Olivia directly addresses Taylor-situation on new GUTS song?

favorite crime

It’s definitely *techinically* about a relationship lol

but imo there’s also an intentional double entendre in there about Taylor, her mind!

• Like 3

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FolkLover1989

• Jjang

• Aaron

• Squall

This is definetly about her idc what anyone says 

The line "You have everything and you still want more" makes it so obvious

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I can pretty easily see it being about that situation, but some lines make me think it’s not a hundred percent clear. If this is actually about Taylor, then let’s hope that’s the last either of them says on that so the people fixated on these two women’s relationship can move on with their lives (mostly to something else they think Taylor did wrong, I’m sure). And if that is what this song is about, then I think she at least expressed her hurt feelings over the situation maturely and honestly - if a little bit presumptuously pointed in one or two lines, which I don’t think we can fault her for feeling. We don’t really know what actually happened, after all. Hopefully, whatever this song is about, the recording and release of this song has helped her to process. That’s the point of it all, after all.

How brainwashed did you let atrl get you? :rip: it’s about a guy it’s obvious. When the hell was she this close to Taylor to feel this betrayed? Come on  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

People calling her obsessed as if we all aren't on a pop culture forum talking about our faves everyday. She had that same thing with Taylor so why are you calling her out and invalidating her feelings when you would probably feel the same.

One day you praise Taylor for building such a strong bond with her fans and then you shame one of those fans for being obsessed.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Orsay said:

It’s definitely *techinically* about a relationship lol

but imo there’s also an intentional double entendre in there about Taylor, her mind!

She did this with vampire too. Surface level it seems to be a song about a boy, but when you pay attention to the lyrics it's really about Taylor. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, DeepEnd said:

She did this with vampire too. Surface level it seems to be a song about a boy, but when you pay attention to the lyrics it's really about Taylor. 

Vampire is really not about Taylor though, doesn't look at all. This is more fishy tho.

• Like 1

Of course she won't make the shade too obvious, but there's an underlying meaning behind a couple of GUTS tracks and I think you are blind if you deny it

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Wow, Taylor should be ASHAMED of herself. So sad, sounds like it traumatized Olivia for life. I expect nothing less than a public apology from Taylor and full royalties restored to Miss Olivia. :siptea:

bffr

This entire era is going to be based on people guessing who the songs are about like that **** actually matters.  Why do people care who a song is about?

this is just SO funny to me, like this girl 

1) made her entire debut single/era about being a Taylor stan 

2) openly admitted to being :mrpeanut: inspired :mrpeanut: by her music 

and now she wants to play the victim because they came to collect on a song that rips off Taylor’s? besides, we know from Jack that this wasn’t their doing. sis ain’t slick :rip: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, TaylorNation said:

and now she wants to play the victim because they came to collect on a song that rips off Taylor’s? besides, we know from Jack that this wasn’t their doing. sis ain’t slick :rip: 

Jack has made it perfectly clear they didn't knew about the credit situation 

If Taylor demanded,  she would've informed Jack first. They like hang out everyday :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

This entire era is going to be based on people guessing who the songs are about like that **** actually matters.  Why do people care who a song is about?

especially because it’s about a bunch of D and Z listers :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Starchild said:

How brainwashed did you let atrl get you? :rip: it’s about a guy it’s obvious. When the hell was she this close to Taylor to feel this betrayed? Come on  

I think you’re mistaken in some of your assumptions about my perspective. I said “I can see it being about that,” not that I know or believe it to be. I also mentioned that some lines made me question that, by which I mean that same line about betrayal and the lines aboth “undying love” and “you’re still everything to me.” I then qualified every other line with “if it’s about that” for a reason. I have never been an Olivia vs. Taylor feud truther, I have never been fully convinced that there’s any “beef” like some users, and I still remain as skeptical as anyone should, given that these are people whose lives we don’t know and presuming conflict between them is born out of our culture’s desire to use conflict between women as a commodity for consumption. I’m not brainwashed at all - I see the situation quite clearly, at least as far as we all can, but I feel that should include at least acknowledging the possibility that this is Olivia’s expression of her feelings about the situation, even if I personally err on the side of thinking that the feud narrative is misguided.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

SO many artists are inspired by Taylor (including her close friends) yet only Olivia has beef with Taylor. And the olives are trying to put the blame on Taylor :rip:

I’m sorry but is that fanbase really talking about playing the victim and being obsessed?

Anyway, let’s not make Olivia’s release about that girl.

Edited by airplane
  • Like 1

Lyrics read a bit cringy, but I hope she lets this thing rest after this era. Her whole career can’t be built off addressing Taylor bs, I’m tired. 

• Like 1

I can tell the people forcing this song to be about Taylor don't actually even like Olivia cause why would you want her to look like such a loser? 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

Taylor launched a feud over back up dancers but Olivia feeling betrayed by someone she actually looked up to is what is extreme and "obsessive" :skull:

The hypocrisy of this fanbase is what baffles me all the time lol

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.