GUTS vs midnights- Better Album?

Rv1709

Better album?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Better album?

• Guts
    • Midnights

The Midnights highlights are literally just LH, Anti Hero and WCS. The rest are ok to bleh

GUTS is just outstanding from start to finish, the bops cant un bop themselves and the ballads are so well written melody wise!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Punky Rooster

• Steve Johnson

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Axelios

25 minutes ago, Klein said:

Time for an ear-check then 

Not really, she sings everything the same, her range doesn’t move, the tempo may change slightly but it all blends together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't even find a song to like in guts

at first listen I picked 3 or 4 tracks, but when I listened to them again they became plain

Edited by AaronBryceSufjan

Just now, Punky Rooster said:

Not really, she sings everything the same, her range doesn’t move, the tempo may change slightly but it all blends together.

Yes you urgently need the ear-check

It’s hard to decide now as GUTS just came out but I love GUTS more right off the bat, but Midnights did some longevity damage to me because I love it more and more a time passed by, I am still obsessed with it, I don’t get the “mid” jokes because it’s a top tier Taylor album for me.

I am going to vote for Midnights because of the chokehold it had on me for a long time.

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed Guts on my first listen, but Snow on the Beach and The Great War are too perfect to be destroyed easily. 

Midnights is amazingly good & I’m still not convinced users on ATRL aren’t pretending to hate it more than they actually do. 

• Like 2

I love both but GUTS is more cohesive and has more interesting production

I just tried giving this Olivia chick a spin and... y'all can't be serious :toofunny2:

The epitome of highschool diary lyrics paired with the most irritating indie girl bananees and avovadees cursive singing. :lmao:.

Taylor I am SO sorry they keep comparing you to this little Teen Vogue girl.

• Thanks 1

this is such a unserious comparison. midnights is bland and dull and boring. guts is incredible. not really fair to taylor.

Midnights is not my favorite from Taylor but Guts felt like such a downgrade for me :noparty: 

so Midnights

Guts by FAAAAAAAAAAAAR

midnights is a blatantly boring, basic, bad album. 

Guts is a brilliant and beautiful work of art. Not a fare comparison 

Edited by lostcause

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.