunately, straight men hold considerable influence.

As @Saintlor pointed out, there's a more pessimistic side to this. Straight men (and some self-hating gay men) might not genuinely become more accepting of gay men. Instead, straight men will adjust the dynamic slightly to make elements of femininity and queerness acceptable for themselves while still stigmatizing gay men. It's like they're okay with a playful version of it ("no homo," "we're still gonna get with girls after this it's cool," "I'm comfortable in my sexuality, but don't bring that gay sh*t around me"), but when it comes to actual gay men, suddenly it's not a game anymore. This is evident, especially in arenas like sports, where straight men are seen as the embodiment of "masculinity," yet engage in behaviour that's quite queer, like playful romantic gestures or even groping each other. The label of "straight" seems to give them a pass for these actions. When you're a real gay man, though, there's a tangible threat, not just playfulness.

GettyImages-1245363548.jpg

3503547-71418108-2560-1440.jpg

It (Jacob Elordi-esque celebrities) might also be performative, a current trend, the "cool" thing. This poses a danger because if toxic masculinity becomes "acceptable" again (which, let's be honest, it still kind of is), those straight men using it for likes and virality won't stick around. They're not genuine allies. That's why, as Saintlor rightly pointed out, it's crucial to scrutinize these performances. If being "curious" and "open" is just a passing trend, it won't contribute to long-term progress. When we need them, they won't be around. We saw this when most of the celebrity "gay allies" did not speak out for transpeople and drag queens when they were under constant media attack. 

In the grand scheme of things, it boils down to tackling both these issues head-on. We need to point out the double standard, ensuring that straight men don't get a free pass. At the same time, let's foster a culture where every man can embrace and express his true self. In my case, it's not so much about advocating "for straight men" but for the queer community. It might sound selfish, but life tends to be that way. By normalizing this for straight men, it becomes a key for gay men and the broader queer community to be acknowledged as individuals, securing our rights and getting a step closer to complete freedom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

The discourse here oversimplify matters, these kinds of topics usually have more layers. Those calling it "not deep" seem a bit narrow-minded, and those calling him out are heading in the right direction but missing the bigger picture.

This is just my take, but Jacob Elordi gives off vibes of being quite self-serving and ambitious. I'm pretty sure he said this with the intention of getting attention on social media, maybe to be praised for not conforming to "toxic masculinity." It's interesting, considering the rumours about him cheating on both Joey King and Zendaya. That's why I think it might be a bit of an act or a persona that doesn't align entirely with who he really is. I "get" it, though - Hollywood's all about projecting an image, and even we do to. It's like when people pretend to be woke when dating ("I don't have a type, I'll date anyone with a great personality") but you look at their dating history and it is very clear they are only attracted to, let's say, white men with toned physiques, but it would be taboo to say "My type is conventionally attractive white men with hot bodies." Maybe it's cognitive dissonance? But at the end of the day, it's about projecting a desirable, and acceptable public persona. Anyway, back to the topic: despite all this, I do think it is crucial in the media to have straight men who are secure in their sexuality and can express themselves openly, including aspects like being feminine or flamboyant, being open about their sexual journeys, their sartorial choices not being "conventional" i.e. wearing attire that might not be considered "menswear", and just breaking away from traditional masculinity in general. Because the more normal it becomes for them, the less taboo it'll be for everyone else. Essentially, the idea is that "acceptance of femininity, queerness, and flamboyance in men equals less animosity towards gay men." It's a strategic move. A means to an end. Even if straight men like Jacob are using it for validation and attention, achieving equality and freedom requires their acceptance of us because, unfortunately, straight men hold considerable influence.

