Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

how are y'all illegally listening to this...? isn't it supposed to be out on streaming at midnight US eastern time?

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

wait... why is Bad Blood production not like the one on the remix? cause that snippet from that super pets was like the remix 

Just woke up and listened to the vault and I'd say Jack did a great job,  I can see some of production will PUNCH in HQ. But even just one non-Jack produced song would've been cute. It gets a little repetitive. 

I love love love "****!". Easily one of my fav Taylor songs ever. But I don't see it being a hit the verses are kinda weak

Say Don't Go could've been basic but turned out to be such a BOP. Ugh I just love that we finally have a Diane collab

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Let's just be thankful the original masterpiece still exists

5wtET8w.gif

Thank god I’ve bought the album so I can listen to the OG whenever without giving scottahhhh coins 

Style OG will be kept 

• Like 1

2 MORE HOURS!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

wait... why is Bad Blood production not like the one on the remix? cause that snippet from that super pets was like the remix 

Because the remix is and has always been inferior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After first listen:

1. Now that we don’t talk

2. Say don’t go

3. Is it over now?

4. Slüt!

5. Suburban Legends (the AI track was superior :monkey:)

I plan to buy the OG standard editions on vinyl at some point. I’m never streaming them again, though. I know some people are like it doesn’t matter but that’s the whole point. I ain’t ever putting money in Scooter Braun’s pocket again after this whole ordeal

1 hour ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

now if she doesn't do anything tonight, I'll be so disappointed. I thought she was gonna give 1989 TV a Red TV treatment, with late night show appearances, two music videos and decent promo, but as of now, this feels even worse than Fearless TV and Speak Now TV :gaycatx:

The album hasn't even been released yet what are you talking about?:rip:

Edited by Starchild

Style guitar riff is def botched but it's not like I expect they would deliver, setting a guitar tone is literally one of the most hardest thing ever in producing music and even for the Style OG they asked a guitarist to play that riff when Shellback is already very capable of playing a guitar. Instead the bass punches so much harder so overall it's not that bad.

People thinking we’re getting a ‘dark’ 1989 :rip: if anything she’ll just drop rep. She wants this **** OUT OF THE WAYYY

• Like 1

I need to start getting my new favorite playlist organized so I can put it together right at release. The Archer will be there obvi, and all the 1989 vault tracks, plus her cover of Will You Still Love Me, ATW10, Anti-Hero, and The Great War, but I'm having a hard time with determining whether some other songs fit that vibe. Should Labyrinth be on there? Mastermind, since one of the vault tracks has passing similarities? Does So It Goes... fit, or Call It What You Want? And with those two on there, maybe Maroon, too...

15 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Let's just be thankful the original masterpiece still exists

5wtET8w.gif

Love this positivity

5wtET8w.gif

Now That We Don't Talk is a waste of a hit, just when you start enjoying it, it ends

I’m not sure where the double album rumours are coming from? If anything, those photos circulating of the album covered up in vinyl stores might be a special vinyl store edition with a cover we haven’t yet seen. 

13 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

Because the remix is and has always been inferior.

it is, hence why i thought she would've ditched the OG album version and made the TV like the remix but solo 

2 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I’m not sure where the double album rumours are coming from? If anything, those photos circulating of the album covered up in vinyl stores might be a special vinyl store edition with a cover we haven’t yet seen. 

It’s going to be a Karlie variant.

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

I need to start getting my new favorite playlist organized so I can put it together right at release. The Archer will be there obvi, and all the 1989 vault tracks, plus her cover of Will You Still Love Me, ATW10, Anti-Hero, and The Great War, but I'm having a hard time with determining whether some other songs fit that vibe. Should Labyrinth be on there? Mastermind, since one of the vault tracks has passing similarities? Does So It Goes... fit, or Call It What You Want? And with those two on there, maybe Maroon, too...

wait this actually made me realize **** kinda sounds like SIG. I mean it's still different but I'd say it's in the same vein! MR + SIG = **** :jonny5:

2 hours until official release :WAP:

Can't wait to enjoy the vault tracks for the VERY FIRST TIME :WAP:

• Like 1

Just now, Tusk said:

It’s going to be a Karlie variant.

Delete this :khalyan2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1989 said:

Delete this :khalyan2:

She has to do something. She alienated 0.0001% of her fan base today.  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, enchanted0 said:

wait this actually made me realize **** kinda sounds like SIG. I mean it's still different but I'd say it's in the same vein! MR + SIG = **** :jonny5:

So It Hoes :gaycat2:

No but really, she's built such a beautiful list of these synth-driven down-or-mid-tempo kinds of tracks. I could see it being a sound she comes back to over the years. Still praying for that studio version of her Will You Still Love Me cover one day.

9 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

People thinking we’re getting a ‘dark’ 1989 :rip: if anything she’ll just drop rep. She wants this **** OUT OF THE WAYYY

i would die happy if she dropped ed shirin on rep - ruins the song for me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.