The Sun: Shakira is this year's MTV Video Vanguard Award Recipient

crazyncool

9 hours ago, mons†er said:

Shakira's videography is immaculate and she's incredibly talented but I don't understand how Shakira is receiving this award before Lady Gaga. Did LG piss someone off at MTV?? how did Katy and J.Lo and now Shakira are all receiving this award before her.

Umm  besides her great videography and streaming numbers Shakira has had a longer career and is having a moment in 2023. Her longevity is insane. Gaga already brought the tricon  award maybe she should have bought the vanguard award instead :sorry:

Edited by K@rm@
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• crazyncool

• AvadaKedavra

• brave07

3 hours ago, K@rm@ said:

Umm  besides her great videography and streaming numbers Shakira has had a longer career and is having a moment in 2023. Her longevity is insane. Gaga already brought the tricon  award maybe she should have bought the vanguard award instead :sorry:

reading comprehension isn't really apart of your skill set I see. 

15 minutes ago, mons†er said:

reading comprehension isn't really apart of your skill set I see. 

Read just fine,  Shakira deserves the award before Gaga :sorry:.

Shaki is one of the defying artist from the TRL era and still going. Gaga had cute videos during The Fame era though. Besides she was already honored with a made up award.

• Thanks 1

ATRL is funny, suggesting that Shakira, who has a 30+ year music career, has been releasing music videos since 1991, and has 26 billion music video streams on YouTube (the highest among all female artists), is somehow receiving this award too soon or undeservedly.  :ahh:

She literally has the #1 and #2 most streamed videos of 2023 with TQG and BZRP Music Sessions 53. Even “Waka Waka”, which was released in 2010, is the #17 most viewed video of this year, showing last impact.  :heart: 

https://kworb.net/youtube/topvideos2023.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brave07 said:

what's her iconic video? and im being serious 

Girl bye salty and shady is not even cute anymore go stalk your fave. Isn’t she on her “I don’t need paparazzi and tabloids phase” because of her man and I’m being serious :gaycat5:

Didn’t your fave win already because of her beauty/ass shots in all her videos? Lol why you worried about Shakira 

Really excited for her performance, I'm expecting SB-Level with more time. Not ATRL already having meltdowns over this :rip:.

I was hoping for Katy this year but nonetheless, the source isn't reliable so :gaycat:

2 hours ago, brave07 said:

Let's ask Jenny from the bus stop :gaycat6:

12 minutes ago, rivingtonrebel said:

I was hoping for Katy this year but nonetheless, the source isn't reliable so :gaycat:

Either way she’s performing and coming out of hibernation so it’s a win win for Shakira fans.

watch us get a copa vacía performance and that’s it lmao omg let me not speak that into existence. 

I don't wanna sound like a hater but I can literally name like 2 Shakira videos off the top of my head... and one of them is a Beyonce feat. 

50 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I don't wanna sound like a hater but I can literally name like 2 Shakira videos off the top of my head... and one of them is a Beyonce feat. 

You do sound like a hater and music doesn't revolve around western artists so take several seats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mystical said:

Sounds like a you problem.

• Like 4

You know what I will be nice and say Congrats for getting the award. She doesn't deserve it but, the Sun has never steered us wrong before, right?

• Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

The disrespect and undercover racism in here :deadbanana4:

Always when something big with Shakira is announced (and this is not even confirmed mind you lol). There were a lot of haters when 53 and tqg went #1 on global (songs were meh and generic).

Super Bowl (she didn’t have enough hits to headline)

and this is someone 30+ years into her career who actually fought excecs at sony for them to let her do whatever the hell she wanted, but then again trying to prove anything to some of these atrl girls is like whistling against the wind. They wouldn’t be saying the same shyt if it was their fave. (Which of some of their faves already got the award for glam beauty shots) I guess theirs was deserved :gaycat5:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2023 at 1:15 AM, GeeDuval said:

Girl bye salty and shady is not even cute anymore go stalk your fave. Isn’t she on her “I don’t need paparazzi and tabloids phase” because of her man and I’m being serious :gaycat5:

Didn’t your fave win already because of her beauty/ass shots in all her videos? Lol why you worried about Shakira 

my fav is a living legend icon there is no comparison I like shakira too but what's her iconic video???

