YouTube Music debuts streaming stats

SoldierofLove

spacer.png

Before this, there was a roundabout way to look up total streams on YouTube for songs. They are separate from lyric videos and music videos. This information is now displayed in the YouTube Music app. 

Now that YTM is making it easy to view their flop streaming numbers, will Apple Music follow suit?

Where my YTM users at @aesthetic bih @simplywohoo @Walk_Away21  @flower moon@elevate@TouchinFree@teedhooks@Jude

Edited by SoldierofLove
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Apple Music found dead in a ditch. :clap3:

Edited by Jude
  • Like 2

Now we have more stats to try to brag about

• Haha 3

i didnt even realise there were no stats before lol

not sure im going to keep using ytm though... the dektop version is a bit lame compared to spotify.

12 minutes ago, flower moon said:

i didnt even realise there were no stats before lol

not sure im going to keep using ytm though... the dektop version is a bit lame compared to spotify.

There are only like 10 of us using it. You better not be leaving the YTM club 

spacer.png

Edited by SoldierofLove
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, SoldierofLove said:

The stats are too tragic to brag about tbh

They will find ways

• Haha 7

This is the app that I find myself using more and more without even thinking about it, and all the changes are generally good unlike Spotify becoming unnecessarily bloated. 

The downside is that Google doesn't have a good track record of keeping up positive momentum. :gaycat6:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

There’s only like 10 of us using it. You better not be leaving the YTM club 

spacer.png

wait!
the exclusivity of it all. let me stay just for this reason

Mariah Carey GIF - Mariah Carey - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 9

BTW, is there anyway to tell them to fix their Add to Queue or Play Next feature? I want it to be like Spotify. I'm kinda annoyed YTM's way of adding a song to the queue. :chick3:

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Jude said:

BTW, is there anyway to tell them to fix their Add to Queue or Play Next feature? I want it to be like Spotify. I'm kinda annoyed YTM's way of adding a song to the queue. :chick3:

Huh? I absolutely hate the way Spotify does it and prefer YouTube Music's way. What don't you like about it?

5 minutes ago, Trash said:

I've never used this before. Is it good?

imo the sound quality is noticeably better than spotify (idk about AM)

___

also just found out apparently spotify is the only music streaming service that syncs music, like as its playing, across devices. ytm needs this fr

27 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Huh? I absolutely hate the way Spotify does it and prefer YouTube Music's way. What don't you like about it?

Maybe I just got used to how Spotify does it. 

I like what Spotify does, when you click a song on a playlist, they don't add all the songs from that playlist to the queue. In this way, I can insert songs after the currently playing song. 

In YTM, they all add the songs from that playlist in the queue so when you add a song to a queue, you have to wait for the entire playlist to finish before you can hear the inserted song (unless you shuffle your queue).

The Play Next option is not helpful for me either because when I want to insert l, let's say, 5 songs outside the playlist, the last song I added gets to be played first but I want that last song to be played last among the 5 songs I just added to the queue.

Also, the songs you added to the queue of Spotify don't get reshuffled even if you click the shuffle button which is what I want.

I am not saying these methods of YTM are wrong, though. I'm just saying I'm used to how Spotify does it. 

Edited by Jude
  • Thumbs Down 1

so are these numbers only yt music views or are they combined with some youtube views ? i checked it with some songs and its just the audio views for those :rip:

2 hours ago, favorite crime said:

Is this not just the audio video views?

The Cruel Summer audio video has 114M views, so this can't be it.

Oh wow, before this wasn't Spotify the only company to share streaming data? I know Apple music and Amazon don't but idk about Deezer and the others

12 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

no that's an audio posted by Taylor, not the autogenerated YT audio.

https://youtu.be/aC9HkZW2hZk?si=XgCVEClOCXB-Y1Jq

So that's where these videos come from? I have always been quite curious about their origin.

It's been there for a long time now cause a liddo posted Gaga's autogenerated audio views every once in a while through YT Music

You're like a bunch of years late cause you already could check a song's stats if you went to regular Youtube.

Is this just for individual tracks' official upload video or the accumulated streams of all the videos the song is tagged in?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.