Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

I'll listen when it officially comes out but why is everyone hating "Style"? What about it is different?

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

1 minute ago, schnetzka said:

I'll listen when it officially comes out but why is everyone hating "Style"? What about it is different?

The production sounds different in the leak, the intro guitar riff especially

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, liam13 said:

people eat raw chicken then complain when it tastes different :gaycatx:

Plz explain 

8 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

I don't think it'll do well on streaming but I love it

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

I think it’s still possible for sure. The news about the label pushing something to radio based on fan demand throws things for a loop, but if anything like, has a video ready or something, I feel like it’s that one.

See, I actually love the song, but I’m not sure how much of a ‘smash’ it is. If it is indeed the one pushed, I could see it debuting at #1 solely on her power (and the name) but then freefalling. 

I can see this being the TV that should have a song from the original album pushed, actually. 

Guess we’ll see in a few hours. 

5 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with it in a musicology perspective.

BUT...so many of us have been listening to the original for nearly a decade, and it's also a song that a lot of us hold dear (me included). We're deeply familiar with every single breathe she takes, every guitar lick, every snare, etc. It's nearly impossible to recreate a song note-for-note, so it's something we're either going to get used to over time (or continue to listen to the original :ryan3:).

• Like 1

Are the vaults boring like fearless and speak now 

or are they up with the masterpiece RED?

6 minutes ago, 1989 said:

See, I actually love the song, but I’m not sure how much of a ‘smash’ it is. If it is indeed the one pushed, I could see it debuting at #1 solely on her power (and the name) but then freefalling. 

I can see this being the TV that should have a song from the original album pushed, actually. 

Guess we’ll see in a few hours. 

I totally get what you mean. As far as what I think she should push, I actually think it makes sense to go with something like Clean or New Romantics - major fan favorites that weren’t huge hits from the original and that have tons of room to grow with casual listeners as a result.

• Like 1

Style and Shake it off's instrumental is like from a youtube karaoke :rip:

11 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

The intro the way the music is louder than her and the way she sounds at time very monotone 

this version of Shake it off is not lead single material :chick3:

Damn.  not feeling these new re-records. Only one that sounds better is sio and that’s only because it was awful before. Hopefully it will grow on me 

i hope she gets max to do his tracks on reputation. Cause that production is gonna be harder to replicate his magic. 

****! is one of her weakest songs ever, imo. SDG, NTWDT and IION are great. Suburban is just there.

4 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Plz explain 

its just swifties' new way of addressing certain matter/stuff in here.

the ah ah ah ah ah in new romantics is the new wee EEE

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Not y’all thinking the change of the Style TV intro is on the same level as WANEGT TV, which has been the actual botch in this process. It’s just the intro, the majority of the song is fine. 

but that guitar is what makes style a classic

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Anyways those who’ve heard the leaks, how is my favorite Shake it off TV? 

worst, its not a lead single material anymore. Her vocals and instrumental is like straight from Karaoke :rip:

Edited by Anti-Hero
  • Thumbs Down 2

the vocal in you and I in bad blood is weird. she sounds forced and constraint 

I have to stand by my notion that the vault tracks are all giving The Archer. If you know, you know - it's not just generically "clearly Jack Antonoff produced this," it's a specific variant of that. None of them really build the same way it does, but they have the same textures, the same color, the same sonic mood. It was present on Midnights, too, but not every track - it was on things like Anti-Hero, for example. I actually think The Great War has a very similar energy, too, though that's a Dessner production.

Anyway, I've said before that The Archer stans will inherit the earth - now it's clear that we already have. :bird:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Plz explain 

Raw chicken is the code word for leaks on some other forum and the phrase caught on here since last night 

Edited by =NEX=

I have so many issues with New Romantics TV

-The children's choir singing the AHs

-The vibe of the chorus is off

-The offtempo AHs

Im crying she outdid You Are in Love, now i just need someone to fall in love again :cries::sosad:this brings back so many memories

Biggest Improvements: Wildest Dreams, This Love, Clean, You Are In Love

Biggest Disappointments: Style, New Romantics

it's between slvt and is it over now for what becomes the focus track imo...i'm personally favoring slvt, but IION? is kinda the next girlie in the ootw/gc/cs lineage. but i have to wonder, will the GP ever get tired of that sound to any degree? im also kinda concerned since GC has plenty of potential to become a viral hit too lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.