Is Shakira The Biggest Global Music Superstar?

BOOM!

Globally i think that she is, and honestly she doesn't really have a real competition. Thoughts?

Edited by BOOM!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HappierJealousy

• vuelve88

• BOOM!

• Witnessed ET

Hips Don't Lie, Whenever Wherever and Waka Waka is really such an iconic trinity of global smashes 

The way they were all absolutely massive :jonnycat:

• Thanks 1

Just now, sasashite said:

No, Madonna is.

The last time Madonna released anything was like a decade ago. Is she still doing music? We don't know.

Shakira is having one of the biggest years of her career while not even trying.

• Haha 1

Just now, shoganai said:

I think her and Rihanna are the most popular worldwide 

Similar to Madonna. Rihanna will have to prove herself again, because when was the last time she released anything?

Shakira is having an absolutely huge year, almost 30 years into her career. Shakira's global power is much bigger than Rihanna's imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, her touring stats and certifications around the world (before 2010) are mediocre. 

She just has a big celebrity power… like Selena Gomez or Kim K

Right now, possibly

ever - no way she competes with Madonna, and she would say so 

no... so many other popstars are very famous in all the continents like her.

also i don't think she's very know in Asia? But i could be wrong.

Edited by vale9001

She is not popular in North America, Australia and majority of Europe, and she is literally unknown in Asia. She is not a big touring power. Globally, she sold less units than Madonna, Celine, Mariah, Taylor, Barbra, Whitney, Britney, Rihanna, Adele, Beyoncé and P!nk. I actually don’t know you how you come up with this idea and call her “most global”:deadbanana4: Is this a set up?

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

32 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Globally i think that she is, and honestly she doesn't really have a real competition. Thoughts?

beyoncé is bigger, she admitted it herself

https://www.billboard.com/music/latin/shakira-billboard-2023-cover-1235416448/amp/

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

18 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Shakira is having an absolutely huge year,

Where? Latin and North America? Her music this year was not successful outside that region + Spain. :rip::bird:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

39 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

and prayers

27 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

The last time Madonna released anything was like a decade ago. Is she still doing music? We don't know.

Shakira is having one of the biggest years of her career while not even trying.

Well, if we're talking today, it's Taylor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Where? Latin and North America? Her music this year was not successful outside that region + Spain. :rip::bird:

She literally had two Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped Billboard’s Global chart. Stop playing :bibliahh:

13 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

She literally had two Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped Billboard’s Global chart. Stop playing :bibliahh:

Say thanks you to her collaborator I guess, cause she last solo one was in 2006 :deadbanana4: Stop playing

1 minute ago, HappierJealousy said:

Say thanks you to her collaborator I guess, cause she last solo one was in 2006 :deadbanana4: Stop playing

Her collaborators had never had a Top 10 before this. Shakira has had multiple, including a #1. You barely even tried. :ahh:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Her collaborators had never had a Top 10 before this. Shakira has had multiple, including a #1. You barely even tried. :ahh:

And her next solo single after these smashes peaked at #84:cm: this can only prove both she and her collaborators don’t have enough commercial power in the US cause all their solo flop

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.