Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?

Aethereal

Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gaga's next era outsell Joanne?

Joanne - 3,458,000 SPS

Chromatica - 3,611,000  SPS

She had hype from ASIB, more streaming friendly music and the Ariana Grade duet (which constitutes  around 40-45% of the total and daily streams) and barely outdid Joanne. Now that she wont have those things where do you think her next era will land?

(Chromatica's recurrent streams are much better than of Joanne's so the gap will increase though.) 

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• EmailMySwift

• Mystic Boy

• Aethereal

Top Posters In This Topic

It might depend on the featured artists.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

No, she had a chance at a big pop comeback with Chromatica and she blew it. Her next album will probably come out in 2025 and it won’t be pop so it will flop into oblivion. Gaga will be 39 or 40 by the time she releases her next album. 

• Like 1

Joanne did same numbers solo with PI lead adter ARTPOP… she has talent and a base/hype for her releases. So she needs a real mix on the album.  collabs, uptempo and slower songs, and a mature production. Shade HMH, but I don’t get ATRL’s obsession with pushing dance all the time -  it has horrid longevity for all the Payola, we’re not in 2012.

An album of just pure pop with hallmark’d lyrics will tank. No one is using basic pop from Gaga outside her peak years unfortunately, and I can’t see it changing so she has to approach it differently. For some reason her team/fans thought an Ariana Grande and BP collab could bring 2009 back :toofunny2:

Edited by Mr. Stratus

I don't think anything she releases will ever do truly awful. But she doesn't care anymore and isn't going to put in effort, and whatever she releases is going to have absolutely no longevity as a result. The lead will do well cause it's a new Gaga single, and the album will do solid on its first week. But that's the extent of it. 

Wait I am actually surprised at those numbers they are actually pretty good :deadbanana4: obviously not on Taylor and Adele numbers but ATRL made me think she genuinely flopped nnnn

Doubtfully. Gaga’s fanbase is imploding as we speak. She’s taking her longest break between albums and if she ditches dance-pop which is what her fans truly want, then it’s really over for her. But I fear she no longer cares and will prioritize critical acclaim and getting awards in order to cope with the lack os commercial success.

• Like 1

Idk. I love Gags but I feel like she doesnt have it in her to make truly good music anymore that people will stream en masse. She seems more interested in earning a quick buck through Horse Labs and Vegas shows because it’s easy for her and requires minimal effort. She only cares for her back catalogue as well. Chromatica rarely gets any love from her

• Like 1

Joanne had the SB to push AMR too. I’m not sure. I’d probably say no. Gaga’s albums without the singles are not that good on streaming. She might struggle. 

52 minutes ago, Kuntmonster said:

Wait I am actually surprised at those numbers they are actually pretty good :deadbanana4: obviously not on Taylor and Adele numbers but ATRL made me think she genuinely flopped nnnn

We know how certain people here like to create a narrative around her. These numbers are good and respectable.

Chromatica especially did fine, reading some people it was some "Smile" disaster level :allears:

OT: Her "Tapestry" will come and bookmark me :fan: i was right about Bee having her "Diana" with Renaissance.

I dont think so. Her mainstream pop career seems to be over, partly because she doesn't seem interested in it, partly because she doesn't know how it works. 

• Like 3

All it takes is one hit song or maybe 2 semi hits to get those kind of streaming numbers and SPS units... so its all about luck. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.