Billboard: Demi has moved 9.7M album units in the US

Scars

1 minute ago, Carter said:

first of all lies, i don’t comment on demi i defend selena from people like u trying to degrade her success 

i would like to see the receipts pls

Receipts are in the OP. The title literally says "BILLBOARD". :deadbanana4:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corotinho

• thatsmydemi

• Carter

• MonsterNavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, thatsmydemi said:

Receipts are in the OP. The title literally says "BILLBOARD". :deadbanana4:

i meant the receipts about lying on my name i would love to see u support what you said about me… because i could care less about demi i only quote demi stans trying it

• Confused 1

Just now, Carter said:

that’s she’s on the same level :hippo:

no one said the number are lies but how many albums does she has lol

8 and 2 soundtracks how about that

Trust me, we all know in what level Demi is. We are all aware of Demi's career current state. We are all aware of the fact that she doesn't seem to care about success. 

It's you Selena stans the ones who seem to be having a hard time accepting that Demi is not even 3 millions behind Selena and when people (non-stans) started pointing it out, some of you began your mental acrobatics to make Demi look bad because you can't accept what it is. 

Yes, Demi has more albums and maybe they are counting Camp Rock (we don't really know though). But numbers are there. They are also counting Hannah Montana for Miley and I don't see you losing your **** over it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

Trust me, we all know in what level Demi is. We are all aware of Demi's career current state. We are all aware of the fact that she doesn't seem to care about success. 

It's you Selena stans the ones who seem to be having a hard time accepting that Demi is not even 3 millions behind Selena and when people (non-stans) started pointing it out, some of you began your mental acrobatics to make Demi look bad because you can't accept what it is. 

Yes, Demi has more albums and maybe they are counting Camp Rock (we don't really know though). But numbers are there. They are also counting Hannah Montana for Miley and I don't see you losing your **** over it. 

the one one who make demi look bad is demi

im done 

have a nice day

Just now, Carter said:

the one one who make demi look bad is demi

im done 

have a nice day

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

woman-pen.gif

• Haha 1

I wonder if they are counting the Sonny With a Chance soundtrack. It was above 200k when it was released I believe. I'm sure she is above 10M if they count it. :fan:

36 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Selenators do not care? :ahh:

Then explain why they keep talking about it:

Not to mention that you have been perched in every Demi thread talking about what a flop she is :toofunny3:

I do not randomly comment on demi threads unlike demi stans. I only insert myself when I see selena's name so please :rip: 

meanwhile, check the single soon thread and demi stans are liking negative posts about the song and unliking the positive ones. we are not the same :toofunny3: 

ot: demi biggest album seller ever

47 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Selenators do not care? :ahh:

Then explain why they keep talking about it:

Not to mention that you have been perched in every Demi thread talking about what a flop she is :toofunny3:

I can't talk about the others. The one lovatic who came to me to say that i'm obsessed when i was just answering the quote who talked about Selena :gaycat6:

The last thing i want is compare Selena and Demi, they are not on the same level and Selena don't deserve this (no shade)

10 hours ago, corotinho said:

They started the article mentioning Camp Rock. Even if not, there are still 8 albums x 6 from Selena (Don’t Forget, Here We Go Again, Unbroken, Demi, Confident, Tell Me You Love Me, The Art of Letting Flop and Holy Flop x Kiss & Tell, A Year Without Rain, When the Sun Goes Down, Stars Dance, Revival and Rare). Taking by the media: 1,9M per album. Selena would be with +4M for her total. 15,5M, not really close of 9,7M as people running here to say n:gaycat5:

Selena's average is lower than 1.9M/album, you forgot to include Revelacion (EP) and For You (GH) on her overall numbers, the latter being her most-consumed album to date, according to Billboard. Career sales figures include everything under the artist name and those two projects are proper Selena releases, even if they aren't studio albums.

Things get confusing a bit when it comes to Camp Rock because there's several other artists involved. In the first soundtrack, Demi only sings 4 out of the 12 songs, not really the same scenario as Hannah Montana or Selena Gomez & The Scene, that's why I'm not so sure Billboard included those pure sales for her. 

