Drew Berrymoore writers refuse to come back

SmittenCake

4 minutes ago, boysandbombs said:

Because she's not the CEO of CBS you ******* moron. It's not her responsibility. And writers are not her entire staff. Some of you are savage idiots. 

the ANGER emanating from you and the gang of double-digit IQ scabs in this thread :rip:

• Like 1

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lana Banana

• Headlock

• dumbsparce

• DAP

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

So you didn’t want higher salaries and liked prices going up? Because that is what your actions are saying. You just said that your school has multiple teachers. What would happen if you all went on strike? If all teachers in all schools went on strike? Anger. Yes, some due to initially confusion at teachers. But then anger at those that employ teachers, anger at the upper classes who do not pay teachers living wages, leading to subpar learning environments for their children.

That is the point of strikes. Because eventually either those in charge feel the damage, either financially or publicly (and believe me, these people care about their PR), and you get a raise as a result.

Or you can cross the picket line, and nothing changes. Congratulations.

What I’ve been trying to say was pretty much what Gia Gunn said once: what you wanna do is not necessarily what you’re gonna do. And that’s the reality for a lot of people. A lot of people don’t agree to strikes because their work threatens them if they do etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all up for striking ever since I live in The Netherlands because there is a wayyyy bigger community for this particular topic but it’s definitely not the same way back home, and I get both sides. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, C-Amber said:

Greedy people, not only they put a hold on +100 people working on the show who rely on the show to live, because they want more money, and now that they got the money they refusing to work? Kick them out, they don't deserve the efforts. Hire new one who really want to work. I swear the entitlement is growing day by day with these people. 

This post has to be sarcasm, because :rip:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

What I’ve been trying to say was pretty much what Gia Gunn said once: what you wanna do is not necessarily what you’re gonna do. And that’s the reality for a lot of people. A lot of people don’t agree to strikes because their work threatens them if they do etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all up for striking ever since I live in The Netherlands because there is a wayyyy bigger community for this particular topic but it’s definitely not the same way back home, and I get both sides. 

Because their employers are scared of the collective power of their workers. Like!!! That. Is. The. Point. Because they are **** out of luck if y’all decide to strike, and try everything in their power to stop y’all from doing so :deadbanana4:

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, C-Amber said:

Greedy people, not only they put a hold on +100 people working on the show who rely on the show to live, because they want more money, and now that they got the money they refusing to work? Kick them out, they don't deserve the efforts. Hire new one who really want to work. I swear the entitlement is growing day by day with these people. 

How entitled they must be to want writers to have livable wages and rights in the industry.

Y’all always come out with the same rhetoric trying to put two suffering groups against each other.  

• Like 2

I'm sure there's plenty of writers who will take their spot

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

So you didn’t want higher salaries and liked prices going up? Because that is what your actions are saying. You just said that your school has multiple teachers. What would happen if you all went on strike? If all teachers in all schools went on strike? Anger. Yes, some due to initially confusion at teachers. But then anger at those that employ teachers, anger at the upper classes who do not pay teachers living wages, leading to subpar learning environments for their children.

That is the point of strikes. Because eventually either those in charge feel the damage, either financially or publicly (and believe me, these people care about their PR), and you get a raise as a result.

Or you can cross the picket line, and nothing changes. Congratulations.

Of course I wanted a higher salary. 
Of course I didn’t like prices going up. 
Those are two different things. One is the government consolidating or not and the other one is budgeting for education. Latvia, in particular, consists of elder teachers, therefore the mentality is slightly different. USSR bred teachers would never strike. Point is, it’s not black and white, and for middle class, I think everyone just wants the best for themselves. The system is broken; a strike won’t work to tickle a millionaire. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, C-Amber said:

Then it’s a good thing everyone employed on her show stood in solidarity with the writers then isn’t it? 

