• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• Dark Miracles

• Windy Day

• Rep2000

Top Posters In This Topic

The only song that sounds like Katy is Bad Blood which was intentional and the reason why it is the most panned song from 1989.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

They aren't similar at all tbh. Both are great albums though.

Swifties acting insufferable in this thread, not surprised.

2 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Nah Katy's songs have choruses that actually hit

Style has a better chorus than any song on Prism :dies: 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

1989 was able to happen because of PRISM and Teenage Dream. It set the tone for Taylor to even want to do pop music to begin with.

Agreed with TD, but you're seriously sneaking PRISM??? Please that album had zero impact. Just being Roar and DH were successful and impactful, doesn't mean the album is too. :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, justlore said:

1989 happened just because of PRISM

:bibliahh:There is nothing sonically different or groundbreaking or trendsetting about Prism. It paved the way for nothing 

11 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Please. There’s artistry in 1989.

i really tried to get into the album when it came out i listened to it a lot but it just sounds like algorithmic, corporate music... i really fail to see the alleged artistry, no shade :redface:

Actually, Katy Perry invented Max Martin and her panned music is inspiring everyone. The Weeknd, Ariana, Britney, P!nk etc. were also inspired by Teenage Dream and Prism cause they worked with Max Martin in the same decade as Katy Perry. 

Edited by Blank Space

JISM? no. Not even close. Honestly, the only thing about the 1989 era that can maybe be attributed to Katy is having the fourth single come with a big rap remix about a year after the album to re-launch the era. That's it. 

14 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

it just sounds like algorithmic, corporate music...

You’re saying this to defend Katy Perry of all people btw

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

You’re saying this to defend Katy Perry of all people btw

i'm not defending katy sjdkkfsdlk her music is **** too but taylor is unlistenable to me. she just makes h&m music idk

3 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Style has a better chorus than any song on Prism :dies: 

I don't hear it. Her verses or pre-choruses are practically always stronger than her choruses, which makes her songs very anticlimactic and weak sounding. But I grew up with a certain calibre and quality of pop music, so I'm attuned to pop choruses that basically punch you the **** out I guess. No room for milquetoast

1 minute ago, Dark Miracles said:

I don't hear it. Her verses or pre-choruses are practically always stronger than her choruses, which makes her songs very anticlimactic and weak sounding. But I grew up with a certain calibre and quality of pop music, so I'm attuned to pop choruses that basically punch you the **** out I guess. No room for milquetoast

If the lyrics of the choruses are bottom of the barrel trash like Roar, This Is How We So etc... who cares

Talking about a certain caliber and quality of pop music while defending...Prism

:deadbanana:

48 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

If the lyrics of the choruses are bottom of the barrel trash like Roar, This Is How We So etc... who cares

Talking about a certain caliber and quality of pop music while defending...Prism

:deadbanana:

I'm not talking about lyrics?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.