Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

people being so dramatic and annoying on a release week is not something I'm unaccustomed to.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

8 minutes ago, 1989 said:

This was a fun read. She seems so incredibly down to earth for someone so unbelievably famous. It's a little disheartening to read about the constant photos, but hopefully that just doesn't get to her and people respect the requests to delete.

Say Don’t Go is 10/10

Absolutely f*cking phenomenal… what a song.

In other news, she completely butchered Style :rip:

Say don’t go is her best song I fear. 

the chicken that was faux cooking for suburban legends is unmatched compared to the chicken that was burnt 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Because there was a quota on the number of pop songs that scooter would allow on red, since he still wanted it to be a country album. Those cut songs are the pop vault tracks.

In contrast, 1989 was designed to be Taylor’s thriller so her typical more wordy album tracks were cut instead.

Oh I get it, hope the vault tracks grew on me unlike Speak Now's :coffee:

I love the re-recording and I’m already getting used to them. Can’t relate!

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

This was a fun read. She seems so incredibly down to earth for someone so unbelievably famous. It's a little disheartening to read about the constant photos, but hopefully that just doesn't get to her and people respect the requests to delete.

Right? It is kind of incredible. 

I think some do and some don’t; the story in that article about Taylor and Sophie dining in the private room and Taylor’s bodyguards asked the paps to stop taking pictures? If I’m not mistaken, those did end up being published. :katie: 

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

I have to stand by my notion that the vault tracks are all giving The Archer. If you know, you know - it's not just generically "clearly Jack Antonoff produced this," it's a specific variant of that. None of them really build the same way it does, but they have the same textures, the same color, the same sonic mood. It was present on Midnights, too, but not every track - it was on things like Anti-Hero, for example. I actually think The Great War has a very similar energy, too, though that's a Dessner production.

Anyway, I've said before that The Archer stans will inherit the earth - now it's clear that we already have. :bird:

Exactly, The Archangel is just that girl and these pathetic losers will just have to cope with the fact that Jack has a signature sound that millions of people (and Taylor) enjoy enough to keep hearing over and over.

olivia-wilde-olivia.gif

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Everyone here has listened to the leaks meanwhile I wanna wait till midnight to experience it :deadbanana2:

Tea I don't get the urge to listen to a leak just a few hours before :deadbanana4: I get it if it was leaked like a week early but people can't wait a few hours 

now if she doesn't do anything tonight, I'll be so disappointed. I thought she was gonna give 1989 TV a Red TV treatment, with late night show appearances, two music videos and decent promo, but as of now, this feels even worse than Fearless TV and Speak Now TV :gaycatx:

It always the girls lurking in the background waiting for the leaks to give their opinions first. :toofunny3: 

• Haha 1

This is a dumb question to ask so late, but does anyone know what versions, if any, can be purchased with a digital booklet included?

7 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Right? It is kind of incredible. 

I think some do and some don’t; the story in that article about Taylor and Sophie dining in the private room and Taylor’s bodyguards asked the paps to stop taking pictures? If I’m not mistaken, those did end up being published. :katie: 

Oh and I’m not sure if you’ve tried the chicken yet but Clean TV is phenomenal. I think you’ll be happy.

I literally cried :rip:

All of the TV so far have been major upgrades for me (minus the big pop tracks on Red, but I don't use those anyway), but this one is a pass for me from the tacky cover art to the weird mixing to the underwhelming vault tracks :michael:  The new Clean is a serve though

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, terrorblade said:

either too expensive or they had a falling out

Or maybe he was just too busy/didn't want to.  They didn't have a falling out, she thanked him and Shellback in a speech in 2021 and said she can't wait to learn more the next time they work together, and she also speaks highly of him in the album booklet.

16 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

Guys I'm starting to believe the double album thing 

Me too. I’m so excited for midnight my stomach hurts

And when midnight comes and she post how happy she is to release this and goes ghost :( 

Just now, Life Savers said:

Red is really her favorite child, huh?

I saw this tweet with all the promo she did for red tv 

the best promo ever it was just such a magical moment again 

• Like 1

Some pretty major misses here but the songs I care the most about (YAIL, Clean, HYGTG, This Love) are safe so I'm fine looking past those. The vaults are really great sans Subaru Lesbians tbh. IION's chorus is maybe one of my favorite Tay choruses yet and Dianne really put her whole Warrenussy into SDG. :jonny2:

Let’s be honest.

She did all that Red promo to get out of Joe’s basement 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.