Cruel Summer challenging for #1; threatened by new racist country song

Carry My Heart

Oh, everyone's back here and there's 3 debates going on....HA :rip: Was wondering if this would die with the thread but the song's bigger than ever :deadbanana2:

Well I already gave my essay of a response on page 9 I'm not expanding on. 

This is not an indication of country music becoming bigger but loyal country listeners transitioning more to streaming as boomers retire.

• Like 1

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Enrique523

• pride4jc1222

• Tsuko

Oliver Anthony Music's Rich Men North of Richmond is at #3 on US Spotify 
#3(+6) — 1,376,168(+467,905)

• Confused 1

It's locked for #1 unless Taylor does some mass fraud. It will be #1 on streaming and do 150k pure

3 hours ago, Tsuko said:

Yeah, but to be fair most men would watch Troye Sivan's latest video and not find that relatable or authentic either. People are just different.

I don’t know her but I’ll agree

Barring a Drake release the next couple of weeks seems to be an optimal time for CS to go #1 unless this other songs just keeps growing... 

Just now, Tsuko said:

Taxes are supposed to help the poor, not hurt the poor.

Yes, which is why federal income tax is a progressive taxation and the tax burden increases by how much you make. Americans already pay very low levels of taxes and people who are actually poor rightfully pay often an effective tax rate of 0%.

If the info on "Oliver Anthony" aka Chris Lunsford is true and he was previously making $150k a year, he'd be in the 90th percentile of income earners. This is a rich man from Richmond attacking welfare.

Someone making $150k a year not wanting to pay taxes is explicitly doing so because they want to cut programs that aid poor families. The people who qualify for welfare receive a greater net benefit than the very small taxes they may experience. 

Your posts are amounting to poorly informed libertarian propaganda and I advise you to not clutter up more of this thread with posts expressing a failure to understand how taxation does and does not work. 

38 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

:deadbanana2:

and it's not that far from #1 on spotify

She needs to release a music video from the tour

5 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Is #1 on overall streaming possible this week? :ohwow:

If Taylor's single wasn't released at this time would folks here care as much about this other song reaching #1?

Or is that hypothetical not worth addressing?

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

Someone making $150k a year not wanting to pay taxes is explicitly doing so because they want to cut programs that aid poor families. The people who qualify for welfare receive a greater net benefit than the very small taxes they may experience. 

You should learn what a millionaire is. Someone who makes $150k a year is usually a millionaire (or will be pretty soon), therefore should DEFINITELY be paying taxes.

she cursed the album when she sang hey kids spelling is fun

I don't believe that american people claim that taxes are too high? Like you have one of the lowest share of the tax revenue per GDP globally. 

jdDeup8.png

3 minutes ago, popmusic said:

I don't believe that american people claim that taxes are too high? Like you have one of the lowest share of the tax revenue per GDP globally. 

jdDeup8.png

Because of the stupid healthcare mostly I would think?

10 minutes ago, popmusic said:

jdDeup8.png

yeah, except we have that taxation rate without the assumed benefits. public funding is gutted with money going to rich people's tax write-offs, insanely high police budgets, etc. -- things that don't actually benefit people -- while libraries, schools, roads, health infrastructure, etc. get completely ****** and under-funded

OT: if she released a remix i would buy and stream at this point

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Because of the stupid healthcare mostly I would think?

Low taxes are in the DNA of U.S. people and they try to reduce tax spendings so badly the gov and social services are tragic. It's funny because the debt is over 100% of their annual GDP. 

11 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

yeah, except we have that taxation rate without the assumed benefits. public funding is gutted with money going to rich people's tax write-offs, insanely high police budgets, etc. -- things that don't actually benefit people -- while libraries, schools, roads, health infrastructure, etc. get completely ****** and under-funded

OT: if she released a remix i would buy and stream at this point

I see your point, income inequality is extremely high in the US when you consider it's the largest and most advanced economy in the world. When I visited the US for the first time, I was shocked by how stark the contrast was. 

Ais1cXy.png

1 hour ago, Tsuko said:

Is #1 on overall streaming possible this week? :ohwow:

still #1 on AM & rising exponentially on Spotify, i’d say yes

1 hour ago, swiftawaywithme said:

Does anyone think a song/remix/collaboration with Selena Gomez is ever a good idea? I don't :skull:

Why wouldn't it be? Selena has one of the biggests songs of this year, almost on pair with one of the biggests of Taylor's career (Anti-Hero) :gaycat3:

• Like 1

Early Canada predictions: 

Looks like Fast Car's chances for the #1 there are done, with Cruel Summer passing it.

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

FZ6FRTb.gif

• Haha 1

Bruh why are we talking about taxes in a thread about Cruel Summer ? We have a Civics area for a reason 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.