Why is it dangerous to look through the peephole at night?

Fastlane

i look through @Smarticle’s peep hole all the time and nothing bad has happened yet 

Edited by Bussea
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know this was a taboo. I have to admit though that I always feel uneasy in the extremely rare instances that I deem necessary to do it.

• Like 1

Which side of the peephole are we talking about? Are we talking about from the inside of the house or from the outside of the house? Is that even possible from the outside?

I don't think I've ever seen a peephole in real life :skull:

Only in series and movies

One day i was looking through one because someone knocked to my door very loud and and looking up there were 4 men in pretty scary white outfits hiding pretty everything.  I was terrified afterwards but then they left.

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy

I looked through my peephole a few days ago when my doordasher was dropping my food off and he was really attractive. 

• Like 1

okay rl stine

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Katamari said:

okay rl stine

:jonny5:

It is giving the beginning of a r/nosleep thread.

• Haha 1

• ATRL Administrator

Well #1 sometimes people can see it when you come to the peephole. So if you’re trying to sneak a peek without asking who is it that’s a giveaway. 

Also with robberies sometimes they’ll put a gun at the peephole and pull the trigger when they see someone in front of it.

This is why I have cameras so I don’t have to ask. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.