Do you ever want Taylor to settle down and pause her career to get married/kids?

What_A_Mess

I’ve been thinking about Taylor’s stratospheric success in her 18 year career and I can’t help but wonder whether her not being married and being single is a factor in this. I feel like every time a MPG gets married or has kids, their music career/success sort of declines or stops all together. We’ve seen this happen countless times before from Britney and Katy to Ariana and Rihanna. Do you ever want Taylor to settle down, get married, have kids, and possibly have a less successful career/pause it or do you think she will buck this trend?

Edited by What_A_Mess
  • Confused 6

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan81

• vale9001

• réveuse

• PoisonedIvy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's up to us...but I think Taylor will always put out music of some sort, no matter what phase she's in 

she truly enjoys her job, she loves writing and making music, and she's always coming up with new ideas for songs.

I don't think her having kids could really stop her from doing what she loves the most.

such a weird question...

• Like 11

girl that's up to her but I do know that reading about her love life is just tired atp and it stopped being interesting 10 years ago. and I genuinely love her music but the drama surrounding who she is dating is sooooooooo overdone.

The very premise of the question feels weirdly and uncomfortably parasocial - and I say that as someone who recognizes his posting habits on ATRL of all places :rip: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

We as a society really should have moved past these kinds of conversations long ago. It’s an unconscious bias to speculate on a woman’s career and what that means in relation to the hypothetical idea of motherhood. We don’t know if Taylor wants to be a mother. We don’t know if it would accelerate or halt her career. It also doesn’t matter because we do not ask these same questions about men. So why do we about women? 

:clap3:

I'm not even a fan but wouldn't you as a fan want what Taylor wants? :psyduck: Like why even think that deeply about it 

why? she enjoys her life an career?

• Like 2

It's so weird to think someone could "want" a celebrity to get married and have kids

No I want her to keep putting as much music out as she possibly can, ignoring her personal life, just so she can fill the void of my sad meaningless life

• Haha 4

Not to sound rude, but I couldn't care less about her personal life, she can do whatever she wants :coffee2:

• ATRL Moderator

I'm an antinatalist, so I don't want her to have kids :foxaylove2:

What "i" want doesn't really matter tbh. She can do whatever she wants to and we'll support ha :cute:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.