Netflix to raise prices again

thatsmydemi

A joke :skull: They stopped account sharing, people actually subbed on their own instead of just giving it up and then they raised it even more. I really can't believe people fell for this :deadbanana4:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

I’ll gladly keep using free sites thank you very much

• Like 8

Good thing i don't watch netflix

• Like 1

Not to defend big corporations but isn't this normal for a subscription service? Your mobile phone bill goes up every year too.

14 minutes ago, glitch said:

Not to defend big corporations but isn't this normal for a subscription service? Your mobile phone bill goes up every year too.

The problem is is that Netflix's output doesn't warrant raising their prices. They keep cancelling shows and don't allow shows to build over time and gain an audience. There's a reason why so many popular shows on streaming services are legacy releases like Gilmore Girls, TVD, Friends etc because these are shows who have established lore, worldbuilding, realized characters, etc. You can't achieve that when you keep cancelling shows after 1 or 2 seasons. Netflix doesn't create classics anymore it's only interested in short term profit

• Like 7

Haven’t used Netflix since like 2017 so

spacer.png

The kii is when strikes are over and there is still unemployment because streaming sites are raising prices to cover the pay increases, only to lose subscribers….meaning less content being made :rip:

Lol. I cancelled my subscription a few months ago after being subscribed since OITNB and went back to pirating. It's just not worth it. Only having Spotify nowadays. Hollywood ****** itself with the amount of streaming platforms and their anti-customer attitude. 

• Like 1

Eventually they will creep in ads onto the paid versions as well. I bet their corporates are drooling just thinking about that. 

Yeah, I stopped watching shows on Netflix and Prime because they constantly cancel my favorite shows after one or max. 2 seasons. It's so annoying. I also don't like how so many shows have short seasons.

14 minutes ago, Love Again said:

The problem is is that Netflix's output doesn't warrant raising their prices. They keep cancelling shows and don't allow shows to build over time and gain an audience. There's a reason why so many popular shows on streaming services are legacy releases like Gilmore Girls, TVD, Friends etc because these are shows who have established lore, worldbuilding, realized characters, etc. You can't achieve that when you keep cancelling shows after 1 or 2 seasons. Netflix doesn't create classics anymore it's only interested in short term profit

But that's not really the point I'm making. £10.99 a month will not be worth the same amount in 1/2/3 years time. People increasing their prices to keep up with inflation and probably make some extra on top is a normal business practice.

I do agree that they should invest in keeping shows running longer term though. Sex Education and Never Have I Ever were both good lengths at least.

netflix has been so stale this year anyhow... time to end my membership... then come back for stranger things season 5, then leave again.

yeah no, i'm so tired of this. might f#ck around and get a raspberry pi to use a plex server and cancel everything. 

1 hour ago, glitch said:

It’s a little crazy to cut off convenience for families and then choose to raise prices after already imposing a rather large inconvenience for some. 

Aside from that, you need to change your phone carrier as your cellphone bill should not be going up every year if you aren’t adding anything onto it lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LustSpell said:

A joke :skull: They stopped account sharing, people actually subbed on their own instead of just giving it up and then they raised it even more. I really can't believe people fell for this :deadbanana4:

Netflix & HBOMAX setting trends for the worst, a nightmare. :biblio:

Amazon announced a price increase too just recently; pricing across the board is just insane already. 

10 minutes ago, Mystic Warrior said:

Aside from that, you need to change your phone carrier as your cellphone bill should not be going up every year if you aren’t adding anything onto it lol

I'm pretty sure it's standard where I live for mobile phone bills to go up annually in line with the consumer price index :michael:

Edited by glitch

Netflix is going to become a relic of the times soon. Anybody who has a subscription to it just has it to have it, but never watches anything from it :rip:

I cancelled mine after the last price raise. I just wish it didn’t hold older shows hostage on there and allowed Max or Hulu to pick up some of them up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.