Devin

Artists  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Most Classics?

• Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Katy Perry

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

And weekly peaks have no meaning in the streaming era otherwise Willow is as big as I Know You Were Trouble 

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this? But using weekly peaks IKYWT was way bigger than Willow

IKYWT:

Weekly charts performance for "I Knew You Were Trouble"
Chart (2012–2013) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[120] 3
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[64] 6
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[69] 10
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[121] 32
Brazil (Billboard Brasil Hot 100)[122] 24
Bulgaria (IFPI)[123] 29
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[124] 2
Canada AC (Billboard)[125] 5
Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)[126] 1
Canada Hot AC (Billboard)[127] 1
CIS (TopHit)[66] 8
Croatia (HRT)[128] 1
Czech Republic (Rádio – Top 100)[60] 1
Denmark (Tracklisten)[61] 3
Euro Digital Song Sales (Billboard)[129] 3
Finland Download (Latauslista)[70] 10
France (SNEP)[130] 14
Germany (Official German Charts)[68] 9
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)[131] 13
Ireland (IRMA)[62] 4
Israel (Media Forest)[132] 2
Japan (Japan Hot 100)[133] 51
Lebanon (Lebanese Top 20)[134] 3
Luxembourg Digital Song Sales (Billboard)[135] 6
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[136] 19
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[137] 27
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[138] 3
Poland (Polish Airplay Top 100)[63] 5
Russia Airplay (TopHit)[65] 6
Scotland (OCC)[139] 2
Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)[140] 17
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[141] 17
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[142] 37
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[67] 8
Turkey (Number One Top 20)[143] 6
UK Singles (OCC)[73] 2
Ukraine Airplay (TopHit)[144] 44
US Billboard Hot 100[145]

Willow:

Australia (ARIA)[76] 1
Australia Country Hot 50 (TMN)[77] 48
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[78] 30
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[79] 40
Belgium (Ultratip Bubbling Under Wallonia)[80] 1
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[81] 1
Canada AC (Billboard)[82] 9
Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)[83] 27
Canada Hot AC (Billboard)[84] 7
Croatia (HRT)[85] 4
Croatia Songs (Billboard)[86] 9
Czech Republic (Singles Digitál Top 100)[87] 54
Euro Digital Song Sales (Billboard)[88] 7
France (SNEP)[89] 111
Germany (Official German Charts)[90] 46
Global 200 (Billboard)[91] 2
Greece International (IFPI)[92] 20
Hungary (Single Top 40)[93] 9
Iceland (Plötutíðindi)[94] 37
Ireland (IRMA)[95] 3
Italy (FIMI)[96] 70
Lebanon (OLT20)[97] 16
Lithuania (AGATA)[98] 25
Malaysia (RIM)[99] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[100] 30
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[101] 49
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[42] 3
Portugal (AFP)[102] 20
Singapore (RIAS)[103] 1
Slovakia (Singles Digitál Top 100)[104] 50
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[105] 67
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[106] 21
UK Singles (OCC)[107] 3
US Billboard Hot 100[108] 1

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

@FolkLover1989

Is the back and forth really that necessary sis when the clear answer is Rih. The artist with the 2nd most #1 singles WW after Madonna.

:rip:

Then again…

Maybe I need to read on from the first page at least because perhaps there’s a reason why you’re arguing. 

Hold on. 

10 minutes ago, lonnie said:

No offense, but Rihanna songs generally have always had more and higher placements worldwide than Taylor's. And that's why FFS for instance can top charts in like ten countries and it was deemed an underperformance while the same result from Taylor would be deemed a great success. Streaming or no streaming. Also I doubt streaming had as much points in 2015 as it does in 2023.

Spotify 

FourFiveSeconds - 1,036,909,179 (+322,898) 

Style - 990,315,628 (+2,276,641) 

Youtube 

FourFiveSeconds - 525,441,344

Style - 806,209,032

Digital Sales 

FourFiveSeconds - 4.15M

Style - 3.31M 

This is why peaks mean nothing :rip:

• Thanks 1

Rhi >Katy >Tay

Rhi has numerous hits and classics

Katy has numerous hits and several classics 

Tay has album and tour sales, no classics

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Spotify 

FourFiveSeconds - 1,036,909,179 (+322,898) 

Style - 990,315,628 (+2,276,641) 

Youtube 

FourFiveSeconds - 525,441,344

Style - 806,209,032

Digital Sales 

FourFiveSeconds - 4.15M

Style - 3.31M 

This is why peaks mean nothing :rip:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't FFS leading (cumulatively) in 2/3 of these. Literally all Style has over it is YouTube views :deadbanana4:

Like thanks for confirming FFS sold more and has more streams (for now) :deadbanana4:

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't FFS leading (cumulatively) in 2/3 of these. Literally all Style has over it is YouTube views :deadbanana4:

Like thanks for confirming FFS sold more and has more streams (for now) :deadbanana4:

Style will surpass on Spotify (they basically have 46M gap) in 24 days and will only widen the gap daily by 2M and has almost 300M more on Youtube so... can you explain how exactly FFS is bigger or shaping up to become a bigger classic? :rip:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Style will surpass on Spotify (they basically have 46M gap) in 24 days and will only widen the gap daily by 2M and has almost 300M more on Youtube so... can you explain how exactly FFS is bigger or shaping up to become a bigger classic? :rip:

