Drew Berrymoore writers refuse to come back

SmittenCake

Then some other writers will take their place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lana Banana

• Headlock

• dumbsparce

• DAP

29 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

A person on ATRL worshipping other millionaire popstars trying to shade others on here :ahh:

FUSo6Jx.gif

Yes, stop being a bootlicker. Drew wanted to do her show without writers and now she got her wish! Hopefully she's enjoying it. 

FUSo6Jx.gif

2 hours ago, AMIT said:

You fell for a by-the-numbers dividing tactic used by the ruling class to throw a wedge into the working class and make it harder for us all - yes, including across borders and oceans - to band together in order to further our political goals. Congrats, Mr. "I don't want to sound like some twitter user with no critical thinking skills". :clap3:

Sadly for you, I don't frequent the places you do to get informed about social issues therefore there's no trap for me to fall for. It doesn't take a genius to assume these people's salaries nor is the "all for one, one for all" mentality you have behind your keyboard realistic and applicable to the real world.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, boysandbombs said:

It's also the classic case 'Blame the woman' misplaced misogyny while Drew is trying to keep her shows families clothed and fed and everyone continues to ignore the TRUE motherfuckers in this whole mess, the billionaire studio heads who would die before giving up superyachts and boardroom power.  Divide and conquer, just like always ...

Oh please as if drew doesn’t have enough money to pay her crew out of pocket for a few months 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Is "scab" the new toxic / manipulative / bigot / gaslight / culture etc ? I've stopped using those words bc they make me feel like yet another twitter user who lacks critical thinking and uses whatever new daily buzzword they see on their feed thinking they're smart and educated.

"Scab", in a striking context, was popularised in Victorian England (or potentially even earlier) by working class people. It's not some elitist gen z buzz word...

• Like 3

These "and they'll be replaced" comments are missing the point. Their boss has shown them what kind of person she is and they no longer feel comfortable working for her. So they're taking their work elsewhere. That's it. Of course they'll be replaced, but they as individuals no longer have to work for a woman who's shown she doesn't value them properly.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Well that's the point. I do care about MY community. A community that couldn't be further from Hollywood's "working class". I'm not obligated to care about a writer making 20k a month instead of 50 when my people are working day and night for nickels.

Majority of writers don’t and haven’t ever made that kind of money, only the showrunners or the celebrity producers that sell a script to a studio. The regular staff jobs have been outsourced to contract gigs that restrict their autonomy, literally the same trend occurring in every other sector and the entire reason the WGA (and every other union worker) went and is going on strike. So you can say you aren’t “obligated to care” if you want, that just makes you unprincipled, and you look like a moron trying to patronize people that want to change an unjust system.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, DAP said:

Majority of writers don’t and haven’t ever made that kind of money, only the showrunners or the celebrity producers that sell a script to a studio. The regular staff jobs have been outsourced to contract gigs that restrict their autonomy, literally the same trend occurring in every other sector and the entire reason the WGA (and every other union worker) went and is going on strike. So you can say you aren’t “obligated to care” if you want, that just makes you unprincipled, and you look like a moron trying to patronize people that want to change an unjust system.

Patronize where? I simply don't care about them. Guess we're gonna have to ask our good friend Lana Banana next time they go on strike with their teachers in Lithuania if they were joined by these poorly treated Hollywood writers.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Patronize where? I simply don't care about them. Guess we're gonna have to ask our good friend Lana Banana next time they go on strike with their teachers in Lithuania if they were joined by these poorly treated Hollywood writers.

Sure, maybe we can ask the teachers if calling someone a scab is the same as calling someone the n word while we are there. 

:clack:

• Haha 8

The essays about a word in here.

Yall didn't know the word "Scab" until you saw it on Twitter referenced to Drew. Nobodies been using the word and nobody had frequented that time in life to even use it daily. Pls. :deadbanana4:

And no, it's nowhere near as offensive as the N word as of user tried to put it. 

Edited by Afterglow
  • Like 1

Not me going to sleep and waking up the next morning and y’all are still going at it :redface:

3 hours ago, glitch said:

These "and they'll be replaced" comments are missing the point. Their boss has shown them what kind of person she is and they no longer feel comfortable working for her. So they're taking their work elsewhere. That's it. Of course they'll be replaced, but they as individuals no longer have to work for a woman who's shown she doesn't value them properly.

That’s it. And the fact so many here can’t grasp it and still go on with the “soon replaced” argument… maybe these users are rich or just unemployed, because it’s completely missing the point of a collective leave. 

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Oh please as if drew doesn’t have enough money to pay her crew out of pocket for a few months 

I'm surprised she hasn't paid her own staff personally, that would have given her huge amount of public good will.

Kelly Clarkson has been paying her own staff since the strikes started and that was months ago. Drew clearly is a scab, regardless of "who benefits" from one talk show returning to air (The View doesn't count since theirs is unscripted mostly and no one gives a **** about those birds parroting Republican talking points). It's worse for her because she has the money and the connections since the 90s, there's zero excuse for her to pretend she's new to union strikes.

2 hours ago, Afterglow said:

The essays about a word in here.

Yall didn't know the word "Scab" until you saw it on Twitter referenced to Drew. Nobodies been using the word and nobody had frequented that time in life to even use it daily. Pls. :deadbanana4:

And no, it's nowhere near as offensive as the N word as of user tried to put it. 

It's pretty obvious most of this thread has never worked a unionized jobs ever in their lives; otherwise they'd understand why class solidarity is so important when it comes to strikes. (There's unions for almost every profession except pharmacists and technicians. The biggest and most commonly reported unions are teachers, grocery store workers, truckers and nurses, and autoworkers).

It's not as offensive as a certain word, yes but there's a reason why being labeled a 'scab" is equated to being blacklisted. Unions rose to power over a century ago by murdering factory bosses who made their lives hell and paying them ****.

Unions are the single and only reason why any of you enjoy 40 hour work weeks, vacation, sick pay and time off. Period.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lana Banana said:

How does the concept of striking not translate across the globe? Is it done differently in The US?

It’s an entirely different regulatory system, different laws, different culture around labor, different levels of labor rights etc.  This is less a conversation about the general concept of strikes and more about US labor relations. 

• Like 1

why is this everywhere on the news & social media? so some random people decided to quit their jobs, why does this matter to us? :redface: kim people are dying 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

6 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

If you simply don't care about them, then why even enter or even being the most poster in this thread?! It's just so disingenious to act like "Hollywood writers" are also not common working people like Lana Banana in Lithuania. Most of them live paycheck to paycheck too.

Why are you so bothered that some people fight for their just rights?

• Like 8

it is what she deserves, if she wasn't so greed in the first place, the strike would be already over, what she did was so dumb and greedy.

I actually think Drew made an honest, misguided mistake. But yet again, this is going to follow her unfortunately.

People who think that she'll just hire new ones are underestimating the WGA.

They literally nearly shut down the industry.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.