Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?

Aethereal

Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?

4 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Idk. I love Gags but I feel like she doesnt have it in her to make truly good music anymore that people will stream en masse. She seems more interested in earning a quick buck through Horse Labs and Vegas shows because it’s easy for her and requires minimal effort. She only cares for her back catalogue as well. Chromatica rarely gets any love from her

2 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Joanne had the SB to push AMR too. I’m not sure. I’d probably say no. Gaga’s albums without the singles are not that good on streaming. She might struggle. 

What is she supposed to do though? How can she make her albums stick without radio, which is a metric she has struggled with since Judas. :rip: ASIB and the Super Bowl proved that people like her music when they hear it, but without a way of catching attention she has to rely on her core fanbase. Pop music is increasingly ageist. My friend considered Kylie old and even aging millennials are focused on Olivia Rodrigo. Beyoncé and Taylor are some of the only acts who seem to have evaded the ageism curse, and Taylor looks and was marketed towards young girls in a way Gaga never was. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• EmailMySwift

• Mystic Boy

• Aethereal

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

What is she supposed to do though? How can she make her albums stick without radio, which is a metric she has struggled with since Judas. :rip: ASIB and the Super Bowl proved that people like her music when they hear it, but without a way of catching attention she has to rely on her core fanbase. Pop music is increasingly ageist. My friend considered Kylie old and even aging millennials are focused on Olivia Rodrigo. Beyoncé and Taylor are some of the only acts who seem to have evaded the ageism curse, and Taylor looks and was marketed towards young girls in a way Gaga never was. 

She has to utilize TikTok more

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

She has to utilize TikTok more

I think she should come out as a Republican for LG7 following JFAD, and then during LG8 era she can blame her right wing outburst on a “brain tumor” and get sympathy for LG8 era. Bam! Two smash eras. 

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It’s not a diss. I’m just saying she isn’t strong there. TikTok is the only way to catch attention and that seems to be somewhat fading. I don’t see much dance trends on there anymore. It seems a lot of people only did it to build their following in the first few years. 

She can top both 'Joanne' and 'Chromatica' imo if she really puts her heart into it, but I don't think she will cause it seems like she has pretty much prioritized acting as her main passion now.

3 minutes ago, Feanor said:

She can top both 'Joanne' and 'Chromatica' imo if she really puts her heart into it, but I don't think she will cause it seems like she has pretty much prioritized acting as her main passion now.

What does putting her heart into it mean? Promotion? Or will you only admit she put her heart into something if it outperforms her last two albums?

37 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

We know how certain people here like to create a narrative around her. These numbers are good and respectable.

Chromatica especially did fine, reading some people it was some "Smile" disaster level :allears:

OT: Her "Tapestry" will come and bookmark me :fan: i was right about Bee having her "Diana" with Renaissance.

Smile - 2,594,000 album units from streams only

Chromatica - 2,806,000 album units from streams only

A great gap comes from pure sales though.

Smile does not have reported pure sales in Chartmasters but I would assume some 150K pure sales sales and 50K album units from digital singles downloads.

It’s purely dependent on how badly she wants the era to smash.

Bad Bunny is practically begging her for a collab… and if that happens, she’ll do numbers. I also think we’re overdue for Telephone 2.0

Timing is a factor too… if she releases it post Joker, we might very well see ASIB situation unfold. Critical acclaim. Big box office… hype for the succeeding musical project.

And most importantly - it needs to be great. Chromatica was far too safe.

1 hour ago, Aristotle said:

Smile - 2,594,000 album units from streams only

Chromatica - 2,806,000 album units from streams only

A great gap comes from pure sales though.

Smile does not have reported pure sales in Chartmasters but I would assume some 150K pure sales sales and 50K album units from digital singles downloads.

Smile had 3 songs released 1 prior to the album that had much more time to cumulate units even though she stated they would be isolated releases. But i guess the label had to reverse damage.

2 hours ago, Kuntmonster said:

Wait I am actually surprised at those numbers they are actually pretty good :deadbanana4: obviously not on Taylor and Adele numbers but ATRL made me think she genuinely flopped nnnn

atrl doesn't live in reality

Edited by RideOrDie

If she were to date/marry a famous man, then create cheating/breakup PR drama, and release a song about it crafted by a writing camp with a music video starring someone who looks vaguely similar or shot in the house where they lived, she'd have her biggest hit since TF era. Then TikTok/playlist the hell out of it. The question is, is she willing to play that game?

