• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• Enrique523

• pride4jc1222

• Tsuko

Oh but when I said this was going #1 on Page 4 of this thread, I got dislikes and people quoting me telling me I was wrong :zzz: The way this exact same sh*t happened literally two weeks ago and some of you already forgot :toofunny2:

• Like 2

"Last Night" is also the first country song by a solo male to top the Hot 100 in over 42 years

We had 42 years without this. Why is the US now trying to make it happen all the time?

lana-del-ray-running.gif

Seems weird to predict it at #4 when its #2 on Apple Music and then change it to favorite for #1 when it goes #1 an hour later

2 minutes ago, shelven said:

Oh but when I said this was going #1 on Page 4 of this thread, I got dislikes and people quoting me telling me I was wrong :zzz: The way this exact same sh*t happened literally two weeks ago and some of you already forgot :toofunny2:

Rightwing isn't the sole reason this is going to #1. (If that was the case, then why hasn't any of Tom McDonald's songs blown up like this?) Something deeper is going on. I must be missing something on why this one is blowing up. This clearly doesn't have the controversy factor of TTiaST. Maybe it's relating well to the GP, but this one is surprising to me.

As much as I hate Taylor Swift, I would rather see her get another number one hit than this white trash who belongs in the trailer park. 

I guess he's taking that #1 next week but I'm sure this will be front loaded so Cruel Summer will go #1 the week after. :cm:

• ATRL Moderator

Not the conservatives figuring out how to make industry plants now too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The vocals in this song are disgusting but honestly he kind of clocks Republicans more than Democrats in this song.

Just now, Domination said:

The vocals in this song are disgusting but honestly he kind of clocks Republicans more than Democrats in this song.

inch resting

conservative Christians listening to Take me to church tease

• Haha 1

Its really ******* over

13 Management MOVE your ASS

Not the first verse talking about the struggles of poverty and then the second verse mocking people on welfare as fat and lazy. :rip:

This is why rural is not a class indicator. Many of these rural right wingers are often business owners and part of an affluent class who make six figures and own multiple homes and underpay the workers they hire to work on their farm or in their construction company and then go off about "the educated liberal elite". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Seems weird to predict it at #4 when its #2 on Apple Music and then change it to favorite for #1 when it goes #1 an hour later

It's all wild guess atp. I still don't think he is going #1. 

I really don't get the appeal of this song.. at least Last Night and Fast Car are tolerable.. :dies: 

1 minute ago, Baby Judas said:

I really don't get the appeal of this song.. at least Last Night and Fast Car are tolerable.. :dies: 

fast car at least has strong writing going for it since it's a cover. 

• Like 1

Wait not verse 3 making fun of fat people too.

This man literally looks pot-bellied himself like the kind of gout-suffering stereotypes of people in Appalachia. What is the obsession with fat people from uhhh the "North"? :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Rightwing isn't the sole reason this is going to #1. (If that was the case, then why hasn't any of Tom McDonald's songs blown up like this?) Something deeper is going on. I must be missing something on why this one is blowing up. This clearly doesn't have the controversy factor of TTiaST. Maybe it's relating well to the GP, but this one is surprising to me.

It's almost 100% rightwing. The only difference between this one and stuff by people like Tom McDonald is after Jason went #1, the MAGA crowd realized that it's not actually that difficult to force a song to #1, so they're more incentivized than ever to buy and stream.

I promise you nobody who's not firmly rightwing is buying or mass streaming a song with the lyric "Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds, Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds" :rip:

18 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

The 2nd verse is literally about the idea that all Democrats are pedophiles. :rip:

I understood the controversy around  “TTIAST”, but what’s the reason this random song went viral? Could someone explain me?

The way it starts like an old Johnny Cash-like blue collar country song and then verges off into yelling about QAnon and entitled fatties :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Not the first verse talking about the struggles of poverty and then the second verse mocking people on welfare as fat and lazy. :rip:

This is why rural is not a class indicator. Many of these rural right wingers are often business owners and part of an affluent class who make six figures and own multiple homes and underpay the workers they hire to work on their farm or in their construction company and then go off about "the educated liberal elite". 

Not surprising, modern conservative ideology is FULL of contradictions :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.