Jelly Roll - Need A Favor
16 -2
Dua Lipa - Dance The Night
17 +10
Oliver Anthony Music - Feeling Purdy Good
18 =
Chris Stapleton - White Horse
19 +11
Oliver Anthony Music - Always Love You (Like a Good Ole Dog)
20 +2
Jelly Roll - Save Me (with Lainey Wilson)
21 +5
Oliver Anthony Music - Stuck Living in the New World

:deadbanana:

Not a fan of the lyrics and really didnt get what he was talking about for most of it, but I did like the voice from my 1 listen to the Richmond song

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Enrique523

• pride4jc1222

• Tsuko

49 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

No one buys music, grandma. 

But Swifties buying Vinyls & CDs … ? :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, TrieLz said:

But Swifties buying Vinyls & CDs … ? :coffee2:

You can remove sales from Taylor too and she's still bigger than everyone, lol. Streaming is the only platform that will matter in the future. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rac7d said:

But it’s not coordination it’s just people buying music they like cuz they do.   Coordinated is mass streaming vampires her label discounting it the weekend it drops just to over take a 20 week number 1 that returns to number  2 the following week.    That a manipulative move 

Oh please, it's MORE than obvious that people are buying songs like this purely because of the political message and not because they actually like the music. You can't possibly be THAT dumb :toofunny3:

• Like 3

Honestly, these type of hits are frontloaded. :coffee2: Mainly driven by 3 weeks inorganic iTunes sales and later they fall in oblivion.

1 hour ago, Green said:
1 =
Oliver Anthony Music - Rich Men North of Richmond
2 +3
Oliver Anthony Music - Aint Gotta Dollar
3 +3
Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer
4 =
Jason Aldean - Try That In A Small Town
5 +3
Oliver Anthony Music - Ive Got to Get Sober
6 +3
Luke Combs - Fast Car
7 -5
V - Rainy Days
8 -5
V - Love Me Again
9 +2
Oliver Anthony Music - I Want to go Home
10 =
Tom MacDonald & Adam Calhoun - Your America
11 +2
Morgan Wallen - Last Night
12 +8
Oliver Anthony Music - Virginia
13 -6
Cody Johnson - The Painter
14 +2
Oliver Anthony Music - Rich Mans Gold
15 -3
Jelly Roll - Need A Favor
16 -2
Dua Lipa - Dance The Night
17 +10
Oliver Anthony Music - Feeling Purdy Good
18 =
Chris Stapleton - White Horse
19 +11
Oliver Anthony Music - Always Love You (Like a Good Ole Dog)
20 +2
Jelly Roll - Save Me (with Lainey Wilson)
21 +5
Oliver Anthony Music - Stuck Living in the New World

Even Tom MacDonald is there! And Jelly Roll was on Joe Rogan's podcast recently as well so probably has some fans in the same audience as Oliver Anthony, Jason Aldean, Tom MacDonald, etc, too.

2 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Oh please, it's MORE than obvious that people are buying songs like this purely because of the political message and not because they actually like the music. You can't possibly be THAT dumb :toofunny3:

That probably is the main reason people are buying it, yes. It's not like it's all over radio or like he's being interviewed on talk shows or anything like that. Unfortunately that's never going to happen because the people he's criticising are the ones who decide if he's allowed on radio or TV lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsuko said:

That probably is the main reason people are buying it, yes. It's not like it's all over radio or like he's being interviewed on talk shows or anything like that. Unfortunately that's never going to happen because the people he's criticising are the ones who decide if he's allowed on radio or TV lol.

That's 100% the reason. Conservatives are low-life scumbags that will buy ANYTHING just to "own the libs". They're that pathetic and desperate :toofunny3:

I thought new Olivia song is going #1, I am so out of the loop with charts :rip:

Just now, Enrique523 said:

That's 100% the reason. Conservatives are low-life scumbags that will buy ANYTHING just to "own the libs". They're that pathetic and desperate :toofunny3:

Well, yeah. I mean what do you expect? Don't be upset about it. It's just a song. It'll blow over soon. :wink:

is country becoming a more popular genre?

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

This is an interesting question and I think the answer is actually still no. It's just as popular as ever but I think the political environment has separated right/left (especially the right) from other genres so they all pile into country and only support that now. It didn't use to be that way.