Edited by Scars

2 minutes ago, Scars said:

Selena's average is lower than 1.9M/album, you forgot to include Revelacion (EP) and For You (GH) on her overall numbers, the latter being her most-consumed album to date, according to Billboard. Career sales figures include everything under the artist name and those two projects are proper Selena releases, even if they aren't studio albums.

Things get confusing a bit when it comes to Camp Rock because there's several other artists involved. In the first soundtrack, Demi only sings 4 out of the 12 songs, not really the same scenario as Hannah Montana or Selena Gomez & The Scene, that's why I'm not so sure Billboard included those pure sales for her. 

Revelacion is an spanish ep, it shouldn't count as an full english album. Are you telling me that Revelacion is meant to sell the same as an full english album? :deadbanana4: If not, it shouldn't count for Selena's average (take note that all of Demi's 8 albums are full english albums).

For You wasn't considered as an full album on Billboard count:

Kiss & Tell: 1,7M

A Year Withou Rain: 1,22M

When The Sun Goes Down: 2,05M

Stars Dance: 1,4M

Revival: 2,55M

Rare: 1,1M

Revelacion: 0,5M

10,52M

For You comes with nearly 1M SPS for Selena's total. They only figured that For You is the most consumed album, but they only counted 1M of it for the total. Only The Heart Wants What It Wants, Do It and the new remixes into Selena's totals, not LYLALS, Naturally, CAGI, Slow Down and other singles 2x :bird:

As for Demi, take a look at the post i did in the first page where i counted all of her albums based on her sales thread. There's no way that she did 9,7M without Camp Rock. And Billboard always included it for Demi's totals (even if in the first soundtrack she only sang 4 songs).

842M views + 482M streams on Spotify + nearly 1,8M US downloads. It can easily move 1M for For You taking US stats.:bird:

Anyway, stream that anthem :heart2:

12 hours ago, Scars said:

Miley - 30.7M album units

Ariana - 19.4M

Selena - 11.5M

Demi - 9.7M

And to think that Miley was dragged to be fighting for the last spot of the Ex-Acts :deadbanana2:

The way ATRL underrated (and still does) her!!

ot: The fighting in here :ahh:

Not taking any sides but according to billboard articles this is how it goes.

Selena:

Selena Gomez has sold 3.6 million albums in the U.S., including her Selena Gomez & the Scene credits. She has shifted more than 11.5 million album equivalent units. Her best-selling album in pure sales is 2009’s Kiss and Tell, with 932,000 copies sold. Gomez’s overall most-consumed album is For You, her 2014 greatest-hits collection, with 2.9 million units shifted.

Demi:

Hi Estenio,

For Lovatics everywhere, here is a look at the singer’s career U.S. album sales and her most-streamed on-demand songs, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data (through Feb. 13).

Album Sales (pure)
551,000, Don’t Forget; 532,000, Unbroken; 516,000, Here We Go Again; 490,000, Demi; 249,000, Tell Me You Love Me; 245,000, Confident 

https://www.billboard.com/pro/demi-lovato-career-sales-streams-ask-billboard-mailbag/  (2020)

Throughout her career, Lovato has earned 9.7 million equivalent album units, sold 23.9 million song downloads and her songs have collectively registered 7.7 billion U.S. on-demand streams in the U.S., according to Luminate.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/demi-lovato-signs-caa-revamped/  (2023)

They never included and will never include camp rock in her album sales which is logical since Billboard even decrease album sales when some track is on two different albums ( example : Prisoner by Dua and Miley) .

I think atp It's very clear Demi and Selena are on par with each other, Selena might have a small edge but they both are close to each other in the US. 

Can y'all stop arguing now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corotinho said:

Are you telling me that Revelacion is meant to sell the same as an full english album? :deadbanana4: If not, it shouldn't count for Selena's average (take note that all of Demi's 8 albums are full english albums).

For You wasn't considered as an full album on Billboard count:

Kiss & Tell: 1,7M

A Year Withou Rain: 1,22M

When The Sun Goes Down: 2,05M

Stars Dance: 1,4M

Revival: 2,55M

Rare: 1,1M

Revelacion: 0,5M

10,52M

That's fine, but if you don't think it's fair to include Revelación for her average sales per album, you'll also need to remove first the EAS units coming from it on her total sales figure in order to calculate her average/album. Either way, it's going to be lower than 1.9M/album. 

