Billboard: Demi has moved 9.7M album units in the US

Scars

They've also updated Lovato's overall single sales and streaming figures:

Throughout her career, Lovato has earned 9.7 million equivalent album units, sold 23.9 million song downloads and her songs have collectively registered 7.7 billion U.S. on-demand streams in the U.S., according to Luminate. Next month, Lovato will release Revamped, featuring rock versions of the artist’s hit songs. With all new vocals and production, the 10-track album will allow Lovato to reimagine her career-defining songs with a fresh perspective that reflects her current artistic vision.

Read more: https://www.billboard.com/pro/demi-lovato-signs-caa-revamped/

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corotinho

• thatsmydemi

• Carter

• Scars

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told shes an unknown flop… thats a sizable number in the USA. Excellent figures. To deny shes an accomplished artist is delusional

12 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

I was told shes an unknown flop… thats a sizable number in the USA. Excellent figures. To deny shes an accomplished artist is delusional

I’m quite surprised of these figures considering how under certified her albums are, confident & TMYLM are the only ones platinum while the previous are gold 💀

Edited by Yog

Someone said Demi isn't too far from Selena when apparently she's sold 3 times more. :rip:

I don't know what makes stans of B and C teir pop girls afraid to say the obvious. Someone is overhyped for all the press and drama that they bring on twitter and IG. Demi has don't absolutely well for herself and could have went further if not for her obvious issues. 

32 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Someone said Demi isn't too far from Selena when apparently she's sold 3 times more. :rip:

No. Billboard has updated the career stats of all four ex-acts this week, these are the numbers:

Miley - 30.7M album units

Ariana - 19.4M

Selena - 11.5M

Demi - 9.7M

Demi is obviously the least successful among the group, but her numbers really aren't that far from Selena's, at least in the US.

Edited by Scars
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scars said:

No. Billboard has updated the career stats of all four ex-acts this week, these are the numbers:

Miley - 30.7M album units

Ariana - 19.4M

Selena - 11.5M

Demi - 9.7M

Demi is obviously the least successful among the group, but her numbers really aren't that far from Selena's, at least in the US.

daym miley

1 hour ago, wish said:

Not too far from Selena tbh

In this case they are adding Camp Rock to her catalogue. So she has like 10 albums compared to 6 from Selena

8 minutes ago, corotinho said:

In this case they are adding Camp Rock to her catalogue. So she has like 10 albums compared to 6 from Selena

They only mention her seven studio albums in the article though.

Just now, Scars said:

They only mention her seven studio albums in the article though.

They started the article mentioning Camp Rock. Even if not, there are still 8 albums x 6 from Selena (Don’t Forget, Here We Go Again, Unbroken, Demi, Confident, Tell Me You Love Me, The Art of Letting Flop and Holy Flop x Kiss & Tell, A Year Without Rain, When the Sun Goes Down, Stars Dance, Revival and Rare). Taking by the media: 1,9M per album. Selena would be with +4M for her total. 15,5M, not really close of 9,7M as people running here to say :gaycat5:

6 minutes ago, corotinho said:

They started the article mentioning Camp Rock. Even if not, there are still 8 albums x 6 from Selena (Don’t Forget, Here We Go Again, Unbroken, Demi, Confident, Tell Me You Love Me, The Art of Letting Flop and Holy Flop x Kiss & Tell, A Year Without Rain, When the Sun Goes Down, Stars Dance, Revival and Rare). Taking by the media: 1,9M per album. Selena would be with +4M for her total. 15,5M, not really close of 9,7M as people running here to say :gaycat5:

That's not true though.... How can you be sure that each new Selena album will sell the same as previous ones?

In fact given that her new song (Single Soon) performs worse than LYTLM, the upcoming album is likely to sell less than Rare (which also sells less than Revival :rip:) Selena's sales trajectory is downwards ATM.

If you want to argue for Selena, you should argue with singles sales (digital + streaming equivalent) instead as Selena has always been a singles artist and she excels at that.

Based on her thread stats:

Don’t Forget: 1M

Here We Go Again: 800k

Unbroken: 1,38M

Demi: 2,15M

Confident: 1,3M

Tell Me You Love Me: 1,5M

Dancing With The Devil… The Art Of Starting Over: 460k

Holy ****: there’s no info about this album, but i would say 100k?

Camp Rock: 1,4M

Camp Rock 2: 500k

10,59M

It matches the Billboard total incluing Camp Rock (taking into consideration that those estimations made by fans are always over estimated)

:bird:

2 minutes ago, reymiu said:

That's not true though.... How can you be sure that each new Selena album will sell the same as previous ones?

In fact given that her new song (Single Soon) performs worse than LYTLM, the upcoming album is likely to sell less than Rare (which also sells less than Revival :rip:) Selena's sales trajectory is downwards ATM.

If you want to argue for Selena, you should argue with singles sales (digital + streaming equivalent) instead as Selena has always been a singles artist and she excels at that.

So why do you take Single Soon (which has only 3 days out) into consideration but not Calm Down? Hahaha if you wanna go by singles, you should know mostly of Selena hits aren’t frontloaded like LYTLM hahah not saying the next two albums are going to sell 2M, but taking into consideration a media is better than just don’t count anything for her and say she is on pair with Demi who even had 2 more albums (actually, 4) to add to her total and can’t even be ahead of Selena

12 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Based on her thread stats:

Don’t Forget: 1M

Here We Go Again: 800k

Unbroken: 1,38M

Demi: 2,15M

Confident: 1,3M

Tell Me You Love Me: 1,5M

Dancing With The Devil… The Art Of Starting Over: 460k

Holy ****: there’s no info about this album, but i would say 100k?

Camp Rock: 1,4M

Camp Rock 2: 500k

10,59M

It matches the Billboard total incluing Camp Rock (taking into consideration that those estimations made by fans are always over estimated)

:bird:

Lovato’s 2022 album, Holy ****, has done 130k in U.S. ATD, while 2021’s Dancing With the Devil is at 700k.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/near_truths_item&id=337369&title=NEAR-TRUTHS%3A-SEGUES-AND-SCHADENFREUDE

but the Lovatics told me she was bigger than Miley? :coffee2:

4 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

but the Lovatics told me she was bigger than Miley? :coffee2:

The only time Demi has ever felt bigger than Miley was maybe 2011 (Unbroken era) since her core fanbase felt stronger and more dedicated than Miley's

Edited by Saintlor

19 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

They way I bought UNBROKEN and wore that CD OUT. :clap3:

Unbroken was soooo good :jonny5:

Selena and Demi both are singles artists. Nothing wrong with that

4 hours ago, Yog said:

confident & TMYLM are the only ones platinum

She really killed the momentum after theses releases. Demi felt like start power was growing then it came to an abrupt stop with the dancing with the devil era. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.