• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

4 hours ago, Finkypop said:

Love Story, You Belong With Me, I Knew You Were Trouble, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Shake It Off, Blank Space, Wildest Dreams, Style, Look What You Made Me Do, Lover - among more that I haven’t named. Anti Hero and Cruel Summer are also instant classics 

:ryan3:

4 hours ago, Finkypop said:

You’re very welcome. Lover (one of the songs you bolded) is a bigger classic than any Beyoncé song, for example. Hope this clears things up! 

3 hours ago, Finkypop said:

Can you name the Beyoncé songs that are bigger classics than Lover? I’m interested 

:suburban:

Why am I even arguing with Swifties :deadbanana2:?

What I said in the first pages has been said over and over again by other members. Don't you think that you might be wrong on this special topic and stop with the embarassing bad faith ? :deadbanana2:

It's okay,you cant have it ALL Swifties :biblionana:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Because YBWM will have more units overall (and it is doing on par with DBM daily anyway). 

But it will be enough to make it bigger than songs with 500M streams and 3M digital sales for example. 

A song with 2B streams is not a hit to GP because they were not playing it in my local gay bar in Estonia 

Ya’ll love to bring up these random European countries and for what reason? What does Estonia have to do with anything? 

Where TF are you from?

Actually, don’t bother answering because you’ve said it before so I’ll just leave it alone. 

:rip:

43 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Why am I even arguing with Swifties :deadbanana2:?

What I said in the first pages has been said over and over again by other members. Don't you think that you might be wrong on this special topic and stop with the embarassing bad faith ? :deadbanana2:

It's okay,you cant have it ALL Swifties :biblionana:

Sis. Don’t even bother. It’s the same three/four Swifties arguing back and forth in every thread including the one above. 

Remember the days when debating them was actually interesting?

:rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rihanna has so many hits it's even hard to choose what songs she should've or shouldn't have performed at her Super Bowl. 

Katy has a few as well. 

Ask the GP outside of the US about Taylor's songs and for the most part they'll name Shake It Off or Blank Space. Just like someone else mentioned here she's more in line with Beyoncé in that she has few very known songs (Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, Halo) and then she has many many songs that her fanbase knows every word to aka. cult classics. 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Axelios said:

It's even more impressive than that, WANEGBT was #28 in 2012 Japan year end top 100, #16 in 2013, #52 in 2014 and #49 in 2015 :jonny:

It also performed really well in South Korea which is one of Taylor weakest Asian markets.

WANEGBT + IKYWT have more certified units than Katy and Rihanna do combined in Japan, which btw is the largest non US market :hoetenks:I wish I was making this up

Edited by KOMH

3 hours ago, lonnie said:

You're putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say that it was only Taylor's following responsible for a future 1B streamed song. In fact I reiterated in several posts about it not being the only factor, but a factor nonetheless. Using Spotify streams as the only measure for what constitutes a classic when streams can be affected by songs going viral on TikTok, playlist placements or the lack thereof, differences in fanbase sizes that consume music all show that it shouldn't be the only thing considered when people talk about classics. Even if it's "solid stats" as stans claim. It's mostly a measure of current popularity which doesn't necessarily mean classic. Mind you this whole discussion was brought about by a swiftie alleging that Lover is a bigger classic than any Beyonce song simply because it currently has more streams :deadbanana4:

Which is what can directly be attributed to Taylor's albums still charting. She has a bigger playlist reach which in turn gives her albums more streams even if it's just from a couple of songs from it. 

Give that same playlist reach to any other relevant artist and see what happens. 

NOT Swifties thinking a Lover is a bigger classic than Beyoncé's Crazy In Love :ahh:

No, no, no. The Swifties are something else. 

• Haha 4

Taylor's Spotify Streams right now are 60% GP and 40% Fandom at this point. Where as Rihanna's is more so 75% GP and 25% Fandom. Still better than BTS' which was 25% GP and 75% Fandom. Lmao

Taylor. Almost all of her hits/classics are solo and not quick little features 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Dephira said:

This is a thread about hitmakers. Taylor turned cardigan into a hit (by any objective metric). It has twice the daily streams of both Only Girl and LOTB. For that matter, Taylor is a hitmaker who would've turned both Only Girl and LOTB into hits. Let's talk about what would have happened if Rihanna released Cardigan as her lead single :eek:

Maybe we should ask Calvin Harris which one of the two is better at making a hit. Seeing as he left his ex girlfriend on the couch to chase Rihanna down and get her to record TIWYCF. 

