Could Christina Aguilera comeback and have her 'ray of light' era?

Mr. Stratus

Arguably one of the most forgotten MPGs to have debuted in the last 20 years 

Could she come back to the public consciousness with a pop era?

She still looks good and still has a fantastic voice

960x0.png?format=png&width=960

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I54X

• JustHoran

• Mr. Stratus

• Antikythera

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Paw Patrol is really huge, so the potential is there. She just has to play her cards right. 

• Haha 9

No. She can serve quality and get her flowers from fans and those who still care, but I think the ship for chart success has sailed for a long time for her.

Christina had a shot during the run of Say Something, she should've followed that song with a solo single and go all out for AC/Hot AC radio, but it's too late now.

Her label/team should focus now on reintroduce her catalog to new pop listeners, the streaming stats of her big hits are abysmal for someone that felt so inescapable back in 1999-2003.

Edited by Scars

Unfortunately I think she's been out of the public consciousness too long for there to be any demand for a comeback. I also don't know if she'd be able to deliver a consistent project like RoL since even in her concept albums her track listings tend to be too long and there are a few songs that miss the mark.

If she ever made a 12-13 track album full of midtempos and ballads I could see it being eaten up by critics. Xtina should've done this during her peak cause such an album could've become a modern classic in the vein of RoL. Love her though.

at this point she's gonna have to breakthrough again. either that or wait for a Tiktok hit. but we all know she don't give no f*cks so it's highly unlikely :coffee2:

She would have do a bunch of boring Say Something ballads for an album and I really don't want that. :rip:

I would not be surprised to see her older work like Stripped or B2B gain popularity on Tiktok and have newer gens discover her that way. 

I don't think she can craft an album on that level. She is just not that type of girl

But she could have a Believe moment with the right ballad

• Like 1

She doesn't have it in her to do a cohesive, solid album, even at her best, her albums were filled to the brim with shitty fillers. 

• Like 1

A cute comeback deffo.

If she collabs with fairly big artists and actually has material that can connect with today's youth - even not Youth. I can easily see her doing music that can cater to a wide audience (a la prime Adele) but she needs good sounding stuff and not just a Ballad.

Also, she needs to ditch RCA.

they do give her money surprisingly, but she can deffo use a better team and everything as a whole
(her glam/visual squad is amazing tho)

No. Honestly, she should just perform her old hits and be a nostalgic act because I don't see her ever getting a hit ever again, honestly. And this is no shade but the GP has just moved on from her and her music doesn't sell. She can still release music for her fans though, but I think she is over. She's been over for a long time.

22 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

A cute comeback deffo.

If she collabs with fairly big artists and actually has material that can connect with today's youth - even not Youth. I can easily see her doing music that can cater to a wide audience (a la prime Adele) but she needs good sounding stuff and not just a Ballad.

Also, she needs to ditch RCA.

they do give her money surprisingly, but she can deffo use a better team and everything as a whole
(her glam/visual squad is amazing tho)

Where will she go when RCA drops her? :rip: Let's be realistic here. She hasn't been a big artist in over a decade. I guess she could be independent.

She gave us debut and Stripped and those are great pop albums (especially Stripped which is her best album) so atleast she does have that for her.

Yes. Paw Patrol is huge and can give her a hit + her manager thinks she is yet to peak. 

• Haha 3

it's baffling how she doesn't have the ability to make one great album anymore. :rip:

She can when it comes to voice and looks

I don’t think the public is here for it unfortunately 

But with the right producers..I would hope so!

It’s unfair because I feel that the world is hungry and rooting for Britney, but not for Xtina, and the world should be hungry for both! 

• Like 1

I don’t think she really wants to have a big comeback, I think she’s happy with where she’s at.

3 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

It’s unfair because I feel that the world is hungry and rooting for Britney, but not for Xtina, and the world should be hungry for both! 

I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two. Considering they had very different life circumstances. 

She can’t have a hit. She just needs to right song, and actually make herself more public by doing events. She needs to be more active music wise. It’s ridiculous how little music she has released in her career. 

18 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

I love them both but the world (especially gen z) isn't hungry for any of these two. 

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

I don't think she can craft an album on that level. She is just not that type of girl

But she could have a Believe moment with the right ballad

i think ballads lend themselves to the streaming era way more

her old ballads like beautiful and hurt do bad streams but so do a lot other MPG old ballads

whereas in streaming era its the other way round, the ballads last longer than the pop. Digital era, peaks meant a hell of a lot more.

a soft spoken tenderi think could work for her

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.