Chartdata has Revival at 2.3M units, that was already discussed in a thread here days ago, so the album breakdown stats seems slightly inflated, tbh. Not to mention Selena has a substantial amount of EAS coming from her orphan sales (droplet singles).

OT: Demi didn't do as bad as I was previously told. She may be the least successful among the ex-acts, but the gap between Selena and her is clearly much closer than the gap between Selena and Miley/Ariana.

Edited by Scars

Selena is way bigger than Demi and anyone that says otherwise is delusional :dies:

Demi's stats are tragic 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Demi's stats are tragic 

Her stats are average. If her stats were tragic then Selena's stats are tragic in the US as well according to Billboard at least.

Facts are facts and numbers are numbers.

30 minutes ago, Scars said:

That's fine, but if you don't think it's fair to include Revelación for her average sales per album, you'll also need to remove first the EAS units coming from it on her total sales figure in order to calculate her average/album. Either way, it's going to be lower than 1.9M/album. 

Chartdata has Revival at 2.3M units, that was already discussed in a thread here days ago, so the album breakdown stats seems slightly inflated, tbh. Not to mention Selena has a substantial amount of EAS coming from her orphan sales (droplet singles).

OT: Demi didn't do as bad as I was previously told. She may be the least successful among the ex-acts, but the gap between Selena and her is clearly much closer than the gap between Selena and Miley/Ariana.

oh -500k so :gaycat5:

Plus: her orphan sales aren't included on her total Billboard album units :deadbanana4:

The gap between her and Selena is almost 6M including two albums by the average, not that far away from the gap between Selena and Ariana (8M) :bird:

It's the same to say that Selena is bigger than Olivia Rodrigo when Selena has 6 albums and Olivia only 1 :bird:

I am actually surprised at the Demi numbers. For sure thought it would be way lower. Dancing with the Devil at 700k is so surprising :eek: :clap3: 

I kinda wish Holy **** did better. Such a brilliant album, but the genre change is pretty sharp so I understand why it's not as accepted by the pop Lovatics.

And yeah, her numbers not being too far from Selena is interesting. Selena had the huge hits but somehow those didn't translate much to album sales. And her Spanish album should count, it's her decision to release that album and it was her hard work and dedication. Just because it brings down her average doesn't mean it should not count.

Miley's number are super impressive especially after the drought that she had during the She is Coming and YOunger Now eras.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Duff said:

I am actually surprised at the Demi numbers. For sure thought it would be way lower. Dancing with the Devil at 700k is so surprising :eek: :clap3: 

I kinda wish Holy **** did better. Such a brilliant album, but the genre change is pretty sharp so I understand why it's not as accepted by the pop Lovatics.

And yeah, her numbers not being too far from Selena is interesting. Selena had the huge hits but somehow those didn't translate much to album sales. And her Spanish album should count, it's her decision to release that album and it was her hard work and dedication. Just because it brings down her average doesn't mean it should not count.

Miley's number are super impressive especially after the drought that she had during the She is Coming and YOunger Now eras.

Funny how a spanish ep can be bigger than a whole english album by Demi and you manage to say that they are not too far away from each other :ahh:

17 minutes ago, corotinho said:

The gap between her and Selena is almost 6M including two albums by the average, not that far away from the gap between Selena and Ariana (8M).

There's no way to know Selena's average sales by album will maintain the same after two albums from now. What we know today is that Selena still is closer to Demi than she is to the other ex-act girls.

Enough with the messy mental acrobatics, it's really not that deep. :toofunny3:

Edited by Scars
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Funny how a spanish ep can be bigger than a whole english album by Demi and you manage to say that they are not too far away from each other :ahh:

But the reported numbers are not too far away - 11M vs 9M. Take it p with Billboard if you cannot accept that.

I can acknowledge that Demi is the least successful ex-act but she is still successful and she is not far away from Selena's figures. I can also acknowledge that Selena has the bigger hits. And yes the Spanish album is bigger than Holy ****. But I reiterate, I am surprised and happy for Demi that the numbers are not too far away. :-*

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.