3 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

Always when something big with Shakira is announced (and this is not even confirmed mind you lol). There were a lot of haters when 53 and tqg went #1 on global (songs were meh and generic).

Super Bowl (she didn’t have enough hits to headline)

and this is someone 30+ years into her career who actually fought excecs at sony for them to let her do whatever the hell she wanted, but then again trying to prove anything to some of these atrl girls is like whistling against the wind. They wouldn’t be saying the same shyt if it was their fave. (Which of some of their faves already got the award for glam beauty shots) I guess theirs was deserved :gaycat5:

the Super Bowl was mazing they both did great but JLO has more hits and more memorable songs JLO outperformed shakira and not to mention when JLo came on her beauty OMG living legend I love your selena top JLO portrayed  her so good :) Selena parents chose JLO

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 8/13/2023 at 2:32 AM, Lorelei said:

Let's ask Jenny from the bus stop :gaycat6:

I mean JLO has heaps 

WAITING FOR TONIGHT 

IM REAL REMIX 

GET RIGHT 

IF YOU HAD MY LOVE 

LETS GET LOUD 

JENNY FROM THE BLOCK 

LOVE DONT COST A THING 

PLAY 

ON THE FLOOR 

EL ANILLO 

AINT YOUR MAMMA 

AINT IT FUNNY REMIX 

ALL I HAVE 

IM GLAD 

SHE HAS HEAPS I LIKE SHAKIRA BUT SHE DONT DESERVE THIS SHE HAS LIKE 1 OR 2 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brave07 said:

the Super Bowl was mazing they both did great but JLO has more hits and more memorable songs JLO outperformed shakira and not to mention when JLo came on her beauty OMG living legend I love your selena top JLO portrayed  her so good :) Selena parents chose JLO

Sweetie the level delusion here aint it. Everyone knows Shakira outperformed JLo in everyway. Shakira won all the surveys, all her songs went  inside the top 10 of Itunes while your fave was stiff as a bamboo and couldn’t chart any of her “heaps” inside the top 10

• Like 2

Just now, Spartan528 said:

Sweetie the level delusion here aint it. Everyone knows Shakira outperformed JLo in everyway. Shakira won all the surveys, all her songs went  inside the top 10 of Itunes while your fave was stiff as a bamboo and couldn’t chart any of her “heaps” inside the top 10

JLO out performed her im not delusional lol JLO is a ICON you shakira fans are threaten by JLO I like shakira but being a JLO fan u see how JLO is way better in music catalog her dance moves her beauty her stage presence she out performed her shakira looked like a mess and I dont understand why u guys are so delusional lol JLO music is iconic shakira isn't she's like a second class next to JLO JLO is polished shakira always looks dirty lol 

On 8/12/2023 at 10:03 PM, vuelve88 said:

ATRL is funny, suggesting that Shakira, who has a 30+ year music career, has been releasing music videos since 1991, and has 26 billion music video streams on YouTube (the highest among all female artists), is somehow receiving this award too soon or undeservedly.  :ahh:

She literally has the #1 and #2 most streamed videos of 2023 with TQG and BZRP Music Sessions 53. Even “Waka Waka”, which was released in 2010, is the #17 most viewed video of this year, showing last impact.  :heart: 

https://kworb.net/youtube/topvideos2023.html

Ikr, i'm actually surprised she hasn't received a Vanguard yet :deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, brave07 said:

and then you wake up…. :celestial:

On 8/12/2023 at 3:04 PM, brave07 said:

Hips Don't Lie, Whenever, Wherever and She Wolf are just some of them :cm:

OT: QUEEN :clap3: She rightfully deserves it. I just know she's gonna give a showstopping performance :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.