STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Could Christina Aguilera comeback and have her 'ray of light' era?

Mr. Stratus

The Aguilera album was promised to be the return to Spanish-language music for a Latin American public that's been supposedly hungry for her music. But honestly, aside from Pa Mis Muchachas one or two times I barely heard any of her new songs on the radio and both the album and the songs barely made an impact on the charts even at an all-time peak of popularity of Spanish-language music.

Maybe it should've been promoted and released properly because lbr all of it was horribly handled :rip:, but as it was mentioned before, I don't think she really cares about stuff like that anymore... or maybe she really does but is also aware of her commercial limitations at this point :doc: I don't really see her doing something that's gonna get huge critical acclaim a-la-Ray of Light either, though I def can see her winning a couple more Grammys.

That said, she does have a legacy, plenty of hits throughout the years with the potential to go viral again. Pulling off a Nelly Furtado and having your career "revived" off of online popularity for her catalog is something I wouldn't rule out entirely :michael:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I54X

• JustHoran

• Mr. Stratus

• Antikythera

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, La Reina said:

Why not? It's the streaming era where any song can take off by simply resonating with the public. And people in here are really doing the most when Xtina made Stripped, of course she's capable of creating a ROL-type album (with much better vocals too).

Now, there is just one question left:

Does she want it?

I think she's content with where she is career-wise despite all the drags she gets over her chart positions/streams. Is this really so hard to believe for some people? 

She truly couldn't care less

10 hours ago, TRF. said:

The Aguilera album was promised to be the return to Spanish-language music for a Latin American public that's been supposedly hungry for her music. But honestly, aside from Pa Mis Muchachas one or two times I barely heard any of her new songs on the radio and both the album and the songs barely made an impact on the charts even at an all-time peak of popularity of Spanish-language music.

Maybe it should've been promoted and released properly because lbr all of it was horribly handled :rip:, but as it was mentioned before, I don't think she really cares about stuff like that anymore... or maybe she really does but is also aware of her commercial limitations at this point :doc: I don't really see her doing something that's gonna get huge critical acclaim a-la-Ray of Light either, though I def can see her winning a couple more Grammys.

That said, she does have a legacy, plenty of hits throughout the years with the potential to go viral again. Pulling off a Nelly Furtado and having your career "revived" off of online popularity for her catalog is something I wouldn't rule out entirely :michael:

She basically released it as if it was intended for her Anglo audience. She needed to visit TV shows and promote 

She totally ****** up her career with the long breaks, the drastic image and sound changes.

One of the biggest wasted potential ever.

She had a good run has a strong legacy and remains a Pop Icon :bird:

She's proven she's able to do amazing, cohesive albums like Stripped and Back To Basics but I don't think she's no longer inspired nor that committed to music. Ray Of Light Madonna was hungry in a way Christina isn't.

15 hours ago, Katamari said:

Her ballads are her bread and butter and key to her having a comeback but she keeps wanting to make Hoe bops. It’s kind of funny tbh since only one of those songs became a hit and has been overshadowed by the ballads on that album :rip: 

It's not a crime for someone like Xtina releases hoe bops but sometimes, her "hoe bops" aren't even bops so.... :skull:

2 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

She totally ****** up her career with the long breaks, the drastic image and sound changes.

One of the biggest wasted potential ever.

She had a good run has a strong legacy and remains a Pop Icon :bird:

I’m not a big fan of her but not a hater, some of her fans especially later on made me shady at times catse of the way they were acting (this was around late 2021). But I have some fond memories of being super young listening to moulin rouge on a CD my cousin bought :dies: then me and my sister would play tomb raider 3 with stripped cd on (I’m from England that era was a legit smash here). I think she deserves a send off hit :giraffe:

• Like 1

Her vocals are her signature so she better not alter her artistic DNA 24 years into her career... 

9 minutes ago, shyboi said:

She just needs a good, catchy ballad and to control her vocals.

I believe she could always make a comeback if she wants, but that’s the thing: I don’t think she’s after that anymore. I feel like she’s content to make music and tour for her fanbase. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.