Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?

Aethereal

Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?

15 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why is an Xtina stan posing as a Swift fan talking about anyone’s shortcomings? Gaga is the most well-rounded talent in pop bffr.

screaming at both claims :ahh:Xtina is an even worse case of Gaga's lack of a cohesive vision or understanding of pop music 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• EmailMySwift

• Mystic Boy

• Aethereal

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

What does putting her heart into it mean? Promotion? Or will you only admit she put her heart into something if it outperforms her last two albums?

If Gaga put her full heart into Joanne and Chromatica, that’s a damning indictment of her artistry. She can and should do better. 

33 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

screaming at both claims :ahh:Xtina is an even worse case of Gaga's lack of a cohesive vision or understanding of pop music 

Let me guess… you think Gaga should work with Max Martin?

32 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Let me guess… you think Gaga should work with Max Martin?

She already did, the result was Stupid Love :rip: This goes back to my original point that she neither likes nor understands pop music. 

It's the report for me

Click Clack

ot: Maybe. It all depends on her but she doesn't seem very interesting at her pop career as she used to tbh and that's okay.

Click Clack

i just know she will have amazing collabs, everybody wants to collab with her since she's a legend

she will probably have bad bunny, billie, ice, maybe even taylor

IMG_3227.thumb.gif.42fde1aef68a2c4669686

46 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

She already did, the result was Stupid Love :rip: This goes back to my original point that she neither likes nor understands pop music. 

You can dislike it, but Gaga is not going to be this perfectly polished brand like TS and Bey are. She’s never had the same approach to pop music as the average pop girl which is what makes her special. 

56 minutes ago, Electric Youth said:

It's the report for me

Click Clack

And it was cleared. I would feel embarrassed if a mod cleared my thread report. 

3 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

Sorry but after 15 years, nothing in her career has shown she has the raw talent to create a Tapestry-level album. Beyonce uses extensive writing camps and has been under the wing/married to a powerful music mogul/the wealthiest musical artist in the world since her debut. Apples to oranges

ASIB proved that with a clear vision and focus she can deliver an excellent body of work outside of Pop Dance music. She just has to accept to be driven and let her ego aside.

She has to gain her hunger back.

46 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

You can dislike it, but Gaga is not going to be this perfectly polished brand like TS and Bey are. She’s never had the same approach to pop music as the average pop girl which is what makes her special. 

That's great but the thread is asking if Gaga's next era will outsell Joanne, not if she's has a polished brand. I gave my reasons why it won't. 

Click Clack

4 hours ago, Aristotle said:

I think Joanne was more of an organic success for Gaga than Chromatica was. She has her dedicated gay stan base that wants generic dance pop songs and on other hand she has a more niche audience that want more acoustic material. None of those two groups are big enough to pull great numbers for her so  she cannot include one and exclude the other. She needs to be expectational in both directions.

Yeah, I may be overestimating her demand, but I really think she has the potential to be a darling to older crowds with the right material, as far as commercial success go.

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

There’s more to music than generic P!nk AC songs and generic dance tracks for gayzzz. This binary thinking is not helping anyone. 

Most of Chromatica felt like a generic dance record for gays indeed, but where did I say she should do "*generic* AC songs" instead? :rip:

There's so much more to a more adult sound than...a Pink'd sound. This is thread is about commercial success, and in the year of 2023, I personally think Gaga is more likely to please an AC audience than the Top 40 format.

Edited by Scars

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.