As @Saintlor pointed out, there's a more pessimistic side to this. Straight men (and some self-hating gay men) might not genuinely become more accepting of gay men. Instead, straight men will adjust the dynamic slightly to make elements of femininity and queerness acceptable for themselves while still stigmatizing gay men. It's like they're okay with a playful version of it ("no homo," "we're still gonna get with girls after this it's cool," "I'm comfortable in my sexuality, but don't bring that gay sh*t around me"), but when it comes to actual gay men, suddenly it's not a game anymore. This is evident, especially in arenas like sports, where straight men are seen as the embodiment of "masculinity," yet engage in behaviour that's quite queer, like playful romantic gestures or even groping each other. The label of "straight" seems to give them a pass for these actions. When you're a real gay man, though, there's a tangible threat, not just playfulness.

GettyImages-1245363548.jpg

3503547-71418108-2560-1440.jpg

It (Jacob Elordi-esque celebrities) might also be performative, a current trend, the "cool" thing. This poses a danger because if toxic masculinity becomes "acceptable" again (which, let's be honest, it still kind of is), those straight men using it for likes and virality won't stick around. They're not genuine allies. That's why, as Saintlor rightly pointed out, it's crucial to scrutinize these performances. If being "curious" and "open" is just a passing trend, it won't contribute to long-term progress. When we need them, they won't be around. We saw this when most of the celebrity "gay allies" did not speak out for transpeople and drag queens when they were under constant media attack. 

In the grand scheme of things, it boils down to tackling both these issues head-on. We need to point out the double standard, ensuring that straight men don't get a free pass. At the same time, let's foster a culture where every man can embrace and express his true self. In my case, it's not so much about advocating "for straight men" but for the queer community. It might sound selfish, but life tends to be that way. By normalizing this for straight men, it becomes a key for gay men and the broader queer community to be acknowledged as individuals, securing our rights and getting a step closer to complete freedom.

Not reading all that, but that second pic… :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Not reading all that, but that second pic… :WAP:

No worries, I guess this might be OTP for ATRL. I'll aim for simpler phrasing next time for an easier read on your end.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, D.Va said:

Taylor isn't gay ?

He's heavily rumored/caught hiding that he's married to a guy. 

jaZ1PdfH_400x400.jpg

How would you prefer Timothy Chalmet’s face over his :rip: You guys need glasses

53 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

How would you prefer Timothy Chalmet’s face over his :rip: You guys need glasses

you didn't understand what I said sis

1 hour ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

He's heavily rumored/caught hiding that he's married to a guy. 

jaZ1PdfH_400x400.jpg

WAIT WHAT SDFGTHYUJIKLKJUHYGT ????!!!??

:WAP:

a red eye is coffee with espresso

an americano with espresso is just an americano

dummy

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

This trend of straight guys trying to act like they’re down for the rainbow swirl needs to stop

:suburban:

agreed. enough is enough!  :suburban:

5 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Jen Aniston is shaking 

new thread title "Angelina Jolie SEETHES as Jen, Brad and Jacob have steamy threesome post Fallon interview..."I felt BETRAYED!""

So what, he had a crush on a guy? let him. gay men find women attractive all the time and straight women crush on other women too. It’s human nature.

Gays getting bent out of shape and trying to label everything as queerbaiting or taking issue whenever men are comfortable with their sexuality (if Jacob even publicly identifies as straight??? I barely know who this person is idk) and can say things like this is so backwards and exhausting. Imagine being this insufferable over someone answering a question :rip:

Edited by Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It isn’t really that deep LMAO

Besides, it isn’t uncommon for people when they’re young to crush outside of their actual orientation. When I was younger, I had crushes on a few females and yet here I am, a gay man. 

Not everything is “queer baiting” (we won’t get into how stupid a concept that is) or pandering, sometimes a statement is just a statement. 

Why are gays calling women "females" now? Let's leave that for incels

He is the definition of a guy who's hot because of his face because if you put that height/body on Timothée Chalamet's face he would look average af

With that being said...

He is so hot :WAP:

8 hours ago, D.Va said:

you put that face on Timothée Chalamet's

why would you when Timmy himself is already mid af

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.