Katy Perry sells her music catalog for $225M

Feanor

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

Actually, "that avi" is interested in owning her music instead of selling it.

What difference does it make? It’s Katy’s music. If she wanted to sell it for 5 bucks and a Coke Zero, that would be her prerogative. Not everyone needs exponential monetary growth. 225 million is enough for three lifetimes. 

Edited by barbiegrande

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anti-Hero

• gettsleazy

• Witnessed ET

• Tistotal

3 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

What difference does it make? It’s Katy’s music. If she wanted to sell it for 5 bucks and a Coke Zero, that would be her prerogative. Not everyone needs exponential monetary growth. 225 million is enough for three lifetimes. 

None of this is relevant to my comment :rip:.

19 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This forum is full of weirdos. Imagine trying to drag a pop star who just made 225 MILLION while you sit behind your computer screen in your shared housing with 6 roommates just to afford it. 

Like, maybe spend your time being less of a bitter ***** and more time focusing on your own life. Or is it bitterness that no one would offer that amount of money to the person in your avi? Like what's the deal?

The funny thing about your post is that this kind of comment is FAR weirder than anything I’ve posted on a forum dedicated to the discussion of pop culture. 

I don’t live with 6 people, I live by myself because I’m privileged enough to work and make my own money. Your comment about my perceived lifestyle is not only callous, bizarre, and WEIRD, it’s classist as hell. Do the opinions of poor people who are forced to live with 6 people to make ends meet not matter to you?

Considering Katheryn her capitalist worldview, I’m not shocked that you look down on people that live in shared housing. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tropez said:

Have you ever heard of a term called licensing? It makes a lot of money. Mama let’s research. 

Enlighten me!  Will she have to share a percentage of her past profit or what? 

Maybe the buyers are just too rich and want to waste their time into something, would be a better guess. 

8 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

The funny thing about your post is that this kind of comment is FAR weirder than anything I’ve posted on a forum dedicated to the discussion of pop culture. 

I don’t live with 6 people, I live by myself because I’m privileged enough to work and make my own money. Your comment about my perceived lifestyle is not only callous, bizarre, and WEIRD, it’s classist as hell. Do the opinions of poor people who are forced to live with 6 people to make ends meet not matter to you?

Considering Katheryn her capitalist worldview, I’m not shocked that you look down on people that live in shared housing. 

The way you're trying to justify being an obsessive hater is kind of hilarious. "I can sit here and make ridiculous comments because it's a pop music forum and that's the point"

Yeah, sure you do. The Queen of England is also alive and well! You're not convincing anyone you're some sound professional if this is what you spend your free time doing.

gettsleazy

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

7 hours ago, Luckitty said:

isn't that too low?

It’a for witness title track alone apparently

10 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Get that bag queen :clap3:

Who needs masters anyways

omg girl I didn't recognize you

did Katy sell her likeness too and make you change your avatar :chick3:

How much money is it making per year? I feel she should've kept it so her music can still make money for generations to come

1 hour ago, gettsleazy said:

On a forum dedicated to the discussion of pop culture, you refer to a popstar as a “nun-murderer”.

Writing in Italic doesn’t make you interesting. So you’re okay to assume someone is a nun murderer, but others cannot assume you share a house with 6 people?

The whole point is you’re so toxic to yourself that instead of spending time focusing on your life and goals, you sit behind a screen trying to drag someone that just made 225 million dollars… don’t complain about others when you’re just as toxic and disgusting in reality

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

The way you're trying to justify being an obsessive hater is kind of hilarious. "I can sit here and make ridiculous comments because it's a pop music forum and that's the point"

Yeah, sure you do. The Queen of England is also alive and well! You're not convincing anyone you're some sound professional if this is what you spend your free time doing.

gettsleazy

Your classist self and capitalist fave will be the first ones OUT when the revolution starts. SEETHE!

ezgif-com-optimize.thumb.gif.947066cec7f

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

The whole point is you’re so toxic to yourself that instead of spending time focusing on your life and goals, you sit behind a screen trying to drag someone that just made 225 million dollars…

Yes me leaving a fleeting post that took me all of 30 seconds to compose is destroying my ability to function in normal society and the randos like you making deep philosophical insight into my life with these essays about me based off of a throwaway post on a pop music forum are definitely the high functioning, mentally stable ones.

76665354-97B8-4EE9-9F9E-8C1DDDF407C8.thu

• Haha 3

So we're going to be hearing her songs more now in random TV shows and commercials. I mean, how else are they going to make profit? 

Also wasn't she making money from her songs already? She has so many hits? I wonder why she sold them. Seems odd.

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

You're not convincing anyone you're some sound professional if this is what you spend your free time doing.

8mzALE2.png

:confused:

• Haha 5

Any artist willing to throw their masters away like this always get a side eye from me. Why would you not want to own the music you've created and made a career out of? To sell it off either reeks of desperation (for money), or lack of artistic integrity. 

• Thanks 2

Why are so many artist selling their publishing rights? Is it cause they feel they made all they will make on it anyways? 

23 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

Yes me leaving a fleeting post that took me all of 30 seconds to compose is destroying my ability to function in normal society and the randos like you making deep philosophical insight into my life with these essays about me based off of a throwaway post on a pop music forum are definitely the high functioning, mentally stable ones.

76665354-97B8-4EE9-9F9E-8C1DDDF407C8.thu

9k posts that says a lot about you and those 30 seconds. you’re filled with negativity and nonsense. 
Get

a

life

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

How much money is it making per year? I feel she should've kept it so her music can still make money for generations to come

She has other business revenues coming in. I'm sure she will be fine.

hgbk.gif

She's just being practical, what with copyright laws being obsolete even before AI and now music royalties are shit

Get that MONEY queen :clap3: Although I think she's a little too young to be selling her music rights I can understand it considering her popularity has peaked + she's a mother.

People act like she's poor. She is getting like $25 million a season just from American Idol and she has been on since season 16, and they are are on season 22 or 23 currently. In one or two more seasons she will have made $200 Million. And about $168 Million for her Vegas residency. If only her haters can "flop" like that. 

Good for her for getting all that money for her music. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

They’ll definitely need to license it because with her recurrents… 

Her recurrents are pretty good for someone who hasn’t had a big smash since 2014, what are you even talking about? And she’s had quite good numbers for some recent songs as well. 

6 hours ago, hummingbird12 said:

Let’s look at positive side. This doesn’t mean she can’t perform her music and it gives her a chance to be introduced to new audiences and future generations in films, commercials, series etc. This means her music will live on more versus if she hadn’t do this as the company will push her songs to get their return on investment. Legend in the making 

This also means they can sell some songs to x rated industries and she has a couple of songs that could fit the profile (ikag, dressing up, roar etc) but hey if a kid in 2030 will catch a line -you’re gonna hear me roooar while watching something and look up after- it’s a win.

the only thing that is somewhat sad is that this kind a looks like a last goodby as she doesn’t need to make or do anything more. Eventual records contract she can just fulfill by making best of, christmas cover ep and other non event things

Yeah she just doesn’t seem to be invested in her music career anymore and it’s kinda understandable with her current priorities in her personal life, but let’s hope this doesn’t mean she won’t stop  making albums in the future. i agree that her  songs/classics might live on this way more than with what Capitol would have done, so that’s a positive. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.