19 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Smile had 3 songs released 1 prior to the album that had much more time to cumulate units even though she stated they would be isolated releases. But i guess the label had to reverse damage.

And Gaga had 2 songs, one which is an Ariana duet. 

16 minutes ago, SharonStone said:

If she were to date/marry a famous man, then create cheating/breakup PR drama, and release a song about it crafted by a writing camp with a music video starring someone who looks vaguely similar or shot in the house where they lived, she'd have her biggest hit since TF era. Then TikTok/playlist the hell out of it. The question is, is she willing to play that game?

Aren't like nearly 45% of Chromatica’s streams from that Ariana duet? If that is not helpful I don't know what is. :ryan2:

Depends when she'll release it. She can benefit from the JFAD hype but let's hope she doesn't release another bad lead single cuz Stupid Song after ASIB was embarrassing

Edited by Shimenawa

1 hour ago, Aristotle said:

And Gaga had 2 songs, one which is an Ariana duet. 

Aren't like nearly 45% of Chromatica’s streams from that Ariana duet? If that is not helpful I don't know what is. :ryan2:

They weren't released 1 year prior to the album though :rip:

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

At this point, nothing. It's too late. She might as well do whatever she likes and flop/underperform on her own terms.What she could have done was release good, commercial music with the help of talented people to fill in the gaps for her significant shortcomings when it comes to creating quality pop music for the masses. 

4 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Her "Tapestry" will come and bookmark me :fan: i was right about Bee having her "Diana" with Renaissance.

Sorry but after 15 years, nothing in her career has shown she has the raw talent to create a Tapestry-level album. Beyonce uses extensive writing camps and has been under the wing/married to a powerful music mogul/the wealthiest musical artist in the world since her debut. Apples to oranges

Edited by EmailMySwift

2 hours ago, SharonStone said:

Are we sure it would work for her? Perfect Illusion was about about her ex-boyfriend, which is a actor, but it didn't really help the song. 

OT: Only if she releases a good AC-friendly record and put actual effort to make it happen. The throwaway dance tracks won't click with anyone outside of circuit 35 year-old white gays.

1 hour ago, Scars said:

OT: Only if she releases a good AC-friendly record and put actual effort to make it happen. The throwaway dance tracks won't click with anyone outside of circuit 35 year-old white gays.

I think Joanne was more of an organic success for Gaga than Chromatica was. She has her dedicated gay stan base that wants generic dance pop songs and on other hand she has a more niche audience that want more acoustic material. None of those two groups are big enough to pull great numbers for her so  she cannot include one and exclude the other. She needs to be expectational in both directions.

Edited by Aristotle

1 hour ago, EmailMySwift said:

At this point, nothing. It's too late. She might as well do whatever she likes and flop/underperform on her own terms.What she could have done was release good, commercial music with the help of talented people to fill in the gaps for her significant shortcomings when it comes to creating quality pop music for the masses. 

Why is an Xtina stan posing as a Swift fan talking about anyone’s shortcomings? Gaga is the most well-rounded talent in pop bffr.

4 hours ago, Peroxide said:

It’s purely dependent on how badly she wants the era to smash.

Bad Bunny is practically begging her for a collab… and if that happens, she’ll do numbers. I also think we’re overdue for Telephone 2.0

Timing is a factor too… if she releases it post Joker, we might very well see ASIB situation unfold. Critical acclaim. Big box office… hype for the succeeding musical project.

And most importantly - it needs to be great. Chromatica was far too safe.

Bad Bunny, Lil Nas X, Harry Styles said he’d collab too. There’s plenty more that could easily boost her numbers but I  think it’s clear she doesn’t want to collab just for the hell of it.

57 minutes ago, Scars said:

Are we sure it would work for her? Perfect Illusion was about about her ex-boyfriend, which is a actor, but it didn't really help the song. 

There’s more to music than generic P!nk AC songs and generic dance tracks for gayzzz. This binary thinking is not helping anyone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.