Would a country album from Beyoncé smash right now?

k4rmabutterfly

It would probably be successful and multi platinum but I think it would be her least successful studio album since destiny’s child (1998). 

Maybe it wouldn't smash but it would surely be an amazing listen

It’s Beyoncé. She’s basically built a fanbase that’s interested in her reinventing and going into new territory. If she built it with the same intention of previous studio albums, she will do good numbers Imo. Daddy Lessons is one of the more acclaimed songs on Lemonade too and it wasn’t nominated because the country body felt like she was trying to game the system cause she could submit to so many different genres. I think she would include different genres with it too so. Renaissance is a dance album, but it includes several different dance genres.

Edited by FSXP
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Aramis said:

It's sad to think it's the only way she can win AOTY.

No it’s not. Country voters will not vote for Bey even if it was the best country album :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, Fleahive said:

No cause people hated on Daddy Lessons including the white audiences that loved lemonade. It was nobody’s favorite song. 

Mine. Apart from crazy in love when I am getting ready for a party is the only song from Beyoncé that I listen frequently 

4 hours ago, Fleahive said:

No cause people hated on Daddy Lessons including the white audiences that loved lemonade. It was nobody’s favorite song. 

THIS!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

It's sad to think it's the only way she can win AOTY.

Even then I don't think she could. Her collaborative approach makes for innovating and interesting music but traditional academy voters will be put off. I actually think no matter the circumstances they still wouldn't give it to her out of spite that she has it all already. There will always be some stupid reason they'll use to convince themselves why she wouldn't deserve it. 

i would be here for it, Daddy Lessons was definitely a stand out 

Conservatives hate her cause of formation football performance and “woke music” I don’t see it smashing

it would have smashed after I am Sasha fierce. If I were a boy was kind of country and it SMASHED 

I would love if she did funk music. 

Edited by FreeXone

well country airplay likes barely any women these days.

even taylor sent a few songs there after going full pop, and they only expressed mild interest.

12 hours ago, tshwark said:

Who knows, but radio will overplay for sure, at least it's guaranteed to have a huge airplay lead even if the song is hated,

:rip: In what world? She barely received radio play for a decade, until Renaissance. I swear you live in your own world. :toofunny3:

• Haha 1

It depends what you mean by smash. It could be decently successful in the US thanks to her fanbase like Renaissance. It wouldn't be close in terms of success to the big country albums of today.

• 6 months later...

Well it's coming in like 5 days so.....

no .. and as much as spotify puts it on when I don't ask for it .. I am going to skip it

I love beyonce but I think a lot of us will skip her this era

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.