Taylor dosen’t have the vocal range to record a Best Pop Vocal Grammy Award winning song like Only Girl in The World. 

And if Rihanna dared to release something as stale and basic as Cardigan and messed up her flawless lead single run, I would personally see to it that she flopped. It’s what she would deserve, because that **** is garbage. 🤮

Well according to the swifties, Cardigan is more of a classic than IWALY because it has more recurrent streams:bibliahh:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Maybe we should ask Calvin Harris which one of the two is better at making a hit. Seeing as he left his ex girlfriend on the couch to chase Rihanna down and get her to record TIWYCF. 

Taylor dosen’t have the vocal range to record a Best Pop Vocal Grammy Award winning song like Only Girl in The World. 

And if Rihanna dared to release something as stale and basic as Cardigan and messed up her flawless lead single run, I would personally see to it that she flopped. It’s what she would deserve, because that **** is garbage. 🤮

Navy really lives in their own delusional little world cuz nobody wants Rihanna on their song for good vocals considering she always sings over an original demo to not sound weak. Sure she can make a song a hit but your take is laughable :mandown:

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, burninredhot said:

Navy really lives in their own delusional little world cuz nobody wants Rihanna on their song for good vocals considering she always sings over an original demo to not sound weak. Sure she can make a song a hit but your take is laughable :mandown:

Then why do you think literally every producer in the industry was running up to her? Because she's a nice lady? :rip:

• Thanks 1

Rihanna i think. 

1 minute ago, Ratviolo said:

Then why do you think literally every producer in the industry was running up to her? Because she's a nice lady? :rip:

As i said she can make a song a hit with her brand. But you guys talk about her as if she's giving Whitney Houston a run for her money vocally 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, burninredhot said:

As i said she can make a song a hit with her brand. But you guys talk about her as if she's giving Whitney Houston a run for her money vocally 

She's obviously not a vocalist but her tone and charisma are what truly sets her apart from anyone else

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 5:09 PM, Jaded. said:

Rihanna:

1 Pon De Replay

2 Umbrella

3 Don’t Stop the Music

4 Take a Bow

5 Disturbia

6 Rude Boy

7 Love the Way You Lie

8 Only Girl (In the World) 

9 What’s My Name?

10 S&M

11 We Found Love

12 Where Have You Been

13 Diamonds

14 Stay

15 FourFiveSeconds

16 ***** Better Have My Money

16 Work

17 Needed Me

18 Love On the Brain 

19 Wild Thoughts

Taylor Swift:

1 Teardrops On My Guitar

2 Our Song

3 Love Story

4 You Belong With Me

5 Enchanted

6 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

7 I Knew You Were Trouble

8 22

9 All Too Well

10 Shake It Off

11 Blank Space

12 Style

13 Bad Blood

14 Wildest Dreams

15 Look What You Made Me Do

16 Ready for It?

17 Delicate

18 Don’t Blame Me

19 Cruel Summer

20 Lover

21 Cardigan

22 August

23 Willow

24 Anti-Hero

Katy Perry:

1 I Kissed a Girl

2 Hot N Cold

3 California Gurls

4 Teenage Dream

5 Firework

6 Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

7 Roar

8 Dark Horse

Taylor wins. This is my perception of their classics as an American.

Key word: YOUR perception, that's the only place where enchanted, all too well, cardigan and don't blame me were hits

2 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

She's obviously not a vocalist but her tone and charisma are what truly sets her apart from anyone else

Well sure

She dosen’t have the vocal range to record a Best Pop Vocal Grammy Award winning song like Only Girl in The World. 

I was quoting this part which made me giggle a bit :mandown:

On 10/23/2023 at 6:17 PM, Feanor said:

Taylor has the most remembered ones, so her. :clap3: 

I feel like only Shake It Off, Blank Space and maybe Cruel Summer will be remembered in the long run..

…the rest are just fandom-fueled #1s

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

I feel like only Shake It Off, Blank Space and maybe Cruel Summer will be remembered in the long run..

…the rest are just fandom-fueled #1s

Ahh yes, the same old "fandom-fueled" excuses that are backed up with no sources.

If Taylor's fandom can power 13 songs to over 1M daily streams, then what support do the other artists have? It's certainly not the GP...

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

It is between Rihanna and Taylor indeed. 

But it is hilarious how people are pretending about Taylor’s hits being fandom fueled. :laugh: 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.