:clack:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DAP said:

It’s telling when some of y’all are more disturbed by imagined fears about scab being used by self-righteous “woke” people than the exploitation of these workers. 

spacer.png

Literally them with billionaries and rich people: 

2w9g09.jpg?a470640

:dies:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Because their employers are scared of the collective power of their workers. Like!!! That. Is. The. Point. Because they are **** out of luck if y’all decide to strike, and try everything in their power to stop y’all from doing so :deadbanana4:

Yes you are right, trust me I would love to be head of such a movement if I knew people wouldn’t be so against it, but it’s the opposite and people are very very set in stone with their ideas. 

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

A deal was made for better right was it not? Or the strike would still be going. Its over now 

Yes, because people didn’t cross the picket line. It’s almost like there’s a point to all of this :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Also, unions in many countries equal to something brown you’d see on a sidewalk in the morning

Just now, Headlock said:

Yes, because people didn’t cross the picket line. It’s almost like there’s a point to all of this :deadbanana4:

I'm just saying the strike is over

4 minutes ago, DAP said:

It’s telling when some of y’all are more disturbed by imagined fears about scab being used by self-righteous “woke” people than the exploitation of these workers. 

spacer.png

I have little sympathy toward people who literally work in Hollywood, that is very much true. I'd rather care for my own surroundings. Which means that if I start seeing **** that makes me roll my eyes every 5 minutes I'm gonna have to start eliminating web spaces I insert myself into.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Insanity said:

A deal was made for better right was it not? Or the strike would still be going. Its over now 

And the shitty way their boss behaved during that strike clearly lost their trust. Good for them to stand up for themselves and put their values ahead of a paycheck. I hope good things await.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

I'm just saying the strike is over

And those that scabbed during it are blacklisted. Like, what is your question? :rip:

Also the SAG-AGTRA strike is ongoing. Only the WGA strike has ended currently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Of course I wanted a higher salary. 
Of course I didn’t like prices going up. 
Those are two different things. One is the government consolidating or not and the other one is budgeting for education. Latvia, in particular, consists of elder teachers, therefore the mentality is slightly different. USSR bred teachers would never strike. Point is, it’s not black and white, and for middle class, I think everyone just wants the best for themselves. The system is broken; a strike won’t work to tickle a millionaire. 

You might as well just pack it up. These military-utopia strike jackals are just not seeing it from any other angle. No negotiating with terrorists. It's an unfortunate situation all around; union situations are always charged with murky waters because livelihoods are at stake and the people who need the most suffer hardest. Capitalism is brutal. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, supaspaz said:

And the shitty way their boss behaved during that strike clearly lost their trust. Good for them to stand up for themselves and put their values ahead of a paycheck. I hope good things await.

I'm sure they will find something else somewhere else

2 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I have little sympathy toward people who literally work in Hollywood, that is very much true. I'd rather care for my own surroundings. Which means that if I start seeing **** that makes me roll my eyes every 5 minutes I'm gonna have to start eliminating web spaces I insert myself into.

You should add ATRL to that list :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

And those that scabbed during it ware blacklisted. Like, what is your question? :rip:

Also the SAG-AGTRA strike is ongoing. Only the WGA strike has ended currently.

When I post. Don't respond. I'm tired of you

• Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, boysandbombs said:

You might as well just pack it up. These military-utopia strike jackals are just not seeing it from any other angle. No negotiating with terrorists. It's an unfortunate situation all around; union situations are always charged with murky waters because livelihoods are at stake and the people who need the most suffer hardest. Capitalism is brutal. 

Why do you think I moved out from there 7 years ago? Haha. 

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Yeah what Drew did sucked but I'm sure the former writers will find good things

JustLikeHoney

Lots of daytime talk shows went back on air without writers while the strike was going on. I think this is a name recognition thing. I think The View, The Talk and a bunch of daytime shows. I don't think Drew ended up 

going on air. She ended up making the right choice not to go back on air. 

I don't think we should be this hard on Drew. Daytime shows operate fairly well without writers. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

5 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Also, unions in many countries equal to something brown you’d see on a sidewalk in the morning

Well you seem to not be grasping that we are talking about events in the US. Not “other countries”.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.