• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JaXXXon

• Assassin

• HappierJealousy

• Enrique523

Great numbers but I actually believed the hype that this could “rival” Barbie in the US and open around 150M with the amount of threads, articles, and spamming about her presales being astronomical.  

I think it’s possible the same might apply to the Eras tour gross when it’s finally released. Everyone keeps publishing these ridiculous estimates that even if she grossed 1B it’ll be seen as low because the numbers 2-4B keep popping up and being posted.

• Like 11

Good numbers, but you all overhyped the **** out of this

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 7

Could’ve been $150m, but people with taste CANCELLED their pre-orders when they found out

Spoiler

Cardigan

was cut from the film. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Great numbers but I actually believed the hype that this could “rival” Barbie in the US and open around 150M with the amount of threads, articles, and spamming about her presales being astronomical.  

I think it’s possible the same might apply to the Eras tour gross when it’s finally released. Everyone keeps publishing these ridiculous estimates that even if she grossed 1B it’ll be seen as low because the numbers 2-4B keep popping up and being posted.

i was thinking the same. the way some people spoke about it i thought it was going to be the next Titanic or Avatar :rip: still huge numbers though so good for her

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mhmm a little dissapointed

i expected more 

11 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Only $30M from the rest of the world? Is Taylor local?

The swifities been gaslighting us into thinking she's global now :lakitu:

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 21

is she expected to make more money from this than the actual tour?

6 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Could’ve been $150m, but people with taste CANCELLED their pre-orders when they found out

Hide contents

Cardigan

was cut from the film. 

You couldn't cancel pre-orders.

4 minutes ago, brazil said:

The swifities been gaslighting us into thinking she's global now :lakitu:

I'm sure you believe that.

16 minutes ago, Assassin said:

it costs 20pounds for a cinema ticket when the reputation tickets were 60-100.

3 minutes ago, airplane said:

is she expected to make more money from this than the actual tour?

No, lol.

For one, theaters get 50% of the cut. Secondly, this will finish at around $250-300M worldwide.

Wait, but it didn't even debut globally yet, did it? It's only getting released on the first week of November here in Brazil 

22 minutes ago, Assassin said:

If she is, then who isn’t?

18 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Blame the media, who would’ve come up with these claims if it wasn’t for the constant statements spammed all over

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Wait, but it didn't even debut globally yet, did it? It's only getting released on the first week of November here in Brazil 

When talking about box office, global/worldwide means in whatever territories it has opened so far.

5 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

If she is, then who isn’t?

Blame the media, who would’ve come up with these claims if it wasn’t for the constant statements spammed all over

Yeah I agree. Since Taylor is currently the media it girl, everyone is posting absurd nonsensical things just for clicks. But it will backfire on Taylor for not only leading to oversaturation of her image but overhyping. I cannot go 5 minutes without seeing something about her. It's incredibly annoying at this point. Whether its music, touring, football, cinemas, etc. 

This sort of oversaturation always ends up turning to annoyance and public backlash. But with how she's flaunting Travis K. it seems like she doesn't care and wants this era to be oversaturated with tabloids. I wonder if she'll pull another reputation style media blacklist when she's over this phase.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Assassin said:

When talking about box office, global/worldwide means in whatever territories it has opened so far.

So whatever you posted about 30m from the rest of the world literally means nothing when the movie is only getting released 3 weeks from now in most markets 

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

So whatever you posted about 30m from the rest of the world literally means nothing when the movie is only getting released 3 weeks from now in most markets 

Who told you this? It opened in almost 100 markets this weekend.

Only a dozen or so are markets are remaining where it is set to be released in Nov 3.

https://www.tstheerastourfilm.com/participating-territories/

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.