• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Johnson

• MidnightsAtPeace

• Michael196

• Peroxide

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how to describe it but her vocals sound very disjointed from the instrumental, the original is incredibly smooth and polished. this sounds a bit rough in comparison

the number of people in here saying it sounds the same :rip: 

Edited by shookspeare
  • Like 3

i mean sounds good like she can't do so much she has to make it sound like the old song bc people loved that one she is not going to  switch the whole thing, sounds different? kinda yeah but its okay its a re-recording is not the original duh.

Nowhere near as botched as I imagined it would be :clap3:

Let's hope this is an indicator for Style as well

:suburban:

Love the new production - it sounds much fuller and crisper. But the vocal production on the original remains superior (and I think that’s where Max Martin excels the most in) 

Sounds incredible ahhhh

I got goosebumps watching BS at the cinema yesterday

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

Don't know how to describe it but her vocals sound very disjointed from the instrumental, the original is incredibly smooth and polished. this sounds a bit rough in comparison

the number of people in here saying it sounds the same :rip: 

It’s the mixing 

original will always be the KING. This whole excercise of releasing TVs seems like a farce now. Should spend her energy on making new albums with quality 10/12 songs instead of clogging up her Spotify page with unlistenable garbage

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

Max Martin's polish on vocal production is unmatched atp. His work with Taylor and Ariana (and his one off stint with Gaga on Stupid Love) is really

amazing. 

The glaring omission of his polish is present here but I'm not too mad at it? It isn't as good as the OG but also its a snippet so idk. This song will always be one of the greatest pop tracks ever made regardless (original). 

Edited by lgaga1fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1989 said:

Hide contents

The meltdowns over new material have actually been going on since the OG Red leaked in 2012 but let me not-

Iconic. :lmao:

And I remember how some were disappointed too with Fearless (08) being more upbeat than the demo.

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Iconic. :lmao:

And I remember how some were disappointed too with Fearless (08) being more upbeat than the demo.

If there’s one thing Swifties are going to do, it’s trash anything new and then three months later switch like **** :gaycat7:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The snippet I heard was of the bridge and chorus. Sounds pretty good.

edit; I heard a longer snippet, this is really good. I was worried she would botch it but it sounds amazing.

Edited by americanlife
  • Like 1

The snippet sound as close to og as possible 

The random meltdown here for no reason. This is more than ok.

I was fine until she removed the "oooohhh" from the second hook. She can keep it

I love it. It sounds VERY close to the OG if not better. The personality and vocals are there. The instrumental is clean. I’m stunned. Some of y’all take your complaints too far 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dyktatuob said:

someone would post the original and say "here's a blank space tv snippet" and y'all would trash it lol....this literally sounds identical to the original she even nailed the "cause darling im a nightmare dressed like a daydream" part 

THANK YOU. I'm so sick of seeing everyone trash them when 90% of the TV's sound exactly the same, just with clearer instrumentation and vocals :rip:

• Like 1

Some of you guys are complaining just for the sake of it cuz it sounds great :cute:

34 minutes ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

I was fine until she removed the "oooohhh" from the second hook. She can keep it

I think the full version you heard is fake. The “oooooh” is just the first chorus edited in and repeated.

ok but where black space (live from 1988 tour sydney) (from the vault) (taylor’s version)

For those of you who aren’t feeling it, remember this is probably a highly compressed snippet compared to the lossless quality that will be available from streaming services like Apple Music on release day (and I guess whatever Spotify’s highest quality is). Might be enough to significantly change how it sounds to you on release.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.