Eras tour film opens with 128M globally

Michael196

2 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

Yes, so a random people on twitter say it’s going to outgross Barbie and that’s make you mad. And now you claim that people is a “Swiftie”. I totally understand your madness cause she literally did $130 million globally after just one weekend with less than $20 million budget, keep fuming :clap3:

There are literal threads on here claiming that lol. By Swifties.

Hey, I'm an MJ stan. If I see someone compare her to MJ I gotta clock them :giraffe: 

Edited by JaXXXon
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JaXXXon

• Assassin

• HappierJealousy

• Enrique523

6 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

Yeah, it can't be apples to apples but regardless MJ's movie was bigger. 

But that $30 million international opening which is like $17 million at regular price from 100 countries is what's negative in her overall opening. I mean, a movie that breaks pre-sale records that does $17 million outside of its domestic market is usually deemed local. 

Taylor still didn't perform any international dates aside from Mexico. Some fans with tickets for the actual live concert may not want to be spoiled by the concert movie. And again, comparing this with the performance of an actual feature film makes no sense. 

128m after 3 days for a concert film
and y'all still complain :rip:

that Adele stan being brave for what?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Bigger than MJ :duca:

That's all that matters :duca:

• Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Taylor still didn't perform any international dates aside from Mexico. Some fans with tickets for the actual live concert may not want to be spoiled by the concert movie. And again, comparing this with the performance of an actual feature film makes no sense. 

Well, we'll have to see how it did in the UK and Australia because those places haven't been visited by the Eras tour either and if they're big you're in for a hell of an explanation lol. 

14 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

There are literal threads on here claiming that lol. By Swifties.

Hey, I'm an MJ stan. If I see someone compare her to MJ I gotta clock them :giraffe: 

So what? Basically the OP said it’s the biggest opening of any concert movie and that’s statement is correct. No one cares about how many people watch your movie or the inflation when they makes such a statement. Needless to say it’s nonsense to compare a pure concert film with MJ’s documentary film which was on screen directly after his death. The OP shouldn’t mention MJ though cause it’s not even a concert movie:rip:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_film

This is the wiki page of concert film

• Like 4

I don't even want to compare this to the MJ film, wasn't that released, like, three months after his passing?

49 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

Yeah, it can't be apples to apples but regardless MJ's movie was bigger. 

But that $30 million international opening which is like $17 million at regular price from 100 countries is what's negative in her overall opening. I mean, a movie that breaks pre-sale records that does $17 million outside of its domestic market is usually deemed local. 

It’s bound to be local what are you expected? :rip: It’s not even an international movie initially. In most countries it has very few arrangements and there is literally none promotion budget there and the movie is not even available in country like China which is one of her biggest market. Again, what is the “regular price” exactly? You know the regular price will cause more people to buy the tickets so the total box office wouldn’t change that lot, right? You really need to seek help

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Like 2

Interestingly, every single person on earth who actually expected this concert film to be the next Avatar, Titanic, Star Wars kind of blockbuster is right here in this thread! Fascinating.

Congrats to Taylor for the biggest opening weekend for a concert film in history, the overall biggest concert film in US history already, and a good shot at getting the highest grossing concert film of all time worldwide :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

$96M OW in America is batshit crazy. Never would I have thought a concert movie could do that. It's Taylor's world and we just live in it.

3 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

It’s bound to be local what are you expected? :rip: It’s not even an international movie initially, most countries and the movie is not even available in country like China which is one of her biggest market. Again, what is the “regular price” exactly? You know the regular price will cause more people to buy the tickets so the total box office wouldn’t change that lot, right? You really need to seek help

Well, people were she saying would be breaking Barbie's opening WITH said ticket prices and now that it didn't you are changing your narrative :ducky:

She hasn't played in the UK so if her gross is big there your excuse falls flat. 

She obviously doesn't have the appeal and GP interest you thought. Case closed. 

Edited by JaXXXon
  • Thumbs Down 5

The posts here :laugh: I just know her historic success made some of you guys soooo mad this year 

OT: legend. I don’t see any of other musicians outdoing this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

Well, people were she saying would be breaking Barbie's opening WITH said ticket prices and now that it didn't you are changing your narrative :ducky:

She hasn't played in the UK so if her gross is big there your excuse falls flat. 

She obviously doesn't have the appeal and GP interest you thought. Case closed. 

Who thought it will has GP appeal and interest literally? :rip: Do you think “GP” will pay $20 to see a pure concert movie? It’s the most successful concert movie of all time and I don’t really know why you’re fuming here? :deadbanana4: just because it has a bigger opening weekend than MJ’s documentary film directly after his death? Jesus 

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brazil said:

The swifities been gaslighting us into thinking she's global now :lakitu:

Girl she is. Is this even a question in 2023? And I’m not even a swiftie. It’s the highest grossing concert film of all time after just one weekend :deadbanana2:

It might be possible that the release of the film wasn’t simultaneous. It’s out in my country though and the theaters were packed when I went yesterday.

• Like 1

Just now, Attitude said:

I wonder what the final gross will be? $400 million?

I thought $250 million at the very best, it’s only available on the weekend and concert movie are usually very frontload

1 hour ago, JaXXXon said:

The previous record-holder isn't adjusted for inflation and its tickets were at regular price too. MJ's movie clearly had waaaaay more interest. $74 million in 2009 is like $140 million now. 

Yes, this is something we always do when measuring success against the current market, which is why Avatar is considered a flop because it didn’t outgross Gone With The Wind adjusted for inflation :ryan3:

• Haha 6

What you're actually saying is that if Bieber charged $20 for his movie it would've been in the same ballpark as Taylor's.

No it wouldn't because less people would buy tickets, what is not clicking? 

If 2x ticket prices didn’t have any effect on ticket sales, every movie would sell their tickets with 2x prices and gross 2x. It doesn't work like that 

Swifties always overrate her success and demand that's backfired a bit here. 

What a backfire that she ended up with biggest opening week for a concert film... and she did that alive. 

• Like 5

Amazing numbers, I didn't go to the movie because I want to see the concert live first.

3 hours ago, Assassin said:

Only $30M from the rest of the world? Is Taylor local?

They are waiting to see her in SOLD OUT stadiums first. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.