Were you expecting Taylor's level of success for Gaga?

shyboi

Were you expecting Taylor's level of success for Gaga?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Were you expecting Taylor's level of success for Gaga?

• Yes.
    • No.

18 hours ago, lonnie said:

What was Joanne? I thought that had country/folk influences?

Because some ballads have guitar and piano? y'all don't know how country, folk music really sounds like

Edited by shyboi
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• GraceRandolph

• better than revenge

• EmailMySwift

12 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I don't think that's what the user implied. But it's a fact that Gaga did give up because she's surrounded with dumb people and can't properly lunch an era

THIS:giraffe:

She made made her own bed by constantly associating herself with terrible people. R. Kelly, Perez Hilton, Terry Richardson, Joe Germanotta, Marina Abramovic, and her old manager. Really disgusting person.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Because some ballads have guitar and piano? y'all don't know what country, folk music really sounds like

Well damn, sorry to the country and folk genres in that case. It was never that serious.

• Haha 3

Just now, lonnie said:

Well damn, sorry to the country and folk genres in that case. It was never that serious.

lol, tbh that made me laugh, thank you, i needed this this morning :heart:

On 9/3/2023 at 1:20 PM, liam13 said:

no, not even swifties expecting current taylor's level of success for taylor herself

this

On 9/3/2023 at 10:20 AM, liam13 said:

no, not even swifties expecting current taylor's level of success for taylor herself

So true, but I always knew Taylor had more musical talent and business savvy than Gaga. 

• Thumbs Down 1

The main difference is taylor’s productivity which is directly from her ability to create music all by herself … 

7 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

I don't think that's what the user implied. But it's a fact that Gaga did give up because she's surrounded with dumb people and can't properly lunch an era

Right, monsters need to stop blaming everyone on her team. she seems like the kind of person who calls the shots. 

3 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

So true, but I always knew Taylor had more musical talent and business savvy than Gaga. 

More hardworking too

9 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

@lostcause put it best:

She was lucky to debut in the mid aughts, if you were in middle school at the time, her career makes sense. 

American youth culture in 2006-2010 

would be unrecognizable to kids and teenagers today.  A twelve year old white girl in 2007 had more in common with her 1980s counterpart, fitting in was in.

In 2023, young people measure social capital by what makes them unique. They celebrate their differences, and publicize what makes them special. 

In 2006, the opposite was true, peculiarity was ostracized while “normal” was idolized.

Wouldn't this make 2023's climate extremely more favorable to Gaga and everything you say she ever represented? Something isn't adding up

If Gaga would have continued making music with Fernando and RedOne, would she have still maintained her success with ArtPop? I'm just curious considering her notable hits had their input. However, I assume they would have had to modernise their sound to 2013 standards as well.

Acting is where Lady GaGa’s heart lies(after ARTPOP’s performance). I feel sorry for little monsters, because that’s not what they originally stood for. 

As I said in the thread asking if Olivia will have Taylor success, it's not fair to compare these ladies to the biggest female artist of all time. So stop asking. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.