I don't think that either FFS nor Style are classics, but maybe you shouldn't have shown that FFS already has the lead and sold more if you wanted to show that Style is the bigger classic :rip:

You could have easily just stuck to the daily streams to help with the propaganda :laugh:

• Like 1

Based on Swifties logic you would think she has more classics than Micheal Jackson and The Beatles :rip:

Delusion truly knows no boundaries 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

I don't think that either FFS nor Style are classics, but maybe you shouldn't have shown that FFS already has the lead and sold more if you wanted to show that Style is the bigger classic :rip:

You could have easily just stuck to the daily streams to help with the propaganda :laugh:

Are you seriously saying that a song with 1.036B streams and 300k daily is bigger than a song with 1B streams and 2M daily? Cmon Lonnie you can do better :rip:

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Are you seriously saying that a song with 1.036B streams and 300k daily is bigger than a song with 1B streams and 2M daily? Cmon Lonnie you can do better :rip:

No, I am saying that neither of those songs are classics. I know that Style is currently doing better than FFS and have no qualms admitting to that.

• Like 1

Rihanna

umbrella

we found love

Taylor

love story

ybwm

Katy

firework

7 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Like…

The fact remains that “45S” in itself still has over 1B streams despite not being one of Rihanna’s premier classics, but it’s obviously popular and remembered enough to have warranted that many streams in the first place despite the fact that she hasn’t acknowledged it since 2015. 

Neither “Style” or “45S” are classics, so to speak, so I don’t understand the random argument they’re bringing forth.

Congrats. to Swift, I guess.

:deadbanana:

• Like 2

No, I am saying that neither of those songs are classics. I know that Style is currently doing better than FFS and have no qualms admitting to that.

I didn’t claim that any of them are classics either. I pointed out that despite what chart peaks say, Style is the bigger song as we can see by the numbers and that's why chart peaks don't represent any songs' full performance. They are useless in the streaming era. Just another example about that 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Blame_Me_(Taylor_Swift_song)

a 1 Billion streamed song by early next year with those chart peaks 

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

This is a thread about hitmakers. Taylor turned cardigan into a hit (by any objective metric). It has twice the daily streams of both Only Girl and LOTB. For that matter, Taylor is a hitmaker who would've turned both Only Girl and LOTB into hits. Let's talk about what would have happened if Rihanna released Cardigan as her lead single :eek:

Taylor would have to be able to sing Love On The Brain in the first place 

Actually she can’t pull off the chorus of Only Girl either…

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Style and WD are more recognizable than most of the Rihanna songs here

The Eurocentric and biased list lol

Nobody is denying Taylor has the biggest fanbase? It's clear from her touring stats. Style & WD are nowhere near any of the Rihanna hits I mentioned. I'm not really a massive stan of any of the artists mentioned so don't see how it's biased. You just don't like my opinion and that's ok. But it doesn't mean it's not true.

Some of you Swifties are delusional.

Edited by babycomeround
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I didn’t claim that any of them are classics either. I pointed out that despite what chart peaks say, Style is the bigger song as we can see by the numbers and that's why chart peaks don't represent any songs' full performance. They are useless in the streaming era. Just another example about that 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Blame_Me_(Taylor_Swift_song)

a 1 Billion streamed song by early next year with those chart peaks 

I am aware of all this, but peaks still are a factor of success. You and I know both know this. Don't Blame Me surpassing 1B streams won't make it bigger than You Belong With Me. It will mean it became popular over time and randomly, but YBWM will still be bigger.

• Like 2

What Swifties are failing to realize is that despite Taylor songs going viral and having amazing streams nowadays thanks to her repeak, that doesn’t change the fact that those songs were not hits / were not that big. They were not played over the radio, in the clubs etc and therefore they’re not familiar with the actual GP.

or are we really supposed to believe that Don’t Blame Me is more familiar to the casual listener than huge hits like S&M lmao 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am aware of all this, but peaks still are a factor of success. You and I know both know this. Don't Blame Me surpassing 1B streams won't make it bigger than You Belong With Me. It will mean it became popular over time and randomly, but YBWM will still be bigger.

Because YBWM will have more units overall (and it is doing on par with DBM daily anyway). 

But it will be enough to make it bigger than songs with 500M streams and 3M digital sales for example. 

1 minute ago, Mark Rih said:

What Swifties are failing to realize is that despite Taylor songs going viral and having amazing streams nowadays thanks to her repeak, that doesn’t change the fact that those songs were not hits / were not that big. They were not played over the radio, in the clubs etc and therefore they’re not familiar with the actual GP.

A song with 2B streams is not a hit to GP because they were not playing it in my local gay bar in Estonia 

:ryan3:

• Like 1

Rihanna with Taylor surpassing Katy thanks to anti hero and cruel summer. 

20 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

A song with 2B streams is not a hit to GP because they were not playing it in my local gay bar in Estonia 

I’m sorry you were not able to hear it. I know Swifties in other counties organized special club nights to finally get her music playing in a club, maybe you can try that in Estonia too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.