Would a country album from Beyoncé smash right now?

k4rmabutterfly

There’s a lot of rumors and hints about act 2 being a country album. With the country renaissance, the timing seems PERFECT rn. Do you think Beyoncé would smash with a country album? Discuss.

Yes. Steal country back from the Maga crowd, Bey. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

That performance was such a power move. And she looked so damn snatched. I love love it. 

No. GP only wants upbeat and r&b leaning music from bey. Now if she did a soul or jazzy pop album that's a different question

No cause people hated on Daddy Lessons including the white audiences that loved lemonade. It was nobody’s favorite song. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I don't understand why American conservatives consider country a white music genre, it has black roots. I would love a country album with blues and soul elements incorporated in it, to commemorate the slaves that made music as a way to get through slavery. 

It shouldn't be too on the nose or woke, a black woman going country would be enough of a statement. 

The album that follows Renaissance won’t miss, regardless of genre but country screams vocals so I’m here for it 

6 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

No. GP only wants upbeat and r&b leaning music from bey. Now if she did a soul or jazzy pop album that's a different question

I feel like her next project after Act III would sound exactly like that. 

Her base wont use it and the Country crowd will not embrace it even if it’s a masterpiece (which it will be) so no. She needs to stay away from Country 

12 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

No cause people hated on Daddy Lessons including the white audiences that loved lemonade. It was nobody’s favorite song. 

Daddy Lessons topped the Rotunda 100

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pepo said:

I feel like her next project after Act III would sound exactly like that. 

To be honest that's my dream project from her now that she's done a dance record. Her doing something like Diamond Life would slay my soul. 

• Like 1

After what happened at the CMA Awards, I would say no. The Country crowd is too racist

Edited by Mirtilo

Probably not. The audience making songs like Small Town and Rich Men smash are not exactly Beyoncé fans.

Who knows, but radio will overplay for sure, at least it's guaranteed to have a huge airplay lead even if the song is hated,

It’s gonna be country but in a Beyoncé way!

just like how rennie is a dance album with her interpretation 

it’s gonna be a fresh new and innovative take on the country genre and she’ll probably re-define what country really is…

it’s gonna be her tribute and love letter to her southern roots

Edited by Bicassie
  • Like 1

Nope, it's not her style :gaycat2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.