• Like 1

Why the **** isn’t Taylor releasing remixes, acoustic versions, etc like she did for Anti-Hero and Willow

This is ridiculous, the one time everybody actually wants her to scam the charts SMH

3 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Why the **** isn’t Taylor releasing remixes, acoustic versions, etc like she did for Anti-Hero and Willow

This is ridiculous, the one time everybody actually wants her to scam the charts SMH

Isn’t Apple Music dominated by pop and rap songs. Why country does better there than on Spotify :biblio: 

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

Isn’t Apple Music dominated by pop and rap songs. Why country does better there than on Spotify :biblio: 

No, Apple Music is dominated by rap and country. 

Country music does better on Apple Music and Amazon Music than spotify

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Not you getting report for this :skull:

I guess someone can't handle the heat smh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallucinate said:

Depending on your definition of popular, no. In terms of crossover, no. Absolutely not. If this were to sustain past the remainder of this year, yes, you could use the Hot 100 to make that argument.

This was addressed in the executive's upset thread - hip-hop dominates streaming because hip-hop demos stream content as their preference. They're intensely loyal, a very insular market, and will show OUT when it comes to intensely high first few week album sales and then singles streaming subsequently, which is why it dominates streaming outside of the typical marquee brand name pop stars.

The only other intensely loyal, very culturally insular and protective genre other than hip-hop in this country is country music. That used to be the case with rock music but so many that show out now on the charts for music consumption that are front-loaded there are for legacy acts, UNLIKE country, whose intense consumption is still reflected in old AND current stars. They will show out when they need to to prove a point, even if its not political, but to show their loyalty to a star and the culture.

Country's streaming-heavy hits have almost always been crossover genre, which is why it does better on Apple and Amazon than Spotify.

Outside of established brand names (Olivia, Rih, Bey, Adele, Ed, Harry, Bruno, Taylor, Billie, Dua), pop fans are notoriously unreliable, very flimsy and fair-weather. TikTok trends that are everywhere for a millisecond then disappear only make that problem worse.

That culturally is NOT the case with neither hip-hop nor country. Even in the age of streaming. Tik-Tok is certainly helping both of those genres, but there's not a massive drop-off in other forms of consumption of the singles like there is in pop music because of the demographics' consumption patterns. Pop's increased success then slow death in the late 2000's and early 2010's lined up almost perfectly with the birth and death of the digital iTunes single, pre-meme trends. That's not a coincidence.

With country though right now, it's a perfect storm of coincidences to give the impression that country is becoming a more popular genre.

More of the country fans that only listen to country almost exclusively are purchasing these singles when they normally haven't purchased singles generally or streamed them, and the fact that they're all either culturally hyped for other reasons OR were designed to be crossover happen to be pulling in other listeners that won't bother following their material or the genre afterwards.

- "Last Night", Morgan Wallen:

Massive crossover single from biggest country star in the world in his peak of country backlash to n-word backlash wave

- "Fast Car", Luke Combs:

Massive crossover cover from a huge country star whose success won't be replicated subsequently

- "Try That in a Small Town", Jason Aldean:

MAGA & Fox-fueled culture war anthem front-boosted as a result of music video release + subsequent fallout

- "Rich Men North of Richmond", Oliver Anthony:

MAGA & Fox-fueled culture war anthem trying to make a trend after Aldean backlash that won't be replicated

Oliver claims to be a centrist, which is bull****, of course. He wants a sustainable career outside of MAGA which is why he's saying that. Or at least his agent is telling him that, if he has one.

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Green said:

No, Apple Music is dominated by rap and country. 

Country music does better on Apple Music and Amazon Music than spotify

In June, the difference between Amazon Music and Apple Music was small in the US, there is a possibility that Amazon Music already has more users.

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Not you getting report for this :skull:

I guess someone can't handle the heat smh

Yeah, being reported for this is very telling when i just said the obvious truth :coffee2:

This hollering hillbilly better not block this gospel from the Lord’s discography from going #1

2 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Oh here they are, ATRL’s hypocrites :toofunny3:

Do we know how that song is doing now? I still don’t understand how they predicted the 50k number but whatever.

The redneck is at #5 on Apple Music US... Thank universe he ain't getting any radio airplay 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.