The Veronicas - 'Gothic Summer'

teenagecraze

ok I take that back the Kerser song is the best on the EP .. I relate to lyrics so much :weeps:Β  just wish they got like 360 in the songΒ 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alldeezy

• JoeAg

• Sky Engineer

• Ampersand13

3 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

I also want a solo version of Savage!Β 

agree or at at least a remix version with 360 instead .. the song is so good :weeps:Β  Kerser part didn't suit

absolutely didn't expect to be snatched bald by InvisibleΒ :jonny4:

This album / EP is so good ! It's been years maybe a decade that I didn't like one of her project that much !Β 

Β 

Love the fact that they bring back their pop-punk roots ! Savage and Ribcage are amazing ! The way they sing on Jungle is so garage. I love that!! And Here to dance is true guilty pleasure !Β 

Β 

My review hereΒ 

https://the-melting-pop.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-veronicas-les-jumelles-pop-punk.html

• 4 weeks later...

Um so this was cute lol but feels way too undercooked. Like I get it they were having label issues before. And we got spoiled having 2 albums released back to back in 2021 year but a 7 song EP after after 3 years is wild. Are we getting a deluxe edition or more new music anytime soon because this left me wanting more and not in a good way?Β 

Β 

Also I'm seeing them live on tour this Monday and I just saw that even their setlist leaves alot to be desired. This EP is really short and no reason that they're not performing the whole thing especially Perfect since it was a single and Savage a fan favorite that's taking off.Β 

Β 

Also electric chair to them not including If You Love Someone, Cruel, On Your Side, Think Of Me, Ugly and Biting My Tongue onto their setlist

i literally forgot this existed lol. thats how forgettable this prokject was

3 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Um so this was cute lol but feels way too undercooked. Like I get it they were having label issues before. And we got spoiled having 2 albums released back to back in 2021 year but a 7 song EP after after 3 years is wild. Are we getting a deluxe edition or more new music anytime soon because this left me wanting more and not in a good way?Β 

Β 

Also I'm seeing them live on tour this Monday and I just saw that even their setlist leaves alot to be desired. This EP is really short and no reason that they're not performing the whole thing especially Perfect since it was a single and Savage a fan favorite that's taking off.Β 

Β 

Also electric chair to them not including If You Love Someone, Cruel, On Your Side, Think Of Me, Ugly and Biting My Tongue onto their setlist

Half of Godzilla and Human were songs that had already been previously released or gotten leaked, so really we only got one album in 2021.Β 

Β 

The label thing impacted the follow up to Hook Me Up. Everything since 2014 is on them and their laziness and infighting.Β 

3 hours ago, Delirious said:

i literally forgot this existed lol. thats how forgettable this prokject was

sksksk same coming from me who is a huge Veronica's fan .. it was a real downfall after Human and Godzilla :weeps:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alldeezy said:

sksksk same coming from me who is a huge Veronica's fan .. it was a real downfall after Human and Godzilla :weeps:

I actually loved Godzilla. It's a shame that this album is somehow even more basic than Human.

Β 

But I rediscovered Hook Me Up the album and I played it nonstop early this yearΒ 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Not to hop on the downer train but I basically feel the same way. I'm finally getting to see them on tour for the first time and I just feel... indifferent? There was a time when I would have been over the moon to see them perform (and I know they are going to put on a great show) but I just cannot get into this project.Β 

22 hours ago, Delirious said:

I actually loved Godzilla. It's a shame that this album is somehow even more basic than Human.

Β 

But I rediscovered Hook Me Up the album and I played it nonstop early this yearΒ 

for me they both were great but I only stan Human for Life Of The Party & By Your SideΒ :oh:Β 

yess like the first 2 were so great idk .. they really downgraded with this album .. maybe if it was longer I may have to come back to it I only liked Savage from the album tracks but Kerser is such a dropkick kinda person so that kinda ruined the song for meΒ :weeps:

• Like 1

I think they have great ideas for their albums but because of label drama and whatnot their vision becomes blurry.Β 
The first two albums are amazing and cohesive - everything else is a big mess and a mixed bag, in my opinion.

The Veronicas, Godzilla and Human have great songs but I can't enjoy them as a whole body of work. And why on earth is Runaway still unreleased?!Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.