Taylor Swift - The Eras Tour | On-demand on December 13

ariananext

She's gonna break Bieber's record with just two days of showing atp. 

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vale9001

• ariananext

• Enrique523

• Dear Reader

That's around like 2m tickets  :ghostface:

Adeles 25 record is bones we need every ticket to come with a 1989 tv cd bundle :mandown:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

anyways trackers are saying now

25M friday 

65M saturday

65M sunday

155M first weeeknd  :rip:

first day is so weak cause no one knows why showings are only from 6PM, while saturday and sunday all day 

don't they usually preview movies on thursday evenings, then do all day for the entire weekend?

so it's probably has a thing to do with her 13 obsession, where she'll have the red carpet premiere on friday the 13th :dies:

9 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

don't they usually preview movies on thursday evenings, then do all day for the entire weekend?

so it's probably has a thing to do with her 13 obsession, where she'll have the red carpet premiere on friday the 13th :dies:

no previews. At least untill now. Let's see if something change, especially after the exorcist moved from the same release date.

The thing i really don't explain is why on friday the showings are only from 6PM. Even thursday previews nowadays have showings from 3 PM. 

It's even worst than a preview day. 

The real weekend is basically 2.5 days, not 3. Every big movie has matinee showings also on Friday.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 11:09 AM, vale9001 said:

wide release

it's important to make also a difference in term of distribution

Hannah montana only has 683 theaters, Micheal Jackson movie got 3200 theaters. 

I didn't remember some of these concerts made so many money. The eras tour is a cultural moment not less big than all of that so with imax and everything maybe some people here are right. No way it's doing less than hannah montana. Especially with at least double of screens. 40M should be possible.And then who knows. 

And she did nearly 40m in a day of presales :deadbanana2: 

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

And she did nearly 40m in a day of presales :deadbanana2: 

I don't even know why people are surprised at this point :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Apparently studios only give theaters 10% of profits? AMC is getting 43% 

30% is what Disney usually gives theaters for their biggest tentpole blockbusters.

So Taylor was quite generous with her split, compared to the studios at least.

42 minutes ago, Feanor said:

30% is what Disney usually gives theaters for their biggest tentpole blockbusters.

So Taylor was quite generous with her split, compared to the studios at least.

No wonder why the studios are mad and nickpicking at her price tags.

2 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

this is why we can't have nice things

And not because Hollywood is refusing to pay their workers properly? :coffee2:

But sure, it's because of a concert movie...

They really need to make this a wide release, some think she could overtake No Way Home if they do.

2 hours ago, Toxicity. said:

Apparently studios only give theaters 10% of profits? AMC is getting 43% 

i don't have a source i can post but from what i read for years in the box office experts forums in america theaters gets around 50% of the ticket price...maybe something less but definitely not only 10%

for what i read in china (for american movies) they took around the 70% and producers only make 30%. 

Edited by vale9001

I was reading the box-office subreddit and most people are predicting an opening weekend north of +$100M (some even say that +$180M is plausible)...

Apparently, independent cinemas can also join the simultaneous release, which would greatly improve the film's reach and potential opening boxscore. This is very exciting 

That tweet said she spent ten million on the movie? Like, on what, the cameras?

10 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

That tweet said she spent ten million on the movie? Like, on what, the cameras?

Do you think those cameras operated themselves? That filming a 4 hour show three times from 10+ angles with top of the line filming equipment just.. happens? :priceless:

She’s Truly the Marvel + Star War of Music :jonny5: 

59 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Do you think those cameras operated themselves? That filming a 4 hour show three times from 10+ angles with top of the line filming equipment just.. happens? :priceless:

So...cameras then

She needs to make sure the 1989 announcement is part of the movie. Damn, that one is gonna pull some numbers. 

We better get a live album down the line after the film is out :gaycat6:

At least once it goes on streaming though someone will rip the audio like with Rep, but I'd prefer a legit album (not that Taylor needs even MORE of my coins) :gaycat6:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.